Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
always get USB overcurrent when usb c port is mounted
any ideas?

used included sliver wahser still got overcurrent

RedSawn

Caliper Novice
Feb 18, 2022
Will spare front panels ever go on sale? Don't think the black/black variant existed when I preordered. Might try a little bit of DIY colour while I wait for AM5 news but it'd be good to know I wouldn't have to live with ruined wood

Hell a CAD file might do

Reactions: Densium.net

wilsonn8

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2020
need more traffic/discussions

densium 4 , should i go
asus strix|| b660i / 12400f , b550i / 5600x or something else. I got the densium loom for psu, which is fitted for b550i? (can i assume b660i is same?)
entirely new build, so i dont have any spares around.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
I'm running the asus b550i. Cable loom was perfect, though the 24 pin bend was a bit uncomfortable, wouldn't have minded one or two cm more wiggling space on the cables. Just compare the position of the 24 pin and 8 pin between the two. It's itx, usually its pretty much the same space. Not a lot of free real estate on the tiny boards.

Reactions: wilsonn8

crispyBacon11

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2022
I'm running the asus b550i. Cable loom was perfect, though the 24 pin bend was a bit uncomfortable, wouldn't have minded one or two cm more wiggling space on the cables. Just compare the position of the 24 pin and 8 pin between the two. It's itx, usually its pretty much the same space. Not a lot of free real estate on the tiny boards.
I'm running the B660-i and had the exact same experience. 24-pin was a little tight until it was in place. The rest were no problem and I tucked wires away where I could to make it look neat. It's kind of a pain to install the harness to the GPU just because there's not much room for fingers between the connector and the case. Cable length is no issue, though. And I went B660i with a 12500 because I wanted to get the latest Intel architecture. Just keep in mind you need DDR5 RAM to go that way...always a trade-off.

Last edited:
Reactions: wilsonn8

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
still cant install usb c header without usb overcurrent warning

how did you guys install USBC header?

what screw/washer did you use?

crispyBacon11

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2022
still cant install usb c header without usb overcurrent warning

how did you guys install USBC header?

what screw/washer did you use?

Yea, that's strange - I had no issues. I used two small washers between the USB PCB and the silver mounting bracket. Then used the flat silver screws to mount. Here's the best picture I have. Can you power up the PC without the header screwed to the frame? That would rule out any mounting issues.

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
Yea, that's strange - I had no issues. I used two small washers between the USB PCB and the silver mounting bracket. Then used the flat silver screws to mount. Here's the best picture I have. Can you power up the PC without the header screwed to the frame? That would rule out any mounting issues.

yes i can power the system on without screw in the usb header

actually now usb c port is pressure fitted
it move back in inside when i plug in but still usable

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021

i tried like you
pcb
--------------
small washer
------------
big washer

it works now

weird, i tried only single small and single ball didnt work
since i did like in the video (video is too fast tbh)

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Probably the pcb solderpoints touch metal when screwed into the metal bracket. When attached to the caseframe this grounds into the flex powersupply and loops 5v from the usb header to ground somehow, triggering the overcurrentprotection? Washers prevent contact between pcb and metal frame, which grounds through the psu.

Reactions: Valantar

Last_colossi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 9, 2021
Hi,

I just received my Densium 4+ V2 today. I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it's packaged, it honestly feels a lot more premium than most other SFF cases I've worked with. I was going to ask however if there is a written instruction guide?, because while the video is helpful it doesn't give me specifics on what screws go where or what to use the washers on, etc. I can probably figure it out by skimming through this thread but that won't be a great experience for others that are less familiar with building PC's.

Reactions: Densium.net

wilsonn8

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2020
I read that a torx screwdriver of some sort is required?

pls also update shipping schedule with suppliers/shipping agents/managers! @Densium.net

Last edited:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
I read that a torx screwdriver of some sort is required?

pls also update shipping schedule with suppliers/shipping agents/managers! @Densium.net
yeah they got that wrong its a 2mm hex screw socket.

Just for fun I took a Densium 4V2 case and extracted everything out the box that's inside, including the 2mm allen key, opps, in probably abou1 min. The accessory box is abit on the quality side so doesn't rip easily and took longer than I guessed but it can still be undone and if its in a plus case it will be easier with more space. Will post the vid at somepoint over the weekend.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Will spare front panels ever go on sale? Don't think the black/black variant existed when I preordered. Might try a little bit of DIY colour while I wait for AM5 news but it'd be good to know I wouldn't have to live with ruined wood

Hell a CAD file might do
I'll order some extra front panels next batch :)
@Densium.net, is there any update on the APU version of the case? Or is that on the back burner for now?
I've got something cookin :)

Can I pay by installments with my credit card?
Any prediction about restocking full black version?
I haven't added installment-payments to my website yet, but can add it if it's desired.