Concept OpenCase - Modular, Open Source, Mini-ITX Case

Warmaster

Case Bender
Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
I'm designing an open source mini itx case, and I need your help to accomplish this major goal.

This is in an alpha state, but I always wanted to start the project with the help of the community so it becomes the product of the people. This project can be used for commercial purposes, anyone can make and sell this case. Anyone can modify the design. In return, you just have to contribute the changes back to the project, and mention the project page.

In the project page I state the project's goals, and size variants. Here on the forum, I wanted to extend an invitation to collaborate and design a case together that is affordable, easily built with off-the-shelf materials.

Let's make a FREE case design that fits everyone's needs throughout modularity and customizations !

http://www.github.com/berserkwarwolf/opencase

Warmaster

Case Bender
Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
Just a quick update, I learned some Fusion 360 and started making the first tests.

Progress is coming nicely, although I wish I would have more time. This is why I invite the community to participate, when manage to squeeze a few minutes I'l post the step files.

Meanwhile whoever wants to contribute just ask for an invite link to join the A360 project and collaborate through Fusion 360.

A pic before I make a proper update:

Reactions: br3nd0

baraja4

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 10, 2018
I'm designing an open source mini itx case, and I need your help to accomplish a major goal. Right now, I need your help with a standards compliant GPU vector illustration in order to design the support brackets that hold it to the case. Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited:

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I'm designing an open source mini itx case, and I need your help to accomplish this major goal.

This is in an alpha state, but I always wanted to start the project with the help of the community so it becomes the product of the people. This project can be used for commercial purposes, anyone can make and sell this case. Anyone can modify the design. In return, you just have to contribute the changes back to the project, and mention the project page.

In the project page I state the project's goals, and size variants. Here on the forum, I wanted to extend an invitation to collaborate and design a case together that is affordable, easily built with off-the-shelf materials.

Let's make a FREE case design that fits everyone's needs throughout modularity and customizations !

http://www.github.com/berserkwarwolf/opencase
Will it be made out of plastic or metal? Looking forward to seeing how you support the structure (might be cool engineering!)

crocoyes4

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 29, 2020
What exactly are you sharing with us? Is it technical drawings? Can you cnc/ 3d print the parts? I really dig the idea tho, keep it up!! edit: Sorry had a closer look, it does seem like technical drawings

nater.2003

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2020
What exactly are you sharing with us? Is it technical drawings? Can you cnc/ 3d print the parts? I really dig the idea tho, keep it up!! edit: Sorry had a closer look, it does seem like technical drawings

This thread hadn't been updated in nearly two years, I'm assuming the project is dead.

elwishfour

Case Bender
New User
Dec 1, 2020
I'm designing an open source mini itx case, and I need your help to accomplish a major goal.

Right now, I need your help with a standards compliant GPU vector illustration in order to design the support brackets that hold it to the case.

This is in an alpha state, but I always wanted to start the project with the help of the community so it becomes the product of the people. This project can be used for commercial purposes, you can make and sell this case. You can modify it. Just contribute back, help the others make the best case possible.

elwishfour

Case Bender
New User
Dec 1, 2020
I am not afraid to share, I think this is the best way for the SFFPC community to grow, by providing a great starting point for newcomers who will bring new ideas and Innovation to the scene. As well as providing an opportunity for handy people to earn a buck or two making these cases.

Mod edit: Please do not put suspicious/advertisy links in your posts.

Last edited by a moderator: