RTX A2000-X3 | a cool&quiet tripple fan mod for the A2000

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Why not find a ground point on the GPU and solder a second cable from there to your 6pin? Would make the entire setup more legit…

immolationepoch

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2023
First off, appreciate all the responses. I'm tapping +12V from SATA power and the system boots just fine. I feel very stupid in hindsight.. thank you @REVOCCASES

Why not find a ground point on the GPU and solder a second cable from there to your 6pin? Would make the entire setup more legit…
That's beyond my expertise though I'd love to know how to do so. If you have any relvant links, please share!

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Nothing to share since this requires understanding the schematics of the RTX A2000 PCB or some experiance using a multi meter on a running system... But basically, the same people that figured out that "you need to solder a 12V wire to that side of that specific shunt resistor" could also find the best spot on the A2000 PCB to solder a second wire for ground return, that you then can connect to a ground pin on the same 6pin connector where you attached your first wire to.

But, if you solved it by puling SATA power, all is good :) (though SATA is typically not rated for such high power drawrs but since its all the same 12V rail in the PSU it shouldn't matter.)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
GND "flows" through the whole chassis of your PC (unless its made from plastic) that's why you don't necessarily need an additional GND wire. If you require additional GND, you can use e.g. one of the PCB holes that have the mounting bracket attached and add a wire there (or any other hole with copper around it).

1725343492543.png

SFFMunkee

Buy first, justify later?
Gold Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
GND "flows" through the whole chassis of your PC (unless its made from plastic) that's why you don't necessarily need an additional GND wire. If you require additional GND, you can use e.g. one of the PCB holes that have the mounting bracket attached and add a wire there (or any other hole with copper around it).

View attachment 3477
Plus the PCIe slot itself provides a tonne of additional GND pins IIRC