Stalled Project Stealth - 5.7L, custom 400W PSU, 270mm GPU

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This seems quite close to the skyreach 4(in concept) except with a full(reference size) GPU.

I know this is quite early, but any idea on pricing? +/- $30ish

$170-200 shipped likely.

Very similar to size/form factor as Skyreach. Layout is much different, GPU on opposite side, facing up, and support for reference sized GPUs and custom PSUs.

It'll have to align my power projects as well.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
After project Pure I am working on my next case to address some of the needs/wants of the community in builds. The layout has the gpu and cpu fans on the same side. The goal of this case is reliably power a 400W of components in the smallest size possible.

CPU Cooler: 40mm, Noctua NH-L9i
GPU: 270mm, 2.1 slot max, 120mm height (close to reference spec)
PSU: 86mm x 160mm x 52mm area for PSU. C6 power entry. Meanwell RPS, HDPLEX 400 fits out of the box. Designed for plugin units.

material: 1.5mm aluminum, powder coated

Renders of the back, please.

calvinpp

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2017
I think this will be a really popular case, hoping you’ll sort out the international shipping on your shop

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
This is exactly the layout I wanted to make. Might just buy it from you instead, this is awesome.

Reactions: br3nd0

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
It will likely take 6 months to first batch. It depends on how busy I am this spring. It also depends on how well the Distro 400 is received.

Glad the concept is well received. I'm on a work trip so I will not be able to work on it for a few weeks.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So, looks like I am able to go forward with this project. Finalizing the cad and design spec in the next few weeks.

There is room to mount 40 or 50mm fans to aid exhaust.

The question is which to support? The only good quality ones are Noctua 40mm, and the 50mm can be a hit or miss as there are no quality choices.

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
So, looks like I am able to go forward with this project. Finalizing the cad and design spec in the next few weeks.

The question is which to support? The only good quality ones are Noctua 40mm, and the 50mm can be a hit or miss as there are no quality choices.
I think you answered your own question there, might as well go 40 so you can use Noctua

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

What CAD program do you use?