Ram - Corsair Vengeance LP black 8gb
Cooling - Noctua NH-L12 (92mm fan only)
SSD - Crucial BX100 250GB
PSU - HDPLEX 160W
Power brick - HP 180W 19V 9.5A

mcbirds

Efficiency Noob
Jun 6, 2016
Case might be 12.6L but it feels like it weighs 50lbs now.

Case – NCASE M1 v5
Mobo - ASUS Z97I-PLUS
CPU – i7 4790k @ 4.6
GPU – EVGA 1080 SC
Ram – 2 x 8GB Crucial LP
Cooling – EK Coolstream 240 PE w/ 2 Corsair ML Pro 120 fans and EK Coolsteam 240 SE w/ 2 Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 fans
SSD – Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
PSU – Corsair SF600

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice ! Man cave FTW ! Think about getting some nice background lighting behind your screens, it helps with fatigue and eye discomfort. I use Ikea LED strips behind my monitor, it really helped me. Some warm white will make it feel more enjoyable in my experience, the newer Ikea sets have a more enjoyable white.

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Nice ! Man cave FTW ! Think about getting some nice background lighting behind your screens, it helps with fatigue and eye discomfort. I use Ikea LED strips behind my monitor, it really helped me. Some warm white will make it feel more enjoyable in my experience, the newer Ikea sets have a more enjoyable white.
I will check into those. Currently I leave a light on across the room so some strategic ambient lighting would be an improvement for sure. And stylish of course. Thanks for the tip. Some really great posts in this thread everyone!

onlyabloke

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2016
pcpartpicker.com
Wooo, reviving an old thread!

This is my setup as of right now (took the photo just for this thread).

My Mac Mini that I'm currently operating is mounted under the desk with 3M tape. Also mounted under the desk is the router/extender. Cable management is decent but Im never quite satisfied.

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
Few years old now, cabinet work and chair the same, just the IT stuff changed..............\instead of that Antec Solo Mk1 case, now there are 3 x ITX cases under there...........Plus NAS.
I had some oak left over from jobs and just went to town making cabinets to suit what I wanted that would still look OK in the main room.
Made it in kit form in the workshop and just fitted it together in the house, so no drilling and sawing needed!.All those top cabinets and not one fixing to the wall! Designed to be that way.......

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Didn’t see this post here when I made a new one few days ago. So I’ll go ahead and post this (link isn’t working so I’m gonna try again in a few )
It’s still a huge WIP so bare with me. Monitor mount should be here sometime in the next few days as well as some longer led strips then it’ll probably be onto finding a good wireless keyboard I can be happy with and trying to find a mouse like that is gonna break my heart because I love my rival 300 :(

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
The link is broken for me :(