Post Your Rig/ Setup

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Here's my current rig as it stands.

Previously water cooled which was a challenge in itself (both CPU and GPU, one 120mm and 240mm rad, temps weren't so great), but back to air cooling at least for now.

The hard drive is outside because a few weeks ago I had a scare with a SMART error being reported by the BIOS and not being able to write or read quickly. It was making louder clicking noises when it did that. I removed it from the vertical mount bracket and have it sitting horizontally now. Eventually it did not detect SMART errors and I could properly boot to Windows again, but not taking any chances with vertically mounting that drive again. I'll be using a 2.5" drive soon, anyways.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ahhhhh the dread of the noise of a failing mechanical hard drive.

How's the air cooling performing in regards to the watercooling ?

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Aww, too bad you moved back to air, that loop was really intriguing, even if it contained a lot of compromises. I'd be interested in the thermal performance differences as well.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Ahhhhh the dread of the noise of a failing mechanical hard drive.

How's the air cooling performing in regards to the watercooling ?

Aww, too bad you moved back to air, that loop was really intriguing, even if it contained a lot of compromises. I'd be interested in the thermal performance differences as well.

I don't remember the exact temperatures water cooled but I do remember them being kind of disappointing. There was 3x120mm worth of radiators crammed in that case. The biggest deterrent to better temperatures was the side vent holes were pretty small for the case, as it wasn't designed for water cooling. There was very little space in between the front fans to pull air from those tiny vents. I didn't want to cut large holes in the front of the case, either, but it would have helped lots for cooling if I did.

Reactions: dealda

mukul.k

Caliper Novice
May 11, 2016
My Ncase M1 v4:

Specs:
Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D9L
GPU: Asus GTX-970 DirectCU Mini
RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury DDR3 (not pictured)
PSU: Silverstone 450w SFX
PSU Cables: Ensourced.Net sleeved direct replacement cables
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb
Case Fans: 1 x Noctua NF-A9x14 and 2 Noctua NF-S12A

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
My Ncase M1 v4:

Specs:
Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D9L
GPU: Asus GTX-970 DirectCU Mini
RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury DDR3 (not pictured)
PSU: Silverstone 450w SFX
PSU Cables: Ensourced.Net sleeved direct replacement cables
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb
Case Fans: 1 x Noctua NF-A9x14 and 2 Noctua NF-S12A
The cables look so tough lol maybe it's just the picture but they look rugged, I kinda like it!

Reactions: Ceros_X and mukul.k

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Posting my rig so I don't feel left out of the thread :p

Specs:
CPU: i5-4690k
GPU: 2x AMD R9 Nano
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 mATX
Storage: 128GB Samsung 850 Pro
RAM: Avexxir 2x4GB 1866MHz DDR3 (White LED)
Case: EVGA Hadron Hydro mITX
Cooling: Various EK, Alphacool, and Magicool components.

onlyabloke

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2016
pcpartpicker.com
Don't really have a setup now, seeing as I'm just using the Macbook and the coffee table in my living room. So here's my last one!

This was my setup when I lived in Japan. Small desk, but it did what I needed it to and was easy to keep clean and organized. I'm still using the Macbook, the Apple mouse, as well as the Apple router. The HD is in the house somewhere. I do miss this desk though, it was pretty awesome! Got a lot of good work done there.

Also, quit smoking earlier this year but Japan had a lot of GREAT cigarettes.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Too busy with customers computers to work on my own. Got three customs in the office right now and a couple S4 builds.

That looks amazing, would like to see more of that. Looks like something that would be featured in a LAN event or trade show.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
That looks amazing, would like to see more of that. Looks like something that would be featured in a LAN event or trade show.

Thank you!

If you are curious, here is the temp album for AURIEL - 2016 until I can do a real photo shoot. Might not happen though as I need to deliver it and I am busy.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016

Current setup. If you're wondering why the screen on the left is dimmer, it's because the backlight is going. :(

Reactions: Phuncz

yodav

What's an ITX?
Sep 1, 2016
Little update...

Swapped out the Silverstoe 450w PSU for a 600w and swapped out the Asus GTX 970 Mini for a Nvidia 1080 FE:

I broke a few cable combs in the process so I am waiting on some metal ones to arrive!

No fans needed at the bottom of the case anymore? Can you post a few more pics? I'll be referring to your build for my upcoming 'first ever' pc build.