Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

davinsaputra

Chassis Packer
Mar 27, 2019
Hi, i bought it :> This case is what gets me into this forum, so hello guys!

A few question. I am currently using Silverstone SG13, so im planningon migrating my components there. I use a full length GTX 1060. Where can i put my 2.5" SSD?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Hi, i bought it :> This case is what gets me into this forum, so hello guys!

A few question. I am currently using Silverstone SG13, so im planningon migrating my components there. I use a full length GTX 1060. Where can i put my 2.5" SSD?

Welcome, welcome!

The best spot is probably under the PSU (if you don't intend to put a 120mm fan there). Alternatively, you can squeeze one behind the PSU, but that cuts down on your cable management space.

davinsaputra

Chassis Packer
Mar 27, 2019
Welcome, welcome!

The best spot is probably under the PSU (if you don't intend to put a 120mm fan there). Alternatively, you can squeeze one behind the PSU, but that cuts down on your cable management space.

Hi! thanks for the reply!

Should i put a fan? Will it improve thermal tremedously? All i have on hand now is Noctua NF-F12. Can i fit it? My PSU is SF600 by corsair

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Hi! thanks for the reply!

Should i put a fan? Will it improve thermal tremedously? All i have on hand now is Noctua NF-F12. Can i fit it? My PSU is SF600 by corsair

If you are really tidy with the PSU cables you can fit a full 25mm thick fan under there. I opted for an NF-A12x15 15mm fan since the stock cables on the SF600 are pretty stiff and I didn't want to train them to avoid fan interference. You could always pickup one of those silverstone fan grills for a 25mm and not worry about it though. CPU thermals dropped by around 8 C with the addition of that fan (Scythe Big Shurkien 2 as my CPU cooler).

Reactions: davinsaputra

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Some initial design parts for Steck v2:
  • Double 120x15mm or 120x25mm, hidden inside the current feet, pushes air up the case.
  • Feet style re-designed also with a curve opening
  • Fans hidden in the "pocket" inside the feet, but still raised up by 10mm to allow air get sucked in
  • Overall case height maybe raised by 15-18mm, even though can house 25mm fans
EDIT: please feedback, in particular, is the curved opening better?

I’m actually curious about this. This would be really great over the current feet of the Steck case. I would rather have this and hope it to use with my Corsair ll120 rgb white.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Yes but not at this stage. There are several who invited me to send for their review, but most of them are < 10k subscribers and with very low views. :\
Got to build a base somewhere. But, once the first orders are delivered, many videos will be up. Got to get them 100 views

davinsaputra

Chassis Packer
Mar 27, 2019
Hi im planning on getting a custom length cable too. Any suggestion? Can i buy a ghost s1 custom cable and fit it in there as the placement is the same?

Also can i put the steck on the bottom?

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I might just do a single 240mm rad for aio support. If I ever do custom loop, I would continue to do 240mm rad with rtx 2070 mini from zotac and 2700x.

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Does anyone know what kind of import fees you'd be expected to pay in the UK for this? I've literally got the case in my basket and ready to buy, just never had to worry about fees before and could be an issue.

The case looks great. Fits my new build perfectly!

EDIT: I caved and just bought one. Found a calculator that estimated fees to be <£40 so I can still pay those and save around £100 compared to the Loque which was the other option.

Last edited:

davinsaputra

Chassis Packer
Mar 27, 2019
Hi just wondering, is it okay to put the glass panel on the gpu side? I have a gtx1060 from asus.

Planning to add one 120x25mm fan on the bottom but depends on how good i am on handling the cable

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi just wondering, is it okay to put the glass panel on the gpu side? I have a gtx1060 from asus.

Planning to add one 120x25mm fan on the bottom but depends on how good i am on handling the cable

Glass panels on GPU side is fine as long as you use the stack expansion either with fans or AIO cooling. i.e. must have bottom to top active air flow.