Cooling Noctua "Black Out" Chromax Line

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
That cooler is for 140mm fans, it isn't 140mm tall. It says on the card it's based on the NH-U14S, so it's probably the same height (165mm).

Noctua has indicated in the past that they have no interest in developing an intermediary cooler between the ~130mm tall C-type and 92mm-fan tower coolers, and the full size ~160mm coolers.
I'll ask the Noctua technicians in charge of our area.
But I wonder why Noctua has prepared a C-type cooler under 145 mm, but not a D&U-type cooler under 145 mm.
The real reason, I think, is that they need to redesign the mould. They need more time.
(It's awkward. Side plate opening is not a common practice. It's a good choice for ITX, but 142mm is obviously too high. Embarrassment...)

Reactions: owliwar

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
just ordered nhl9i chromax.............and $7.90 for am4 bracket. i just spent almost $60 for this.............65 tdp cooler lol.

they should really include the am4 brackets with these coolers

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
just ordered nhl9i chromax.............and $7.90 for am4 bracket. i just spent almost $60 for this.............65 tdp cooler lol.

LOL, worst part is that the AMD bracketry will NOT be blacked out...?

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019

You ordered a L9i and not the L9a? Or is there only a blacked out L9i?

Edit: Checked Amazon, guess there's only the L9i Chromax variant.

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
You ordered a L9i and not the L9a? Or is there only a blacked out L9i?

Edit: Checked Amazon, guess there's only the L9i Chromax variant.
Yeah, I think they focused on the i-variant since that one fits both intel and AMD boards, but the a-variant only fits AMD.

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
oooh! i like the look of this: its the higher rpm (2500) fan from the l9i/a! will be good for anyone wanted to add it to another heatsink. looks like rrp is 20 bucks tho: ouch

sidebar: can noctua use our money to spend more on webhosting? their website is probably the worst ive (attempted) to visit in years

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
oooh! i like the look of this: its the higher rpm (2500) fan from the l9i/a! will be good for anyone wanted to add it to another heatsink. looks like rrp is 20 bucks tho: ouch

sidebar: can noctua use our money to spend more on webhosting? their website is probably the worst ive (attempted) to visit in years

Whoa, can you imagine how much they'd cost if they blew all the R&D money pioneering black fans on modern websites? /s

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
On the subject of the higher RPM 92mm fan does anyone know what would be a better swap for my L9a? The Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM has an airflow of 57,5 m³/h, while the Noctua NF-A9 PWM has an airflow of 78,9 m³/h.