Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Bazinga123

Case Bender
Feb 26, 2019
I need helps guys. Just plugged in my new Steck build and my circuit breaker tripped the moment it was plugged in. Does that mean there's a short somewhere between the case and a component? My PSU switch wasn't even in the on position, so I'm not sure how this could even happen. There is a burn mark on the power plug, but I can't see any other damage just by inspection. I'm thinking of just doing a rebuild and trying again. Could it be possible that my power cord was bad in the first place? I can use any standard C13 connector with the SF600, right?

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
There is a burn mark on the power plug...
You should check the fuse in the plug. Suggest you double check the power connections in the case (protected by black rubber cover, the wires should be protected by heat shrink wrap).
We don't include the ubiquitous power cord, suggest you change another one to try.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I'm wondering if it is possible to put a 120mm aio(for CPU) and a 92mm aio(for GPU), in the steck unit?
Reasoning:

Nzxt x52 240mm aio dimensions are 275mm x 123mm

645lt 92mm aio dimensions are 117mm x 97mm

H55 120mm aio dimensions are 120mm x 152mm

152mm + 117mm = 269mm so it might work. (You'd need a bracket i to make the 92mm aio fit on the mounting bracket of the steck unit.... But it's theoretically feasible, but realistically... I'm not sure)

Last edited:
Reactions: embiz0n

eightbitmega

What's an ITX?
Aug 13, 2019
Can some kind persons provide lengths for sleeved SFX 24 pin and EPS 8 pin custom cables? I am using a Corsair SF600 Platinum and Asrock Fatality B450 Gaming ITX/ac? I am aware of the lengths suggested in the Nouvolo FAQ, but would like to hear individual experiences from real people who have purchased custom cables.

dzpliu

Cable Smoosher
New User
Jun 22, 2019
Can some kind persons provide lengths for sleeved SFX 24 pin and EPS 8 pin custom cables? I am using a Corsair SF600 Platinum and Asrock Fatality B450 Gaming ITX/ac? I am aware of the lengths suggested in the Nouvolo FAQ, but would like to hear individual experiences from real people who have purchased custom cables.
im using asrock x470 itx( exact same as b450 itx) and EVGA GM550. the FAQ is quite accurate though.
i think my picture is at page 90, my 24pin is 20cm and cpu is 30cm.

calypso

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2019
@Nouvolo any idea when will the black or white ones be back in stock? I just discovered this case while debating on the ghost s1, dan case or Ncase. great price!

will there be a version 2? the motherboard directly behind the gpu is a bit troubling.

finally will dust filters stick on the top and sides?
was going to run two fans up top for a negative pressure setup.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@Nouvolo any idea when will the black or white ones be back in stock?
We may have an update/announcement in 1-2 weeks time. We haven't finalized things internally at the moment, but we can say that we are in the process of re-stocking. You can sign up to the website and we will send out email reminders when Steck is back online.

calypso

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2019
alright ive decided I think this will be my next case! BUT im waiting for the news or maybe a v2? or some kind of buyable add ons. swappable support or a moutning bracket for 3.5 HDD would be nice to see. even if its a payed add on bracket or something. behind the PSU maybe? cant beat the price. and a silver color choice would be as well. im sure all this has been said before though. have my eyes on the white one :)

oh and dust filters. dust filters everywhere!

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
alright ive decided I think this will be my next case! BUT im waiting for the news or maybe a v2? or some kind of buyable add ons. swappable support or a moutning bracket for 3.5 HDD would be nice to see. even if its a payed add on bracket or something. behind the PSU maybe? cant beat the price. and a silver color choice would be as well. im sure all this has been said before though. have my eyes on the white one

oh and dust filters. dust filters everywhere!

It would be hard to fit a 3.5 HDD in the base unit without an extra short GPU; one or two might be able to fit in the stack unit. Honestly though, with how much SSDs have come down in price, you're likely better off just getting a couple m.2's and then building a NAS box with HDDs and putting it somewhere where you won't hear them if you data hoard.

It does come with a dust filter for the top or bottom, but it will restrict the airflow to use it or slap them on every vent. In most chassis that I've used, taking off the filer drops temps by 2-3 C and reduces the turbulence induced fan noise noticeably, so unless you've got a house full of pets, simply blowing the case out every 5 or 6 months is often the better option in SFF where cooling comes at a premium.

dzpliu

Cable Smoosher
New User
Jun 22, 2019
It would be hard to fit a 3.5 HDD in the base unit without an extra short GPU; one or two might be able to fit in the stack unit. Honestly though, with how much SSDs have come down in price, you're likely better off just getting a couple m.2's and then building a NAS box with HDDs and putting it somewhere where you won't hear them if you data hoard.

It does come with a dust filter for the top or bottom, but it will restrict the airflow to use it or slap them on every vent. In most chassis that I've used, taking off the filer drops temps by 2-3 C and reduces the turbulence induced fan noise noticeably, so unless you've got a house full of pets, simply blowing the case out every 5 or 6 months is often the better option in SFF where cooling comes at a premium.
you can fit 1 hdd behind the PSU, or 2 SSD. (with double sided tape of course)

calypso

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2019
has anyone done air cooled builds with the tempered glass? im thinking of two 120s instead of a radiator and a 120 in the bottom running exhaust.
I use a 1070mini from MSI and an 8700 non K
going to upgrade to the gigabyte 2070mini when possible.
before anyone says anything I find AIOs annoying to work with. and I don't overclock nor care much for it. if I do overclock its on the GPU
and Im running a blower card so it stay pretty cool already.
I also run 1080p at 60fps which is fine for me.

also how is traveling with this case? can I throw it in a backpack and take it with me? waaaay lazy to search the forums if any of this has been asked before.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
has anyone done air cooled builds with the tempered glass? im thinking of two 120s instead of a radiator and a 120 in the bottom running exhaust.
I use a 1070mini from MSI and an 8700 non K
going to upgrade to the gigabyte 2070mini when possible.
before anyone says anything I find AIOs annoying to work with. and I don't overclock nor care much for it. if I do overclock its on the GPU
and Im running a blower card so it stay pretty cool already.
I also run 1080p at 60fps which is fine for me.

also how is traveling with this case? can I throw it in a backpack and take it with me? waaaay lazy to search the forums if any of this has been asked before.
I haven't seen anyone do it but if were going to I would have the bottom fan intake and the top exhaust. Negative pressure works with vented side panels where the air is drawn in through the side panels.

Or where you planning the top as intake and the bottom as exhaust, might work better giving you higher intake airflow.

calypso

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2019
I haven't seen anyone do it but if were going to I would have the bottom fan intake and the top exhaust. Negative pressure works with vented side panels where the air is drawn in through the side panels.

Or where you planning the top as intake and the bottom as exhaust, might work better giving you higher intake airflow.

oh good idea. i was thinking of the top two exhaust and the bottom exhaust also? that way i just have heat coming out period. i plan on using the glass panels or at least one for CPU or GPU side. not sure.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
oh good idea. i was thinking of the top two exhaust and the bottom exhaust also? that way i just have heat coming out period. i plan on using the glass panels or at least one for CPU or GPU side. not sure.
The only problem with having both set to exhaust is if you have enough air intake.