Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
...Optimization is not what you should do.Please be patient and explore new structures instead of being humiliated abroad.

That would be for the market to decide
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

All PC cases have similar config, since the beginning of time. There has been similar designs even before Dan's case came out, which some of you here may consider the first of the breed.

@WH-team: The timing of your post is very suspect, considering that I have just managed to overcome the hardest hurdles in production and post first test batch. This thread has been around for some time and very active, and many of the peeps here know I am open and always welcome feedback. But I just also like to put on record that I will stand up to any effort to jeopardize my investment (in this project).

Stackable PC Prior art:
Cooler Master launches world first stackable computer case series (15 October, 2013)

Acer Revo - stackable modular PC (September 3, 2015)

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
That would be for the market to decide

I agree with @Dreamwrx, people who follow this thread know this case is similar in design to the Ghost S1 but this doesn't give Louqe exclusive rights to this design. There are only so many ways to arrange components in this small a case, the top hat was a great idea but that doesn't mean others can't benefit from the design.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
@macbosco
are you planning to add dust filter for this case? I am thinking of putting the hat at the bottom to suck in cool air at there.

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
IMO there can be innovation to be had in the power button, side panel and top hat attachment design. Right now those are pretty similar to Louqe and if I were to offer constructive criticism, I would make those parts a differentiator in your product (to stand out). We already see the negative reception here towards similarities to the Ghost.

A good example is the Thor MJOLNIR I case http://thor-zone.com/mini-itx/

A lot of people are visuals first - despite your differences internally I think it would benefit your product to look slightly different visually.

Last edited:
Reactions: macbosco

bigdh625

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 28, 2018
Absolutely amazing work being done here. Avoid any of the negativity, and keep positive you are on the home stretch. I have a couple of ideas/addons I'd love to test with my 3D printer, and would also love to be a beta tester. Are you going to make the STL/CAD files avail for us modders?

Reactions: macbosco

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Absolutely amazing work being done here. Avoid any of the negativity, and keep positive you are on the home stretch. I have a couple of ideas/addons I'd love to test with my 3D printer, and would also love to be a beta tester. Are you going to make the STL/CAD files avail for us modders?

Thanks for your encouragement, really appreciate it :). After my product launch (in KS/indiegogo/ own webstore) I may post up sketchup file, not sure if it helps tho.... I have now learnt that it is only good to have a STL or CAD file, when I first designed it I only picked up sketchup by watching some youtube videos. You may notice that I don't have those fancy 3D renders like others... I didn't have any experience in CAD before, I am now trying to pickup fusion360 as I can't afford the other software.

For this product technicians from the metal sheet factory actually manually convert my sketchup directly to 2D CAD die cast. They also made some adjustment in my design since the first prototype, so my file my not match exactly with the final product version. So I don't have a good 3D file for this product. I may do that eventually tho, if time allows. But for my later products in this 'series' will definitely prepare those nice looking rendered 3D models.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
More photos for the rad stack unit, top & bottom config

What a louqe clone. lol literally a clone without it fit and finish.

MOD EDIT: I have already warned folks in this thread about the whole "oh it's a clone" BS. Consider this your personal warning, @Bangle

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamwrx

Caliper Novice
Jul 12, 2018
What a louqe clone. lol literally a clone without it fit and finish.

Hey folks, remember that SFF Forum is a place of encouragement, and not just outright shooting down ideas for being derived from other designs. Yeah, the design may have similarities to existing products, but that's up to the end market to decide with their wallets, not for folks to attack people with in the planning stage. Encouragement is much more useful to designers than discouragement. Remember, everyone behind each avatar is another person, and they want to be treated like you do - with support and help.

Suggest changes, offer advice, don't just outright shoot down ideas. The SFF world would be nowhere without a supportive community.

Seriously... if this is the only thing you have to say.. please do it elsewhere

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Seriously... if this is the only thing you have to say.. please do it elsewhere
I'm all for new ideas in case designs and for people to have a go at making a more affordable and more flexible version of a existing idea/ design, but come on, this case a a straight out clone. - no BS involved in saying so. Even the side panels are of the same basic design. ohh and the feet! Basically the 1st optional idea from louqe's own design doc (http://louqe.com/img/GhostS1Addons.pdf)

This thread even posts louqe pictures as ideas (Page 4 - showing a custom water cooled Louqe etc.). Personally this case would/ could be more interesting and will set itself apart if the side panels had a f'inned design', like the Luna Design Prime Case (https://luna-design.org/prime#gallery). This will actually look cool in my opinion. There, I've offered a seemingly useful (and constructive) idea to set the case apart from the Louqe.

I'm all for taking good ideas and improving on them (and if posible making the product more affordable), but don't straight clone a design and pass it off as original thinking.

So Mod's, whats wrong with saying its a clone? The motorola one power (google it) is a cheaper clone of the iphone x design (nothing wrong in saying it); as is this case a clone of the basic fundamental Louqe design. At least change the freaking side panels!

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
I hope in the future, designer can patent their case, there are not much layout and just simple mechanical parts.

In my opinion, use bending parts for stacking unit is not very good idea, bending parts has not good tolerances, specially if you make it in massive quantity, so the units will not fit unless you use fixed dies to fabricate parts.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
For reviewers batch I will be offering "bare metal" version, which is an untreated body. You can do your own paint job on it.

Other colours available are:
All the colors look amazing. I thought that pink would be over there top, but it's quite subtle and lovely.

Can't wait to see more!
I appreciate your updates and communication with your prospective buyers.

ron095

Caliper Novice
May 28, 2018
For reviewers batch I will be offering "bare metal" version, which is an untreated body. You can do your own paint job on it.

Oh damn, I'm leaning towards the white or black but that salmon looks nice!

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016

I'm really linking the tint of the pink one. I were imagine a more punchy pink, but this subtle shade is really pleasing.