ULTIMATE MITX CHAMPIONSHIPS - Vote for your favorite build!!!

Who has the best build?

• Daeun with her Corsair 250d

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Hey guys! As I posted previously, I am hosting a sff build contest on Instagram and my blog! The guys here at smallformfactor.net were nice enough to let me post the contest here as a thread for you guys to view and vote!

I'd like to note that although they were nice enough to let me post the contest on here, this contest is in no way sponsored, supported or related to Small Form Factor Network!

Anyways, without further ado!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome small form factor enthusiasts!

Here are your 4 contestants for the first round of the UMC! Take a good look at them here and also check them out on my Instagram page @mitxlove for the chance to vote an additional time!

Voting is open until Friday Feb.5th! Winner is announced the next day!

You can vote on here, or on Instagram!

When voting make sure to try to take everything into account: description, specs, and pics are some examples of things to look for aside from the aesthetics of the general build! Thanks for participating!

List of Contestants:

1.Daeun and her Corsair 250d

2.Giovanni and his Ncase M1 V2

3.Matt and his Corsair 380t

4.Neng and his Silverstone ML05

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Daeun and her Corsair 250d

Description:

"Hello mitxlove and everyone! I built this PC last year with the help of my amazing boyfriend Jon (@jtrias21) as an upgrade to my late 2006 MacBook White Core 2 Duo. I chose the red color theme and wanted it to be really pretty and small, so we ultimately went with an ITX build inside the Corsair 250D case, with a red/black/silver color scheme using Asus and Corsair for most of the parts for aesthetics and brand reliability. The purpose of this PC is mainly gaming on a 1080P monitor and light video editing because I love photography and use Adobe CC Lightroom & Photoshop as my editing programs. At first I thought it would be hard to build a computer but my assumptions were proven wrong, it was actually really fun! "

Specs:

i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz
ASUS Maximus Impact VI Z87 motherboard
ASUS GTX 980 STRIX
Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2x4GB) 1866 MHz
Corsair H100i + Corsair SP120 PWM Quiet Edition fans on the rad for exhaust
Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition White LED front intake fan
SeaSonic X-650 Gold KM3 power supply
Samsung 840 EVO 256GB SSD
WD Blue 500GB HDD
BitFenix Alchemy Red sleeved cable extensions
BitFenix Alchemy White LED strips

Pics:

2.Giovanni and his Ncase M1 V2

Description:

"This is my main and only rig, so I use it for everything including LANs like Quakecon. Having gotten my setup so small enabled me to keep it in a bag that went on the plane as a carryon, and fit underseat which meant no gate checking! :)"

Specs:

Ncase M1 v2.0
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
i5 3570K @ 4.1Ghz
Cryorig C7
Asus Reference GTX 980
16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactial Tracer O/B
EKWB Monarch Heatspreaders on the RAM for looks
Silverstone SX500-LG
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Pics:

3.Matt and his Corsair 380t

Description:

"As you know this is both ITX and mATX. It started as ITX and was converted to mATX to hold more powerful hardware. I spent about 50 total hours designing, fabricating, and painting the chassis to become near OEM quality. "

Specs:

Intel i7 5930k
EVGA X99 Micro 2
Cryorig C1
16gb Corsair LPX DDR4 2666mhz
EVGA GTX Titan X
Custom sleeved EVGA 100uuo0w P2
380T converted to mATX
PNY 960gb CS2111

Pics:

4.Neng and his Silverstone ML05

Description:

"Custom window on Silverstone ML05 case showcasing the GTX 980 GPU. Packs a punch too, housing Asus Impact MOBO, i7 4790 processor, 600w SFX PSU, 8GB Avexir memory, and 2 SSDs. Wrapped in winter camo and ready for battle."

Specs:

Intel i7 4790 cpu
Asus Impact mobo
Cooler Master M4 slim cooler with upgraded Noctua 120mm fan
Avirex 8GB ram
GTX 980 gpu
Samsung 850 500GB
Crucial MX500 500GB
600w SFX PSU

Pics:

Vote for your favorite build in the poll! Don't forget to check out the contest and vote on instagram @mitxlove

thanks for participating guys!

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know that the winner for the contest was Matt and hos Corsair 380t!

Just wanted to thank those of you who participated whether by voting on here or on the other two platforms!

I'd also like to extend an invite to you guys to submit your build for the next contest which will be in about a month or so!

Questions?

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
First of all congrats Matt! I can appreciate the time effort and detail put into your build.
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know that the winner for the contest was Matt and hos Corsair 380t!
Questions?
Yeah, How does the biggest case win a competition dedicated to small cases? I understand it is based on votes not judges, but the name of the contest is "Ultimate MITX Championships!" And the winner is an MATX system. Am I missing something?

I would have thought Neng and his custom Silverstone ML05 would have won even though you can't account for voting. But I never would have chosen the MATX system. Not for execution, it is well executed. But SIZE and execution. I feel Neng has the same level of execution in the required size.

Mal

Reactions: Tek Everything

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
First of all congrats Matt! I can appreciate the time effort and detail put into your build.

Yeah, How does the biggest case win a competition dedicated to small cases? I understand it is based on votes not judges, but the name of the contest is "Ultimate MITX Championships!" And the winner is an MATX system. Am I missing something?

I would have thought Neng and his custom Silverstone ML05 would have won even though you can't account for voting. But I never would have chosen the MATX system. Not for execution, it is well executed. But SIZE and execution. I feel Neng has the same level of execution in the required size.

Mal

I suppose the best answer to this is that I may not have given the contest the greatest name lol although the title says mitx championships I clearly state in the rules that matx systems are allowed. Size is not a factor in this contest to an extent. In the rules I state that a case must be mitx or matx as intended and advertised by the brand/manufacturer. So anything mitx or matx is allowed to compete regardless of size, because although matx is generally quite larger than mitx, I'm sure we can all agree it's still considered small-form-factor. I think the NZXT Manta is a good example of the rules: that thing is huge, probably about the same size as many matx systems, but it is still allowed in the contest despite its big size because technically it is an mitx small form factor case.

I hope this answers your question appropriately, and if it's any consolation I have considered changing the contest name to USSFC as opposed to UMC lol but at this point most people have accepted the current name so I'm weary about changing it.

The 2nd contest actually starts this Friday if you guys would like to check it out! I believe the participants include 3 mitx systems and an matx (corsair air 240)

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
The MANTA is an abomination. Beautifully crafted but poorly categorized. It is like a set of cheater slicks in racing. They are technically legal but they aren't.

You can keep UMC just maybe make it mean "Ultimate MODDING Championship" as opposed to MITX.

So I did miss something. I was unaware MATX was allowed to play according to the rules.

I do hope your contest grows in quality of participants and viewers.

Mal

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Are we sure that last one is an ML05? It looks like an ML07.....I have an ML05 and I don't think that video card could fit in there no matter how much I modded it.....

Also about the Manta:
NZXT Manta Dimensions: 245w x 450d x 426h (47.0L)
Fractal-Design Nano S : 203w x 400d x 330h (26.8L)
Phanteks P400 Dimensions: 210w x 470d x 465h (45.9L)

Sadly, the Manta isn't the biggest ITX case. The Thermaltake Core X1 is even bigger at 56.2L :(
I think a case like the Manta and also the Corsair Graphite 380T are hard to measure volume because they aren't boxy, so I am not sure the 47L is accurate as it's not 245mm wide at all points.