News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

huanvu0994

What's an ITX?
Jul 13, 2019
I just ordered a Zotac low profile GTX 1650 on ebay, from a UK shop. They said they could deliver to US. Link below:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zotac-ZT-T16500H-10L-graphics-card-GeForce-GTX-1650-4-GB-GDDR5-ZT-T16500H-10L/163774548251?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
The order was put on late Friday so it hasn't been shipped yet. Hopefully I can receive it soon. I saw people in the same boat with me waiting for this card, so I registered the forum and am trying to be helpful here.

This waiting for the low profile 1650 is way too long, although my situation might be different from most people here. I want to take the full advantage of my RTX card to do heavy machine learning jobs, on a X299 platform without a integrated GPU. So I want another GPU to light the screen up. Low profile cards are where I'm looking into to ensure a good airflow inside my chassis. I'm currently using a GT 1030 which does nothing wrong. But GTX 1650 would give a bit freedom for 4K streaming I occasionally do. I almost gave up waiting for this ZT-16500H-10L since May and picked up any GTX 1650 with ITX design (Gigabyte, Zotac or MSI), until I saw the above ebay link.
Wow, + $100 more for 10-20% performance from gtx 1050 ti lp.
Like it, but still want to wait :v

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017

Now it's officially released, I'd expect Zotac will do a better job at actually getting cards in the hands of their customers !!!

Reactions: Copernicus

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'm wondering how the performance of the new low profile Zotac 1650 will compare to the Zotac GTX 1650 OC. I'm assuming it will run a few percent slower, but still faster than a 1050ti can manage.

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I'm wondering how the performance of the new low profile Zotac 1650 will compare to the Zotac GTX 1650 OC. I'm assuming it will run a few percent slower, but still faster than a 1050ti can manage.
There's no real reason to suspect this will perform any different from any other stock GTX 1650.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019

Wow; this is a very odd news item. It states that Zotac rolled out their card "a month after MSI released theirs"; however, Zotac showed off their card first, and MSI certainly hasn't released theirs in any widespread fashion (Google can only find instances of it for sale in Japan and Taiwan). The Zotac card has been available in quantity across Europe and Asia for almost two weeks now.

The article also states that "the company didn't reveal pricing." Why would they need to? The card has been selling for weeks now, usually around $160 or so (excluding VAT). Several of the US and Canadian sites that now list the card (although they also note that it is not yet in stock) show prices as well; Vuugo is listing it at 210.10 Cdn (about $160), Canada's BestBuy at 214.99 Cdn (about $165), and in the US Provantage is listing it at $153.12 and SabrePC at $162.00.

In any case, I hope this article indicates that stores in the Western Hemisphere will soon be selling the card. But aside from this one note from TechPowerUp, I'm not seeing anything to show that July 18th is different from any other day...

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Wow; this is a very odd news item. It states that Zotac rolled out their card "a month after MSI released theirs"; however, Zotac showed off their card first, and MSI certainly hasn't released theirs in any widespread fashion (Google can only find instances of it for sale in Japan and Taiwan). The Zotac card has been available in quantity across Europe and Asia for almost two weeks now.

The article also states that "the company didn't reveal pricing." Why would they need to? The card has been selling for weeks now, usually around $160 or so (excluding VAT). Several of the US and Canadian sites that now list the card (although they also note that it is not yet in stock) show prices as well; Vuugo is listing it at 210.10 Cdn (about $160), Canada's BestBuy at 214.99 Cdn (about $165), and in the US Provantage is listing it at $153.12 and SabrePC at $162.00.

In any case, I hope this article indicates that stores in the Western Hemisphere will soon be selling the card. But aside from this one note from TechPowerUp, I'm not seeing anything to show that July 18th is different from any other day...

Tempted to go ahead and put in an order at Provantage for $160 shipped, I really want to see some more announcements about a version with a zero RPM fan mode though :(

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
Wow; this is a very odd news item.
Techpowerup has a few of those, where they report on something but either don't understand what it is or get details wrong.

