Cooling Noctua "Black Out" Chromax Line

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Week is almost over, so tomorrow they launch the L9A Chromax? No, probably not... Can't even get hold of their new slim chromax fans even though they launched 2 months ago.

Which one? I got the new slim 92mm Noctua Chromax fan about a week ago or so...

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Which one? I got the new slim 92mm Noctua Chromax fan about a week ago or so...

Both the slim 92mm and slim 120mm have been extremely difficult to get hold of in Europe. In Sweden, where I am located, they are just impossible to get hands on. I have to look at German or UK retailers, where they go out of stock pretty much always. Now Overclockers have some in stock, but the shipping is as much as the fan.

The NF-A12x15 Chromax is available right now on Amazon.

I'm located in Europe, so it's only for emergencies that I would order something from the US Amazon. :)

I don't think Noctua has ramped up the production of these fans yet, or don't know yet how many to produce per month, etc. Or try to get rid of stock of the beige fans first, I don't know.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Both the slim 92mm and slim 120mm have been extremely difficult to get hold of in Europe. In Sweden, where I am located, they are just impossible to get hands on. I have to look at German or UK retailers, where they go out of stock pretty much always. Now Overclockers have some in stock, but the shipping is as much as the fan.

I'm located in Sweden as well :)

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
It’s shows as “not available“ unfortunately on Amazon uk. Will be on the look out for a couple black NF-A12x15 and a couple black x25’s. Hopefully they’ll be available soon (gathering parts for the next build)

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I'm located in Sweden as well :)

I assume you imported the fan from Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Caseking.de or Overclockers.co.uk when they had stock? ;) They are the goto places for me when I don't find stuff at the big Swedish retailers like Webhallen, Komplett, Inet, etc.

The slim 120mm is the most rare one. Caseking is pushing the date forward all the time. Now it's February 14:th...

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I assume you imported the fan from Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Caseking.de or Overclockers.co.uk when they had stock? ;) They are the goto places for me when I don't stuff at the big Swedish retailers like Webhallen, Komplett, Inet, etc.

The slim 120mm is the most rare one. Caseking is pushing the date forward all the time. Now it's February 14:th...

Yup, got it from Amazon.co.uk. Although when I looked yesterday it was out of stock and no info on wether re-stocking would be back or not.

Which one do you mean, by the slim 120mm? As I've ordered that through Webhallen, although haven't recieved it yet.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Yup, got it from Amazon.co.uk. Although when I looked yesterday it was out of stock and no info on wether re-stocking would be back or not.

Which one do you mean, by the slim 120mm? As I've ordered that through Webhallen, although haven't recieved it yet.

The slim black 120mm, NF-A12x15 Chromax. I ordered it as well from Webhallen, waited 2 weeks, nothing happened, cancelled it. Still says they have no stock, and no indication when they get any. I don't think they have had any stock of it so far since the "paper launch" in November.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I'm guessing no one's seen anything about the nf-a12x25 in chromax?

Can guarantee you that that fan will be THE most popular fan, once it hits market.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it would be hard to get, due to being out of stock. Because being so popular.

Walfers

Chassis Packer
Jan 1, 2020
Can guarantee you that that fan will be THE most popular fan, once it hits market.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it would be hard to get, due to being out of stock. Because being so popular.
I messaged their insta and they said "Hi, we're still aiming for the first half of 2020 for these."

Damn

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawelio

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Jul 28, 2018
I'll ask the Noctua technicians in charge of our area.
But I wonder why Noctua has prepared a C-type cooler under 145 mm, but not a D&U-type cooler under 145 mm.
The real reason, I think, is that they need to redesign the mould. They need more time.
(It's awkward. Side plate opening is not a common practice. It's a good choice for ITX, but 142mm is obviously too high. Embarrassment...)

Any news of this new C type 2 years later?