RTX A2000 Full Copper Low Profile Single Slot Edition - aka A2000 SpongeBob Copperpants Mod

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I'm afraid the mounting pattern of the RTX A2000 is completely different than traditional cards. Furthermore, it is low profile so the block is too large and clashes with a lot of components that are taller than the die and memory.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hi All,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'd like to install this card in an HDPLEX H5 using the passive GPU add-on kit:

However, HDPLEX hasn't been able to verify if this card is compatible, since it requires printing a the 1-1 scale cutout and seeing if the heatsink will be able to match one of the mounting patterns.
1:1 cutout: https://hdplex.com/pub/media/image/...rview/HDPLEX.GPU.Copper.Base.Compatibilty.pdf

If anyone could verify or point me in the right direction, I'd be most grateful.

I've attached a simplified model of the A2000 PCBA to my first post of this thread. Maybe this would help, but looking at the drawing from HDPLEX you'll probably need to modify/get a custom cold plate to make it fit.

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
I don't know what the A2000 pattern is, but the hdplex gpu block patterns haven't been updated since RTX 2*** / Vega 64 and they aren't compatible with 30 series (which is a shame because they are very good copper blocks).

You can also try using an image of the board with an overlay of the pattern in photoshop or similar to check hole patterns

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
This would be neat to see a refresh on 4000 sff ada or gigabyte 4060 lp (but which also needs desoldering or cutting of a 2nd slot port)

Reactions: SFFMunkee

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
This would be neat to see a refresh on 4000 sff ada or gigabyte 4060 lp (but which also needs desoldering or cutting of a 2nd slot port)
I agree, I'm thinking single slot 110W 4060 LP would be absolute perfection for SFF builds!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Well, I watched an YT video the other day, showing the GB 4060LP hitting 80C with the stock cooler/settings and over 70C with a slight UV ... I don't think a single slot cooler would be feasible ... but if someone donates me an 4000 SFF ADA I'll see what I can do... XD

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Well, I watched an YT video the other day, showing the GB 4060LP hitting 80C with the stock cooler/settings and over 70C with a slight UV ... I don't think a single slot cooler would be feasible ... but if someone donates me an 4000 SFF ADA I'll see what I can do... XD
Till, that sounds too much like giving up to me. My A2000 does 140W on the (rather awful) stock cooler perfectly fine. 110W should be feasible on single-slot ;)

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
NIce. Are you doing the NFC thing, supplying additional power to the riser?
I was using a powered riser but lately have just been running it at 90-110W directly from the board (or standard riser) and seems to work ok for now. I had planned on soldering a supplementary 12V supply directly to the PCB but then the 4060LP came out sooooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Gingerbeer