Enclosure 9L Acrylic PC Case

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
Hello fellow Cable-Tie Ninjas. After successfully designing and building my own acrylic case, I've been looking for other challenges to continue building my CAD skills. I ran across this thread a couple months ago and noticed several people were interested in the case designs. Sadly it looks like the OP abandoned the site shortly after posting. I've recreated the design to some extent and made several adjustments that I thought could be useful. I uploaded everything to grabcad for free downloading. I nested the 7 panels onto two DXF files (included) that can be uploaded to the laser cutting site of your choice for a quick price quote. Ponoko total is about 70bucks shipped for both DXF sheets.

Download here.

Some notes about the case:
  • Dimensions are 312x136x210mm
  • This is setup as a DIY project. I did this for fun. I will not be offering support, assistance, or guarantees with this model.
  • Whole case designed to use 3mm acrylic panels designed to interlock (very tightly) together. No glue required.
  • You will need to engineer your own GPU mount. All GPUs have different hole arrangements on the back of the PCBs, so you will need to mark and drill these holes into the spine yourself if you want to mount it via standoffs (highly recommended).
  • With 6mm standoffs on the pcbs, max cooler height is 65mm, and a 2-slot wide graphics card.
  • You will need a 200mm pci riser and a right angle power cord.
  • Supports ITX mobo, 2x SSDs, SFF PSU, 1x optional slim 120mm fan mounted to the bottom (20mm total clearance underneath), and 300mm length GPU.
  • Original designer used corner cubes to fasten panels together. I used an interlocking system instead, but a non-interlocking version is included in the .step file if you want to design one to use corner cubes.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaK

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I uploaded everything to grabcad for free downloading.
Great job, thanx a bunch for sharing!

Original designer used corner cubes to fasten panels together. I used an interlocking system instead
I have a small APU case from Aliexpress with that king of interlocking system, works fine!

I've been looking for other challenges to continue building my CAD skills.
CAD only? You are not going to bring the case to life then?

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
Great job, thanx a bunch for sharing!

I have a small APU case from Aliexpress with that king of interlocking system, works fine!

CAD only? You are not going to bring the case to life then?
Hey thanks! No plans to build it. I'm 100% happy with the little guy I got right now 😁