NCASE M1 V6 info

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
If you don’t want to spend extra then leave them as they are and you’ll be fine.
I've remembered that I have some NF A 12X15 FLX fans from my node 202, so I'm thinking I might go for the slims in a push/pull for the radiator since it should only add 5mm and use the 25's to exhaust the gpu. God this is gonna be overkill for a ryzen 3600 and an rtx 2070 fe. ? Forgot to mention I also have a 92 mm not sure that'll work but hey why not have 7 fans in an ncase m1. ??‍♂️

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Guys. Did V6 drastically improve GPU temps compared to V5?

I think it's the same, since I don't think it was that much of an difference between the two revisions in that aspect of the case. V6 basically has an dust filter on there and that may have some impact.

Maybe this video may give you some more info on that, since I do believe he mentions this aspect briefly. If I recall correctly.

mmmoishi

Case Bender
New User
May 21, 2020
This. For me, it came pre-installed on radiator mounting plate.

I would buy this and the rubber grommets and screws that go with it.

I plan on doing this: https://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1187220/3/35/358b3ff1_Gs9Wp5P.jpeg

Does anyone have a spare set of HDD brackets they wouldn't mind parting with (same as this user)? I've got a v2.0 case from 2014 that's going strong as a homelab build and can benefit from an additional 2 hard drives.

Reactions: yuserinterface

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Does anyone have a spare set of HDD brackets they wouldn't mind parting with (same as this user)? I've got a v2.0 case from 2014 that's going strong as a homelab build and can benefit from an additional 2 hard drives.

I’m hoping I can get my Ncase delivered in the next week. I don’t plan on using it so I can send it to you if you don’t mind waiting.

ChrisG

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 27, 2020
Just curious if anyone else had their case ship around April 24th and has seen no movement other than "in transit"? I totally get there is a world pandemic going on right now, but it's been almost a month with no updates.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Just curious if anyone else had their case ship around April 24th and has seen no movement other than "in transit"? I totally get there is a world pandemic going on right now, but it's been almost a month with no updates.

I can tell you that I have an other item in shipping as well, I haven't had an update for over 2 months. Just only recently got told by the shipping courier that it will take a minimum of 2 months longer before I might even recieve it.

The ongoing pandemic has really put a mark on international shippings. Some countries don't even use flights anymore due to the virus, only sea shipping and that takes way longer. Something that flights takes around a few days, sea takes 1-2 months.

With this said though, I'm aware that the waiting game is no fun and not having anymore information for some time can literally feel like it's killing you.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Guys. Did V6 drastically improve GPU temps compared to V5?
There should be at least some improvement due to the redesigned vents (on the side panels in particular). To quote what I said in another topic:
Incidentally, the M1's new side panels definitely help with keeping the video card cooler: when the fans start spinning under load, you can feel streams of hot air leaving the case through the vents at the sides.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The next tracking update after the initial "origin post is preparing shipment" is when it's processed through customs in the destination country, which can take a while depending how backed up they are (can be a lot during holidays and/or pandemics). Your tracking on 17track probably looks something like this:

There may be a date code in the Chinese language section which tells you the date it was scheduled to leave Taiwan. If it's after that date and you haven't seen any other updates, it's safe to assume it's sitting in customs in the destination country waiting to be processed.

You shouldn't rely only on 17track for tracking, especially for countries outside the US. Tracking through the local courier's website will provide more information on how to pay import fees (not required for the US) or to arrange delivery.

Reactions: thelaughingman

ChrisG

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 27, 2020
I can tell you that I have an other item in shipping as well, I haven't had an update for over 2 months. Just only recently got told by the shipping courier that it will take a minimum of 2 months longer before I might even recieve it.

The ongoing pandemic has really put a mark on international shippings. Some countries don't even use flights anymore due to the virus, only sea shipping and that takes way longer. Something that flights takes around a few days, sea takes 1-2 months.

With this said though, I'm aware that the waiting game is no fun and not having anymore information for some time can literally feel like it's killing you.

