Production Observer Slim

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
35
80
Beautiful pictures but where in the world is our in depth showcase??? This should have had loads of pictures at all angles so we could gawk at every one. And did you do the paint job or did the customer do that himself?

I was not at the exhibition, these are the only photos I found. The painting was done by the guys from EvoPC (Moscow pc shop), as I already wrote.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Biowarejak

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 13, 2016
238
762
I was not at the exhibition, these are the only photos I found. The painting was done by the guys from EvoPC (Moscow pc shop), as I already wrote.

I didn't read this thread lately, but I understand you solved the problems and errors from August's prototype. That's great :) What changes did you make since that time? I'm asking, because in your last "customer's" photos there is still that old prototype and you wrote that you are already at the stage of paint job. Could you show us some images from the most current version?
 

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
35
80
I didn't read this thread lately, but I understand you solved the problems and errors from August's prototype. That's great :) What changes did you make since that time? I'm asking, because in your last "customer's" photos there is still that old prototype and you wrote that you are already at the stage of paint job. Could you show us some images from the most current version?

It seems that I confused everyone.
At the "IgroMir" expo, the prototype version was shown. (repainted by EvoPC (they just buy one))

Photos from the client latest version, about all the changes I wrote here:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/observer-slim.3032/page-2#post-64217
and there is photo:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/observer-slim.3032/page-2#post-64210

So new version - new problems, I'm still thinking about the hdd\ssd position
 
  • Like
Reactions: Biowarejak

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 13, 2016
238
762
It seems that I confused everyone.
At the "IgroMir" expo, the prototype version was shown. (repainted by EvoPC (they just buy one))

Photos from the client latest version, about all the changes I wrote here:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/observer-slim.3032/page-2#post-64217
and there is photo:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/observer-slim.3032/page-2#post-64210

So new version - new problems, I'm still thinking about the hdd\ssd position

Oh... thanks for explanation. Did you at least leave yourself another prototype for making some benchmarks?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Biowarejak

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
35
80
guys from EvoPC made some photos of repainted prototype:

B8Xvi8DTplA.jpg


HnpUDytscfM.jpg


eq_hSMXaMJY.jpg


7o4xTOtFKvA.jpg


H_cc-0wuqno.jpg


Config:
Intel Core i7-7700K
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I GAMING
Noctua NH-L9I
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
32 гб Team Group
SSD Kingston HyperX Predator 960 GB
 

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
103
62
guys from EvoPC made some photos of repainted prototype:

B8Xvi8DTplA.jpg


HnpUDytscfM.jpg


eq_hSMXaMJY.jpg


7o4xTOtFKvA.jpg


H_cc-0wuqno.jpg


Config:
Intel Core i7-7700K
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I GAMING
Noctua NH-L9I
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
32 гб Team Group
SSD Kingston HyperX Predator 960 GB
I still prefer the old one
 

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
35
80
i have some idea about HDD\SSD, but its only for use with FE or short video card:
SRg3ed856a8.jpg


v5AW8Y29DOI.jpg


gfIAVTAgkB8.jpg


I think is good with black color case.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Biowarejak

Sandez

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
18
6
What's the max length GPU that could fit in this case? I'm certain the width and height are covered, just curious about the length. Also, any indication when this might be available?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Biowarejak

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
35
80
Hi guys! Project still alive but i have much problems with manufacturing.
But i have some news.

Thats a new bracket for SSD\HDD drives. You can also install two fans. One for cooling the GPU area, one for example instead of a small standard CPU fan.
I also added a vent opposite the rear side of the power supply, you can install two sides, and move button for support SFX-L PSU.

j_9IGGDTQBo.jpg

Gx5npw2PZpw.jpg


NsTE9Oc2sxc.jpg

-JlWLH6via4.jpg

-Ypdbw1TZVc.jpg

vO7lZ_oWLzg.jpg

JKtwWGj6DB4.jpg

hEgY1rqxDUc.jpg
 

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
128
116
Looking nice and sleek!

Are three screws enough stability for the HDD/SSD? Considering it's going to be put upright as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Biowarejak

vaiz

Case Bender
Nov 28, 2017
2
4
Finally I completed my build. Thanks kviker for case :)

ASUS STRIX B350-I GAMING
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
SilverStone SST-SX700-LPT SFX-L 700 Watt

2 x ADATA XPG Flame Schwarz 16GB DDR4 PC3000 CL16
Inno3D GeForce GTX1080TI Jet-Fan 11GB
WD Blue WDS100T1B0B M.2 2280 SATA3 1TB

P1010928.jpg

P1010934.jpg

P1010935.jpg

P1010937.jpg

P1010940.jpg

P1010941.jpg

P1010948.jpg
 

vaiz

Case Bender
Nov 28, 2017
2
4
Nicely done. I do admit that this case looks great. How would you rate the quality of the build?

I had some problems with motherboard installation, not much space for screwdriver.
Default SilverStone cables not flexible, video card install had me worried (cable is sandwiched between case & gpu). CPU cable too short. I think to replace them.
Also I replaced some screws. Not so pretty, but more convenient for me.
 

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
35
80
Hi guys, im sorry for inactive here.
Have some photos for publish.

XXqAJvr38g0.jpg

J5EXIWQCiwE.jpg


BEDQTU4Uyco.jpg


qa8xa6Wd7sA.jpg


3aJNUFSImgM.jpg


xiCjbzfAcB0.jpg

DvhplbjMqfU.jpg


MOKzjHA7low.jpg


d-yw8shCCiM.jpg


bsMi1XWiVn0.jpg


mZ8SnxXlvtM.jpg

a-ODYMJML9M.jpg


cs7Xjqp1Qcw.jpg


5nV8abDG_Hs.jpg


vqPdHEc1Cac.jpg

And above you can see blue.

In production now there are two unoccupied cases for a standard size graphics card. They will be ready within 1 month, so if anyone wants to let me know.