News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

neo_rebu

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2019
I've had enough of waiting on this. I recently spent the extra cash on importing from Japan. I will post upon arrival, ZOTAC US can lick it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choidebu

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
It has gone up 3000 yen in couple months. It's insane - media are bashing 1650 left and right and here we are buying unwanted cards for higher prices.

I had to downgrade to R7-240 LP to go forward with my project... will keep an eye on zotac for the rest of the year.

oguie

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 6, 2019
I did the same, I live in Mexico and my options are more limited than Americans, so I bit the bullet, ordered from Amazon Japan on a friday and had my card by next Wednesday.

I paid like 25000 yen and do not regret it (well maybe I will if I have to apply for warranty, touch wood...)

Reactions: neo_rebu

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Ok, here's a slight detour; while Zotac is still in the process of getting more 1650s out (and nobody else even seems to be trying), the Zotac Store now has a sale on some older low-profile 1050 cards. On the downside, these are refurbished, and they are the 2GB non-ti variant. On the upside, they are selling for just $90, with free shipping. That's probably the cheapest I've ever seen these cards...

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Somebody put up 5 zoltac 1650 LP cards on ebay usa. They aren't cheap but if you want one there are 4 left as of the time I'm posting this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZOTAC-GAMI...193087965827?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
Ah, yeah, I saw those too. The seller is in Italy. There is another eBay seller in Germany, but his cards are much more expensive.

The way Zotac has distributed their cards has made retail arbitrage a viable option here. There must be a reason Zotac is leaving good money on the table and letting third parties pick off their potential customers in unserved markets. :(

neo_rebu

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2019
Thanks Zotac US for making me pay more to import your products.

Frung

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2018
@neo_rebu

Thats an SFF Optiplex 790 there? Post if the new GTX 1650 works with it and which PSU you have in there? Default 240W or did you upgrade it? Also, whats the speed of your PCIex through GPU-Z pls.

neo_rebu

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2019
For the time being GTX 1650 LP will struggle with 9010 SFF

It starts tearing graphically on games, crashes and motherboard reboots.

I updated BIOS, GPU, GeForce Experience all in default settings, it just won't work properly.

Looks like I'm moving on to a mini atx build for this GPU.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I'm not sure if it's been discussed or if anybody has managed to get their hands on one of these, but I'm very interested to follow...

ASUS GTX 1650 (OC edition)

Yes! We've been following all the various implementations of low-profile gtx 1650s in this thread. Unfortunately, the Asus model is as yet just a description on a website. So far, only the MSI and Zotac models have made it into production, and only limited production at that; the MSI card has only reached a few stores in the Asian area (including Japan and Australia), and the Zotac card apparently finished its run without producing enough units to satisfy demand from retailers; there are probably half a dozen US retailers that have been waiting for months now to receive anything from the orders they placed.

In any case, the situation for low-profile 1650s has not been good. Kind of sad, when full-height 1650s appear to be just sitting on the shelves gathering dust. :(

Reactions: Semper 5

oguie

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 6, 2019
For the time being GTX 1650 LP will struggle with 9010 SFF

It starts tearing graphically on games, crashes and motherboard reboots.

I updated BIOS, GPU, GeForce Experience all in default settings, it just won't work properly.

Looks like I'm moving on to a mini atx build for this GPU.

That's weird I have a HP Prodesk 800 G3 with a i7-7700 (65W) and a 180W 80 Plus Platinum PSU and it works great, no crashes or shutdowns (don't ask me how it works, I have done the math and the power consumption is near the limit)

The only problem so far is the noise. I am seriously considering the installation of a system fan. I have checked the GPU temp with the ZOTAC Firestorm and it never gets hotter than 69C, so my only theory is that the noise is airflow related.

Semper 5

Chassis Packer
Feb 5, 2019
Yes! We've been following all the various implementations of low-profile gtx 1650s in this thread. Unfortunately, the Asus model is as yet just a description on a website. So far, only the MSI and Zotac models have made it into production, and only limited production at that; the MSI card has only reached a few stores in the Asian area (including Japan and Australia), and the Zotac card apparently finished its run without producing enough units to satisfy demand from retailers; there are probably half a dozen US retailers that have been waiting for months now to receive anything from the orders they placed.

In any case, the situation for low-profile 1650s has not been good. Kind of sad, when full-height 1650s appear to be just sitting on the shelves gathering dust.