The next tracking update after the initial "origin post is preparing shipment" is when it's processed through customs in the destination country, which can take a while depending how backed up they are (can be a lot during holidays and/or pandemics). Your tracking on 17track probably looks something like this:

There may be a date code in the Chinese language section which tells you the date it was scheduled to leave Taiwan. If it's after that date and you haven't seen any other updates, it's safe to assume it's sitting in customs in the destination country waiting to be processed.

You shouldn't rely only on 17track for tracking, especially for countries outside the US. Tracking through the local courier's website will provide more information on how to pay import fees (not required for the US) or to arrange delivery.

Thank you both for the response!

I did visit USPS site and it just says they are awaiting the package to one of their facilities. I also checked Chunghwa Post's website and if I am reading the info correctly it looks like my package departed on May 6th, but if the package is on a ship that would explain why I haven't seen anything yet. If it went via air then it's probably just sitting at customs.

Thanks again, patiently waiting as this is the last piece of the puzzle for my new build.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I did visit USPS site and it just says they are awaiting the package to one of their facilities.
Right, the tracking won't update until it's through customs.

I also checked Chunghwa Post's website and if I am reading the info correctly it looks like my package departed on May 6th, but if the package is on a ship that would explain why I haven't seen anything yet. If it went via air then it's probably just sitting at customs.
All packages are sent by air. Ocean freight would take months.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Is there a reason why it is not possible to select germany for the shipping address?
IIRC, an electrical component of the case lacks a certain certification and, thus, could be held up at Customs.
So, this matter is being sorted out.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is there a reason why it is not possible to select germany for the shipping address?
There's a surprising number of people that email support asking this. Are you able to see the red-bordered alert box on the product page? It tells you why:

IIRC, an electrical component of the case lacks a certain certification and, thus, could be held up at Customs.
So, this matter is being sorted out.
This is no longer an issue. Starting in March, all new M1s carry the CE marking.

Reactions: fabio and Dawelio

winny

What's an ITX?
New User
May 28, 2020
Feels weird to pay $65 for shipping that takes months. Meanwhile, my wife has gotten several packages through EMS global shipping without issue, placed after my latest shipping update. From both China and Taiwan. When I attempt to track on the EMS website, it doesn't work. Is this actually EMS shipping?

Just got an EMS courier package delivered today that was ordered two weeks ago from Taiwan. Three times the size, delivered in a few days, no issues.

Reactions: Phreno

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Feels weird to pay $65 for shipping that takes months. Meanwhile, my wife has gotten several packages through EMS global shipping without issue, placed after my latest shipping update. From both China and Taiwan. When I attempt to track on the EMS website, it doesn't work. Is this actually EMS shipping?

Just got an EMS courier package delivered today that was ordered two weeks ago from Taiwan. Three times the size, delivered in a few days, no issues.
EMS tracking numbers start with EG or EE, non-EMS with CC usually.

What country are you in? If you're in the list of countries TWPS can't ship to then it may be stuck in limbo waiting for shipping to reopen. We closed orders for those countries as soon as TWPS posted the notice for a specific country, but there were a handful that were sent to TWPS before being closed. I've asked w360 to inquire with TWPS about these orders.

If you're in the US, I know from the number of people emailing support that ISC Los Angeles has been experiencing long delays for the past month or so. Not much we can do about that.

Phreno

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2020
I'm in Germany and I'm checking the Taiwan post for nearly a months now, and i'm struggling to understand what's going on.
on their statement the ban was until May 15, but by looking on wikipedia seems they have extended until may 31:

Seems their easing domestic flights aswell:

Is the ban still ongoing?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I'm in Germany and I'm checking the Taiwan post for nearly a months now, and i'm struggling to understand what's going on.
on their statement the ban was until May 15, but by looking on wikipedia seems they have extended until may 31:

Seems their easing domestic flights aswell:

Is the ban still ongoing?
Just so it's clear that only applies to the Philippines. Nothing to do with shipment to Germany.