Their articles on HDPLEX power supplies are especially bad, like this one

And my personal favorite

This accessory, roughly as big as a power brick, takes in 6-pin PCIe, 8-pin PCIe, and 8-pin EPS connectors from your main rig, and depending on how many connectors you plug-in, puts out up to 800 Watts of power through a 24-pin ATX, and three downstream PCIe/EPS connectors, with the unit itself handing DC-to-DC switching of 12V to 5V and 3.3V voltage domains. This accessory is ideal if you have a high-Wattage power supply with multiple vacant EPS and PCIe connectors, and want to power a second mini-ITX machine, while saving a lot of space on the side.

Almost nothing in that paragraph is accurate ?

Last edited:
  • Haha

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
Tempted to go ahead and put in an order at Provantage for $160 shipped, I really want to see some more announcements about a version with a zero RPM fan mode though :(

FYI: I took a look at Provantage and noted that they don't really have it in stock either...
Special Order
IMPORTANT: This item is a SPECIAL ORDER and may take additional shipping time.
Place your order with us, and we will make every effort to have the item delivered to you as soon as possible.
Please note that because the item is not currently in stock, there is a possibility that it has been discontinued. We advise that you verify this product's status with the manufacturer before you complete your purchase.

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
Techpowerup has a few of those, where they report on something but either don't understand what it is or get details wrong.

Their articles on HDPLEX power supplies are especially bad, like this one

And my personal favorite

Almost nothing in that paragraph is accurate ?
So I'm not entirely clear (happens more often when you get older by the way) but would it be feasible to have that power thingy (highly technical term) power a graphics card...or have it power the MB and then your regular case PS power the graphics card...with the intent of being able to drive a more powerful graphics card and cpu then you would otherwise by splitting the power demands?

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
So I'm not entirely clear (happens more often when you get older by the way) but would it be feasible to have that power thingy (highly technical term) power a graphics card...or have it power the MB and then your regular case PS power the graphics card...with the intent of being able to drive a more powerful graphics card and cpu then you would otherwise by splitting the power demands?
Basically using two power supplies to power different components? Certainly, you can do that. That has been done in a few builds here on the forum, specifically I remember an S4 mini build where the motherboard & CPU were powered by an HDPLEX unit while the video card was powered by a 12v power supply. I'm planning to be doing something similar myself, but not using the power supplies from the articles.

Realistically there aren't many situations where it is necessary to do this. The power thingies from the articles I linked are only DC-DC power supplies, so they aren't complete by themselves. You first need an AC-DC power supply like a laptop adapter (or the 400w 19v PSU HDPLEX makes) to convert 120/240v AC into 19v DC for the power thingies to give your PC juice.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I am going to go out on a limb and guess that Zotac is finally going to allow their cards to be sold generally tomorrow.

Beyond the odd statement made by TechPowerUp yesterday, there is a Japanese news article (also posted yesterday) by Ask-Corp that provides a more comprehensive description of the card. Most importantly, they indicate that July 20th is the date it will be released.

Considering that the European release was the Saturday before last, and that many European sites began adding the card to their databases a few days before that (something which has been happening in numerous US and Canadian sites over the last few days), I believe tomorrow looks good for a Saturday release by Zotac.

Crossing my fingers...

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Well, Japan did get the card today, even if nobody else did. :(

What I think is more depressing is how the Zotac box is designed, covered in English text:

(Link to story this pic came from.)

I mean, why bother covering your product with English writing if you are never going to sell it in countries where that language is used? Frustrating... :)

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Well, Japan did get the card today, even if nobody else did. :(

What I think is more depressing is how the Zotac box is designed, covered in English text:

(Link to story this pic came from.)

I mean, why bother covering your product with English writing if you are never going to sell it in countries where that language is used? Frustrating... :)

Many shops in the US have the Zotac 1650 LP up for preorder...

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Many shops in the US have the Zotac 1650 LP up for preorder...
Yeah, I know. :) I'm just tired of waiting; surely they could have produced enough units to give every country a few cards, rather than spend weeks rolling them out in one location after another...

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
I'm really anxious to get a 1650 LP but I also would prefer ordering when the companies (USA) actually have them in stock. It also wouldn't be terrible if some more mainstream retailers carried them so in the case of a return/refund situation I'd feel there there may be better service.

@NateDawg72: Thanks. Yeah, that's a bit more equipment then I'd like. At that point it may be worth it to get a larger case. Fun ideas to entertain though.