News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
Amazon is selling the MSI GTX 1650 LP for $160 with free shipping. Unfortunately, the MSI model only includes DVI and HDMI inputs and does not include a Displayport input. However, the price is reasonable and I've always appreciated free shipping and Amazon's quality return policy. I look forward to the Nvidia 7nm transition and what that will mean for performance at 75W!

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
For those looking for yet another option, it looks like they'll be offering the Gigabyte 1650 LP card (for ~$165USD) as well.

The MSI looks to be in stock @ NewEgg (for $170USD), while the Zotac is out of stock (again).

EDIT: For those looking for ball-park figures on shipping, it looks like the Aussie site costs ~$27USD to ship a card to Dallas.

Last edited:

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I've had a talk with Comrade through Tweakers.net I'm concerned about the noise level when idle. Now I've heard the Asus card is good, and the zotac and MSI are noise buggers. What about the Gigabyte? Any ideas? It's not really specified on the website. https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1650OC-4GL#kf

I think you might be surprised; if all you are worried about is noise level when idle, I have found that the Zotac card is fine. The ambient noise level in my computer room is at least as high as the card's fans put out at 40% speed.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've had a talk with Comrade through Tweakers.net I'm concerned about the noise level when idle. Now I've heard the Asus card is good, and the zotac and MSI are noise buggers. What about the Gigabyte? Any ideas? It's not really specified on the website. https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1650OC-4GL#kf
My Gigabyte 1050ti wasn't great - it's like all the other (non-ASUS) low profile cards - minimum 40% fan speed regardless of temperature/load.

jhuylebroeck

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2019
OK, so what you're saying is: if you want passive cooling (zero noise) in low workload, Asus is the only way to go right?

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
OK, so what you're saying is: if you want passive cooling (zero noise) in low workload, Asus is the only way to go right?

I believe you have it right, and to be honest if time & money were on my side, I would have chosen the Asus for myself - though I can't say that buying the Zotac is a regret by any means.

Ganjor86

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2017
Hi. I think about gtx 1650 for my optiplex 7010 sff, now I use msi 1050ti. Is asus will be the beest becouse low noise level ? I can't find eanythink about gigabyte gtx 1650 lp. Asus is beter than msi ? Gigabyte is worst than msi and asus becouse is cheap ? I use my pc only for gaming so zero spin in asus is not important for me.

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
Hi. I think about gtx 1650 for my optiplex 7010 sff, now I use msi 1050ti. Is asus will be the beest becouse low noise level ? I can't find eanythink about gigabyte gtx 1650 lp. Asus is beter than msi ? Gigabyte is worst than msi and asus becouse is cheap ? I use my pc only for gaming so zero spin in asus is not important for me.

I wouldn't knock Gigabyte's stuff since I've used them in the past without any issues, and at the moment they're still a bit pricey @ $180+ (Amazon link here). I like MSI's stuff, and this is my first Zotac, but aside from the minimum fan speed of the Asus, I believe it all comes down to personal brand preference. Though the Asus would be my personal preference because of the idle fan speed reduction, I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the available brand offerings, but instead either try to brand match it to my MoBo, or try to find who's offering the best price. That's my 2¢ anyway. Cotton

Reactions: Copernicus

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Some UK based places where you can get the ASUS 1650 LP:

Quzo (I got it from here)

Ballicom

LambdaTek

Kikatek

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I'm redesigning my project just to fit that asus card. Been hearing only bad things about that zotac one.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I'm redesigning my project just to fit that asus card. Been hearing only bad things about that zotac one.

I've been using the Zotac almost a month now, fairly intensively. No problems to report here. I don't find the noise level significant at 80% fan speed. (The card has yet to require more than 80% to stay cool.)

I doubt any of these cards are going to be whisper-quiet when they need to shed heat, though...

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Yeah I believe you, I prob shouldn't say that lest someone took it by heart. In the case of my project, more options the better (if it can fit asus the it can fit zotac). I've had good experiences with both asus and zotac, but if they come at similar price point I veer towards asus.

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
BLT (https://www.shopblt.com/) finally shipped my Zotac GTX 1650 LP today (12/02/2019). I ordered it in August (8/21/19 ). Total with S&H came to $153.78 which seems pretty good compared to the prices listed already. I was considering passing on the wait order to next of kin but I"m glad it finally got fulfilled. Thankfully, I wasn't in a rush for the item but still, over 3 months does seem a bit excessive to me. That said, BLT was good about communicating regularly and promptly responded to my inquiry. I'll try and post a review after I get it and try it out.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Amazon in the US now anticipates they will have the Gigabyte card in stock by the 16th, and are taking pre-orders at $160. BLT's Zotac cards are a better deal, but they still have to work through a backlog of at least 21 more preorders of their own...

quacking_duck

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 3, 2019
@Analogue Blacksheep Great links. Did you pay the extra $35 USD VAT? Disappointing Asus isn't offering the 1650 in North America like they did the 1050. When I swapped messages with Asus today they emphasized warranty RMA service will not be provided for anyone in the US/CA that buys from overseas. I expect fail rate will only be 1-2% though.

I was looking at going with this vendor, just because they don't charge VAT

Yet, I'd happily go with Quzo on your recommendation if they also don't charge VAT. Cheers.

Last edited: