Concept OriginPC Chronos like aluminum extrusion Frame Case

Combatistor

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Mar 7, 2019

Hi everybody, I'm very interested in recreating a case like the OriginPC Chronos SFF case.
I like the internal layout of the components.

I would like to create a similar case myself using aluminum profiles as it is easy to find and easy to create things around (mountings and stuff)

I already created a design using Solidworks, it is my first time designing a case and I think I may have missed some important things. I still don't know how I will make the panels (3D printer, aluminium, Acrylic)

I already populated the assembly to have some Ideas about the dimensions.
My goal is to be able to fit a sfx power supply, standard reference graphics card and itx mobo. The front panel connectors are not decided, but most probably usb 3.0 ports and power button.

What do you think about this concept? Do you have some ideas to improve the concept?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bjornyyy

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017
Nice looking concept. What are the dimensions of this case? It also seems like there is a bit of wasted space under the motherboard.

Last edited:

Combatistor

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Mar 7, 2019
The case is externally: length=330mm, height=304mm, depth=114mm, this may change according to the width of the panels.
The extrusions I used in the design are 20 by 20mm
The space under the motherboard could be used to mount a hard drive, I dont really care about this wasted space as I like the global layout.

I think the airflow would be optimal and it means you can also rest the case horizontally or vertically.

illuminerdi

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 8, 2019
Image links are broken for me, you might want to check them or move them to someplace more accessible like Imgur, etc.