Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Just bought my second Steck base unit in White to build a HTPC in the next few months.
I'm looking at using an R5-3600 and an old GTX970 so nothing crazy but more than I need.

In my other build I used a 240mm AIO, but I'm thinking of air cooling this.
Is the Noctua NH-L9a a good choice or are there better options that will fit?
I've not air cooled a PC in about 8 years, so any recommendations are welcome.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Just bought my second Steck base unit in White to build a HTPC in the next few months.
I'm looking at using an R5-3600 and an old GTX970 so nothing crazy but more than I need.

In my other build I used a 240mm AIO, but I'm thinking of air cooling this.
Is the Noctua NH-L9a a good choice or are there better options that will fit?
I've not air cooled a PC in about 8 years, so any recommendations are welcome.
The riser cable does not support cards older than RTX1000 series. You may have issues with the GPU.
NH-L12S will be better cooler than NH-L9a, check out the community gallery for different air cooling builds:

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
The riser cable does not support cards older than RTX1000 series. You may have issues with the GPU.
NH-L12S will be better cooler than NH-L9a, check out the community gallery for different air cooling builds:

Thanks I'll have a look.

My GTX970 is working fine in my current build in the original Steck. Has something changed?
If so I'll just migrate the riser cable from my current build.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Thanks I'll have a look.

My GTX970 is working fine in my current build in the original Steck. Has something changed?
If so I'll just migrate the riser cable from my current build.
If it's working, then it should be ok 😉 . Just that we have a few cases of compatibility issues and all are from 900 series cards

Reactions: LexImatx

screwbox

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
So, owning a Steck for some time now and decided to go dual Rad. So i now need an additional top hat to mount a second rad on the bottom.
Going to the nouvolo webshop as i did just years ago just to learn i can not buy anything regarding my steck anymore. So my case has gotten eol and not future proof anymore. Sad times…

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
So, owning a Steck for some time now and decided to go dual Rad. So i now need an additional top hat to mount a second rad on the bottom.
Going to the nouvolo webshop as i did just years ago just to learn i can not buy anything regarding my steck anymore. So my case has gotten eol and not future proof anymore. Sad times…
Steck version 2 is available now. It has many improvement over version 1.x

There is a 10% discount offer for SFFF community

Please check it out at :

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity