News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

dustar1986

Efficiency Noob
Jul 13, 2019
Played a bit with the Zotac GTX 1650 low profile card. No problem in performance. Good quality for its price. The only downside is, it's a bit loud (as expected). Can be obviously heard on top of my four 120mm chassis fans. Maybe Zotac GTX 1650 4GB Gaming is a better choice in terms of noise, considering it's a very compact ITX card to fit into a SFF case. Hope this piece of information helps.

Reactions: Copernicus

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I was surprised to notice that a couple of Canadian sites now state that they have the Zotac card in stock (CDW, Vuugo). I was expecting that we'd have to wait until another Saturday to see new countries receive the card... Crossing my fingers that more stores will have the card in stock soon.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Played a bit with the Zotac GTX 1650 low profile card. No problem in performance. Good quality for its price. The only downside is, it's a bit loud (as expected). Can be obviously heard on top of my four 120mm chassis fans. Maybe Zotac GTX 1650 4GB Gaming is a better choice in terms of noise, considering it's a very compact ITX card to fit into a SFF case. Hope this piece of information helps.
What's the minimum fan speed you can force in Afterburner or any other program, 30%? 40%?

Thanks for the info!

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
I was surprised to notice that a couple of Canadian sites now state that they have the Zotac card in stock (CDW, Vuugo). I was expecting that we'd have to wait until another Saturday to see new countries receive the card... Crossing my fingers that more stores will have the card in stock soon.
Looks like Vuugo has it in stock but CDW came up with 0 on inventory check. I didn't complete the check out process on Vuugo but it indicates the item is in stock and let me add it to the cart at least.

dustar1986

Efficiency Noob
Jul 13, 2019
What's the minimum fan speed you can force in Afterburner or any other program, 30%? 40%?

Thanks for the info!

The minimal fan speed seems to be 40% forced. Cannot tune down any further by enabling `--cool-bits = 28` in Ubuntu 18.04. Actually a value less than 40% can be parsed but both `nvidia-smi` and Nvidia control panel still displayed 40%. The lower limit might be monitored by GPU BIOS. Haven't got Windows installed on that PC, sorry.

dustar1986

Efficiency Noob
Jul 13, 2019
Other than the subjective acoustic concern, the cooling works pretty decent. The heat sink attaches to both GPU chip and the left side (maybe VRM). I have an RTX card beneath the 1650LP. The Zotac card with two monitors plugged in has never been beyond 55 degree Celsius even when the RTX runs at 78 degree for hours.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
The minimal fan speed seems to be 40% forced. Cannot tune down any further by enabling `--cool-bits = 28` in Ubuntu 18.04. Actually a value less than 40% can be parsed but both `nvidia-smi` and Nvidia control panel still displayed 40%. The lower limit might be monitored by GPU BIOS. Haven't got Windows installed on that PC, sorry.
Thanks! That's pretty much what all the low profile 1050ti cards are like too except the ASUS which has a zero RPM fan mode. I think I'll hold out a bit longer :)

dustar1986

Efficiency Noob
Jul 13, 2019
Thanks! That's pretty much what all the low profile 1050ti cards are like too except the ASUS which has a zero RPM fan mode. I think I'll hold out a bit longer :)
Could have bought an ASUS 1050ti low profile in June. Felt spoiled to have both zero-RPM and backplate on an LP card. Would be perfect if ASUS applied those on 1650. Maybe we'll see that in 1650ti ?

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Appears to have been a glitch; CDW and Vuugo no longer report having the card in stock. :(
You're officially a 1650 lp stalker my friend. I bet your search queries alone have contributed to its price going up with the hype lol.

Amazon.co.jp has them, listed for 21.600 JPY. 199USD :sadface: Should be 149, no?

I can order and get it delivered for an extra 2000 jpy (18ish usd) to my country but... in some local listing there's a used 980ti for sale at about 235 usd so... only 17 usd more and I get 980ti.. pretty hard pill to swallow.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
You're officially a 1650 lp stalker my friend. I bet your search queries alone have contributed to its price going up with the hype lol.

I'm embarrassed to admit that earlier this week Google actually had me take one of those "are you a robot" tests after a few searches. First time that's happened to me...

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I can order and get it delivered for an extra 2000 jpy (18ish usd) to my country but... in some local listing there's a used 980ti for sale at about 235 usd so... only 17 usd more and I get 980ti.. pretty hard pill to swallow.

My advice: do not buy this card for its performance. 1650 has a pretty bad price to performance ratio. Only buy it if your specific case requires a low profile or low power gpu!

Reactions: Choidebu

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Yes I knew that - I like this card cause of its 75W tdp and its size. But I might have to wait for next gen until it gets cheaper..

If you want power-per-dollar, used rx570 can be had for 150. 150W and 150$. Huh.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Well, in the last 24 hours or so, at least three new Canadian stores have popped up in my Google searches as listing the Zotac card. With any luck, that might mean Canada will be getting the card tomorrow.

Unfortunately, no new US stores, though. Might have to wait another week here...

Reactions: Jello

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Yep, all the Canadian stores are reporting that they now have the Zotac card in stock.

Apparently nothing in the US though...

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
For what it's worth, Google has just located a fourth US company listing the Zotac card: Neobits. As usual, they don't have it in stock. Their listed price is the highest of the US stores so far, at $165.95.