NCASE M1 V6 info

dragos

Cable Smoosher
Apr 17, 2020
Well, now that my Ncase is on it's way I'm going back through my list of build parts (already ordered and on the way), and I believe I done goofed.

I went with the WD Black SN750 M2 drive w/ the heatsink, not realizing that my motherboard (Asus Rog Strix X570) already includes a heatsink for the M2 drive on the front. Now, after a bit of research I have discovered there is a second slot on the back of the motherboard for a another M2 drive, and was wondering if there would be enough clearance inside the Ncase to fit the SN750 w/heatsink in that slot? I seriously doubt it, but figured I would ask to make sure before I hassle with Newegg to swap out for the non-heatsink version.

Thanks in advance!
Well technically you don’t really need a cooler/heat sink on name’s so it’s more than safe to use it without something to cool it

Asukara

Case Bender
New User
Jan 22, 2019
Well, now that my Ncase is on it's way I'm going back through my list of build parts (already ordered and on the way), and I believe I done goofed.

I went with the WD Black SN750 M2 drive w/ the heatsink, not realizing that my motherboard (Asus Rog Strix X570) already includes a heatsink for the M2 drive on the front. Now, after a bit of research I have discovered there is a second slot on the back of the motherboard for a another M2 drive, and was wondering if there would be enough clearance inside the Ncase to fit the SN750 w/heatsink in that slot? I seriously doubt it, but figured I would ask to make sure before I hassle with Newegg to swap out for the non-heatsink version.

Thanks in advance!

Yes it fits, I have one in my setup

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
searched through the thread, but I didn’t see any good answers using the search function. What pump/res combo is recommended? I know the Iceman no longer works because the mounting is off now due to the changes in V6. I’ve seen someone use quick disconnects to fill their loop, but would like something like the Iceman res/pump.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
searched through the thread, but I didn’t see any good answers using the search function. What pump/res combo is recommended? I know the Iceman no longer works because the mounting is off now due to the changes in V6. I’ve seen someone use quick disconnects to fill their loop, but would like something like the Iceman res/pump.
No the Iceman does work. The early versions only had 80mm mounting holes so it didn't work when they removed those from the Ncase but the current version of the Iceman has 80mm and 92mm.

hehelol

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 12, 2020
V6.1 owners can I check if the screws mounting the fan bracket on the back of the case is longer than the M3 pan head mentioned in the manual?

Walk3r

Efficiency Noob
Apr 11, 2020
mine was shipped 4/23 and I'm in the US too, so maybe mine will arrive the end of next week?

I ordered for Apr 13-17 batch. Shipment notification was on 4/15. Said it would be delayed until 4/30 to leave origin country and I haven’t seen any movement on the tracker since then. I don’t think it’ll be quick.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Do keep in mind everyone that there's an ongoing pandemic in the world, so shipping times are vastly extended these days. Be patient.

Walk3r

Efficiency Noob
Apr 11, 2020
Good news! Tracking updated. Order placed April 10th for a 13-17 preorder window. Tracking just updated to say it’s now at US customs.

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Got my UJ-265 optical drive and this thing is so foreign to me lol. Does it require a connection to my power supply as well or just to my motherboard through SATA?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Got my UJ-265 optical drive and this thing is so foreign to me lol. Does it require a connection to my power supply as well or just to my motherboard through SATA?

As far as I'm aware, optical drives requires both SATA cable (for data) and a seperate SATA connector from your PSU (for power).