Strangely, I've seen that around my area (Toronto) I can actually walk into Bestbuy and buy the MSI 1650 for about $250CAD. Still way steep considering the 2 year old RX 570 out performs it and holds a higher futureproofing value than the 1650. I can see the 1650 being something NVIDIA just threw out for sake of consumer interest and/or a small step to something bigger NVIDIA may be working on. And yeah, nobody in their right mind would want a full size 1650 considering cheaper and better alternatives out there...seems the only demographic the 1650 appeals to is us SFFers haha.

What I really hope to see soon would be a low profile from AMD superseding the MSI RX 560.

Last edited:

neo_rebu

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2019
Hey guys great news!

I made several noob mistakes installing my GTX 1650 LP. I completely forgot to erase AMD RADEON RX 550 drivers, turns out i had errors in the uninstallation.

So i downloaded DDU and properly uninstalled AMD drivers, rebooted and installed ver 436.30 of GEFORCE drivers and it runs butter smooth. No crashes, tearing or reboots. Tried some Dolphin emulation running Brawl, @1080p way smoother running than my RX 550.

Going to run YOOKA LAYLEE at max settings will post results. Glad i didnt give up yet

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Strangely, I've seen that around my area (Toronto) I can actually walk into Bestbuy and buy the MSI 1650 for about $250CAD.

You're talking about the full-height MSI 1650, right? I know that some Zotac LP 1650s made it to Canada, but I've not heard of any MSI LP cards making it there...

I can see the 1650 being something NVIDIA just threw out for sake of consumer interest and/or a small step to something bigger NVIDIA may be working on.

Nah. The 1650 is the logical extension of the work Nvidia has been doing; it is the low-power version of the Turing architecture. Nvidia has simply been outmaneuvered by AMD's choice to give up competing directly on design and instead increase performance by simply dumping excessive amounts of electricity into their cards. Which works; AMD's low-end GPUs may not be as elegant as Nvidia's, but if you push twice as much (or more!) watts into them as Nvidia does, they can do just as well. (And honestly, that may not be such a bad idea, given the reception to their cards.)

What I really hope to see soon would be a low profile from Radeon superseding the MSI RX 560.

Yeah, would be nice. AMD really hasn't been prioritizing low-profile cards for years, though. With their emphasis on high-wattage GPUs, I doubt that will change much in the near future either. :(

Semper 5

Chassis Packer
Feb 5, 2019
You're talking about the full-height MSI 1650, right? I know that some Zotac LP 1650s made it to Canada, but I've not heard of any MSI LP cards making it there...

Yes yes, sorry, I meant Zotac. (I'd take a Zotac over a MSI anything anyways haha)

Nah. The 1650 is the logical extension of the work Nvidia has been doing; it is the low-power version of the Turing architecture. Nvidia has simply been outmaneuvered by AMD's choice to give up competing directly on design and instead increase performance by simply dumping excessive amounts of electricity into their cards. Which works; AMD's low-end GPUs may not be as elegant as Nvidia's, but if you push twice as much (or more!) watts into them as Nvidia does, they can do just as well. (And honestly, that may not be such a bad idea, given the reception to their cards.)

I certainly can't dispute that and you raise a good point with the 1650 being the logical extension. And while true if you dump more wattage into anything it will do great, I think that's where a lot of angst comes from 1650 haters: what's really overlooked is that while the 1650 isn't as impressive as some other RXs, the 75W PCI-powered LP 1650 is a pretty damn admirable achievement.

Yeah, would be nice. AMD really hasn't been prioritizing low-profile cards for years, though. With their emphasis on high-wattage GPUs, I doubt that will change much in the near future either.

I'm afraid of this too, but I keep telling myself "hey its been a while since the 560. C'mon AMD, you've done leaps ahead with your full sized juice-suckers. Give us SFFers something to last for the next 4 years" lol

Reactions: Copernicus

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys great news!

I made several noob mistakes installing my GTX 1650 LP. I completely forgot to erase AMD RADEON RX 550 drivers, turns out i had errors in the uninstallation.

So i downloaded DDU and properly uninstalled AMD drivers, rebooted and installed ver 436.30 of GEFORCE drivers and it runs butter smooth. No crashes, tearing or reboots. Tried some Dolphin emulation running Brawl, @1080p way smoother running than my RX 550.

Going to run YOOKA LAYLEE at max settings will post results. Glad i didnt give up yet
Great to know! I was going to suggest powered riser since it could be a power delivery issue on downspecced oem/built up pcs.

Hope all is well.