Cooling Noctua "Black Out" Chromax Line

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
Not my rig pictured, but most who do the Accelero set to exhaust...
Yea I got mine intake but was thinking of exhaust. I don't have the accelero ATM but want one. Just kinda waiting to see when the new cards drop.

I wonder if I'm creating turbulence with the gpu fans?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Yea I got mine intake but was thinking of exhaust. I don't have the accelero ATM but want one. Just kinda waiting to see when the new cards drop.

I wonder if I'm creating turbulence with the gpu fans?
I'd say they are unnecessary, yeah.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Don't need both fans? What your saying? Didn't think so just seen other people doing it. Prob take my shroud off and see how that goes .PC is silent except GPU fans at load .
Sorry, I may have misunderstood. You have the GPU fans and then case fans blowing right on them? That seems like overkill.

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
Sorry, I may have misunderstood. You have the GPU fans and then case fans blowing right on them? That seems like overkill.
So you were saying accerelo not worth it? Correct well technically they for the whole system but since so close prob not necessary. But have seen alot same setup but think most take shroud off.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
So you were saying accerelo not worth it? Correct well technically they for the whole system but since so close prob not necessary. But have seen alot same setup but think most take shroud off.

I think the accelero is great and you should get it if you are not happy with the cooling performance of your current GPU cooler. If you are happy with the cooling performance of your current GPU cooler, then don't get it.

In my case, I had a Vega56 with reference blower that I did not like, so I got a Morpheus 2 cooler for it. Basically the AMD equivalent of the Accelero :)

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
In my case, I had a Vega56 with reference blower that I did not like, so I got a Morpheus 2 cooler for it. Basically the AMD equivalent of the Accelero :)

Straight bolt-on to the Vega 56...?

Does the Morpheus II fit in the NCASE M1 with dual 120x25mm fans below...?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Straight bolt-on to the Vega 56...?

Does the Morpheus II fit in the NCASE M1 with dual 120x25mm fans below...?
Morpheus requires the use of slim fans in the M1. I (and most people) am using Noctuas. The Accelero doesn't fit on a Vega card.

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
I think the accelero is great and you should get it if you are not happy with the cooling performance of your current GPU cooler. If you are happy with the cooling performance of your current GPU cooler, then don't get it.

Yea seems great. The cooling seems solid. I just hate the gpu load fan noise. Because my Noctua's and ek fans are practically silent otherwise. So I'll prob get one or maybe just deshroud my GPU cooler .

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
so this week I sent an email askin noctua about the release date of the nh-l9i blackout and they answered....

https://i.gyazo.com/77e99f7b733ee22b9e45342198bc2a1c.png

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Hahahaha. Come back in a couple of years and ask again kid!

Sincerely- Noctua

Last edited:

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
Oh mah lord, 2020
yeah I got the same reaction, maybe its becasue they dont want to deceive people if a delay is needed like for the sf 600 platinum or they are actually serious, eighter way lets hope the black ridge dan cpu cooler is actually coming soon

Reactions: Damascus

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
yeah I got the same reaction, maybe its becasue they dont want to deceive people if a delay is needed like for the sf 600 platinum or they are actually serious, eighter way lets hope the black ridge dan cpu cooler is actually coming soon
I honestly love my normal one, but I will admit to being a weirdo

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Too long. Need now.

I find it hard to believe that it would take that long for them if they really wanted to make a black 95 mm fan. The process of molding and making the new fans is already established. But since the SFF-market is still kind of a niche market, they probably don't think it beneficial enough to put in resources to make the black l9i/a

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
So, for an all-AMD NCASE M1 build, utilizing the Raijintek Morpheus II GPU heat sink, which is available in a black version, we have chromax.black.swap versions of the NF-A12x15 & the NF-A9 fans coming, and there is already a chromax.black.swap version of the NF-S12A for a side intake...

Now we need a murdered out version of the NH-U9S CPU cooler, with matching AM4 mounting hardware, pretty please Noctua...?!?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
So, for an all-AMD NCASE M1 build, utilizing the Raijintek Morpheus II GPU heat sink, which is available in a black version, we have chromax.black.swap versions of the NF-A12x15 & the NF-A9 fans coming, and there is already a chromax.black.swap version of the NF-S12A for a side intake...

Now we need a murdered out version of the NH-U9S CPU cooler, with matching AM4 mounting hardware, pretty please Noctua...?!?
When are the slim 120mm fans coming? I'm guessing still 6 months out