Production Observer Slim

kviker

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 30, 2017

Hi guys, im new here. Im from Russia, thats our slim case. I take some ideas from Sentry/NFC S4 and tried to make the design easier.

Specification:
- Volume: 340 x 320 x 74 mm (without leg)
- Material: 1.5 mm steel, 2 mm for leg
- CPU Cooler: up to 50 mm
- GPU length: 300+ mm (standart size or reference)
- Storage: 2 HDD/SSD 2,5"
- PSU: SFX
- Paint: powder coated

Last edited:

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Looks great! Definitely has Sentry vibe on it, perhaps borderline too similar.

I'd like to ask for some more specs:
- Weight of steel case?
- GPU width and height?
- SFX-L compatibility?
- Is that an LED switch?
- Any color options?

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Well, I like the case and design, but I'll be damned if this doesn't seem too similar to the Sentry, especially in the feet. I'd really like to see a full build in it to get a sense of how it will all fit and look. Good luck with your revisions too.

Reactions: cmyk78

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
As far as the sentry comparison goes, I can see the resemblance. However that extra CPU cooler space looks really nice, a shorter overall height with legs included, and a major plus if it comes in an aluminum body. I wouldnt say its fair to call it out too harshly. I think the problem is that there are so few of these slim style towers like compared to atx where we dont think twice about the same size and style boxes.

Reactions: Soul_Est

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Hey it does look a lot like the Sentry but at least he's not hiding that fact of using that as inspiration. Plus having an aluminum option would be great for many people that prefer that material. Wonder how the heat transfer would be like in a Steam Machine style case made of that metal.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
If you could just make the feet a bit more Jalokia than Sentry, you'd be golden. I'm not sure if the vent patterns are too similar? Would you consider windows?

I'd also look at using aluminum and having mounting points for the HDPlex ac-dc units. :) that would probably be a good differentiation

-Edit-

I actually really love the look of this and personally appreciate the use of so many fasteners. Makes mods so much easier.

Another thing to consider is the button location, because that's a bit central to the aesthetic to the sentry and it would suck to find out later on that you can't sell in a geographical region due to copyright issues.

Last edited:

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
Agree with the above about power button position.. In combination with the feet, this is what makes the resemblance to Sentry too obvious.. I think it'd look cool with the power button at one end, and perhaps off to the side a bit... (?)

Reactions: Biowarejak

kviker

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 30, 2017
Thank for your comments!
Hey

When do you expect the case to be available for purchase?

Greetings Valentin

i working on this, cant say any dates, but i hope soon.

Will you have multiple color options and if so are you powder coating or paint?

yes, and it is powder coating

Looks great! Definitely has Sentry vibe on it, perhaps borderline too similar.

I'd like to ask for some more specs:
- Weight of steel case?
- GPU width and height?
- SFX-L compatibility?
- Is that an LED switch?
- Any color options?

- ~5 kg
- Below I'll write about it
- This is possible if you move the button switch below.
- No, but I think it's possible, we can use switch with LED
- Yes, ofc white and black, and i think about any colors (blue? red? greed?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

About GPU: You can install a standard graphics card, and you can also install an oversized GPU, like my 960 strix (121 mm width) in the picture using low profile custom power connector. (I just cut off the top of the connector)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some idea about leg (sorry for bad photo, is just a concept):

but...
In the topic above mentioned the project Jalokia, I googled it and saw that such an idea has already been realized.
Well, If something has occurred to you, someone has already done it sometime

I use google translator, because my english is not well, hope it works fine.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Sometimes it works well, if not you will probably want to consider a different ventilation pattern for the clear panels. :)

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I really like the lowest one, but even the one that is slightly off center is great.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I like the lowest one as well. But I wonder what that will limit GPU sizes to? If it knocks out the bigger reference cards I'd think I'd just keep it centered.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Aside: Does anyone have trouble seeing the pictures in the desktop version of this website? I can see them fine browsing the forums in my mobile phone, but on the desktop all I see is the text "[IMG ]"

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Aside: Does anyone have trouble seeing the pictures in the desktop version of this website? I can see them fine browsing the forums in my mobile phone, but on the desktop all I see are "
Been having issues with embedded media on my desktop also, been troubleshooting all day, seems to be related to various sites timing out (thankfully not the forum though :) )