RTX A2000-X3 | a cool&quiet tripple fan mod for the A2000

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Wouldn't this mean someone with the right skills could make a custom BIOS with power limit removed, negating the need for a shunt mod?

Reactions: BaK

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Wouldn't this mean someone with the right skills could make a custom BIOS with power limit removed, negating the need for a shunt mod?
"The shunt is just a low value resistor. The VRM controller considers this a fixed value, so by knowing the voltage drop across the shunt, it can calculate the current demand.
When you drop the resistance of the shunt, the VRM controller thinks you are pulling less current.
"

Would the custom BIOS let us directly change the current limit value of the VRM controller?
Or will the VRM controller still check 'electrically / physically' how much current is pulled and react accordingly?

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
Well, to be completely fair my curve was set to 1590MHz so...

Great results with RTX A2000, congratulations!
Also paying a bit attention to my RTX A2000:
1. Used @REVOCCASES drawings for backplate and memory shim. Thank you very much!
2. Setup custom fan curve with Fan control and received zero prm mode
3. Then followed your guide to OC GPU
But still getting lower results than you, am I doing something wrong? Thank you for help in advance.
P.S.: don't plan to do shunt mod.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Great results with RTX A2000, congratulations!
Also paying a bit attention to my RTX A2000:
1. Used @REVOCCASES drawings for backplate and memory shim. Thank you very much!
2. Setup custom fan curve with Fan control and received zero prm mode
3. Then followed your guide to OC GPU
But still getting lower results than you, am I doing something wrong? Thank you for help in advance.
P.S.: don't plan to do shunt mod.
My GPU is shuntmodded on front and rear shunt resistor :)

Reactions: GEMCASES

slybunda

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 3, 2023

GEMCASES

Average Stuffer
GEMCASES
Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2023
Hello, i have also modded my RTX A2000 with triple fan mod inspired by @REVOCCASES and @robbee. With slight difference in heatsink and construction. Posting the result and pictures. Now finally quiet A2000 at light PC use and light noise while full load.
Used heatsink and fans:

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Hello, i have also modded my RTX A2000 with triple fan mod inspired by @REVOCCASES and @robbee. With slight difference in heatsink and construction. Posting the result and pictures. Now finally quiet A2000 at light PC use and light noise while full load.
Used heatsink and fans:

Looks great!