NCASE M1 V6 info

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I designed an ad-on for my v6 to house two slim fans at the top. I thought I would post the idea here for some constructive feedback, thoughts?

Very nice idea actually and something I've had thought about as well, ie how to possibly add some more fans on the top for better airflow. Very nice indeed.

Reactions: MDKenley

SenseiMela

Efficiency Noob
Apr 22, 2020
Got my UJ-265 optical drive and this thing is so foreign to me lol. Does it require a connection to my power supply as well or just to my motherboard through SATA?
The UJ-265 is also slimline SATA, it needs an adapter to connect to the full-size SATA power from your PSU. Something like this:

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Hello,

I was wondering, I have a Bose headphone with volume control on the cable. Is there any chances that I get these volume controls working with the front panel jack ?

Does it requires extra pins than the mic and headphones? (and then, no supported)
Or is this a motherboard and/or driver issue?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hello,

I was wondering, I have a Bose headphone with volume control on the cable. Is there any chances that I get these volume controls working with the front panel jack ?

Does it requires extra pins than the mic and headphones? (and then, no supported)
Or is this a motherboard and/or driver issue?

Umm, maybe it's just me but I'm not really following what you're asking exactly?... You have an inline control on the headphones cable itself, but want to control them with the front panel port.

Doesn't the control do it on the cable itself? Or does your headphones use dual connectors, ie one for mic and one for sound? Or is it just one connector for both audio sources?.

I'm a bit confused with your question, so apologies if my response may not be the best :p

Reactions: Amonchakai

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Umm, maybe it's just me but I'm not really following what you're asking exactly?... You have an inline control on the headphones cable itself, but want to control them with the front panel port.

Doesn't the control do it on the cable itself? Or does your headphones use dual connectors, ie one for mic and one for sound? Or is it just one connector for both audio sources?.

I'm a bit confused with your question, so apologies if my response may not be the best :p
Thanks for your reply :)

So yes, I have inline mic and inline controls, and I want to be able to use the inline control to control the volume on windows.

Currently, if I push the button of the in-line controls nothing happens in windows.

The headphones are plugged in the front panel using a dual connector, and both sound and mic is working.

So I was wondering if the in-line controls doesn't work because there are extra stuff missing in the jack of the front panel, or is it only the motherboard which does not recognize it.

Thrusher

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
Hey guys,

I am want to buy this case but I have one question. Is it possible somehow to have 3x USB-A ports on the front? I want use them for Wireless mouse (G305), keyboard (K63 with Lapboard) and Xbox Controller. or maybe use USB-C header some how?

My motherboard is B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI.

Thanks!

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
For these kind of things, just use the port of the motherboard on the back of the case. It does not have to be on the front, and it looks cleaner.

And you can also use a USB hub to save USB ports on the motherboard. Personally, I use the anker slim ones:
It is cheap and looks good :)

Thrusher

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
I was using ports on the back on my Sentry 2.0 and I found that Mouse was unusable and Keyboard 2 or 3 times missed keypress.
I think there is no problem if you have plastic case but aluminium or steel is different story. This is not a problem if you have PC near you but i wan't it to be sometimes on my desk and sometimes I want to play games on TV :)

Anyway really thanks for the link :)

XM1014

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 6, 2019
Would it be possible to get a USB-C cable for the front IO that terminates in a male USB-C connector instead of a type A? Most AMD ITX boards don't have the Type-A header and a lot of RTX GPU's have a USB-C Female on the back that I would like to reroute to the front of the case (Could just pass the cable through the grommets on the back of the case). I was just curious since I couldn't find any usb-c male to type a header cables, so was wondering if this would be a possibility at all.

Thrusher

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
Good idea but I have Amd PowerColor 5700 XT (2 fan version). Maybe i will wait for b550 motherboard and something will change.

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
I was using ports on the back on my Sentry 2.0 and I found that Mouse was unusable and Keyboard 2 or 3 times missed keypress.
I would suggest to use a USB cable extension + USB Hub and you put your Hub on your desk hidden behind the screen (so you don't see it), and it will be close to your peripheral so no reception problems :)

Thrusher

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
Thanks man for the advice but I have problems when I am playing in front of the TV. I disabled 2.4 WIFI so I will be testing more.

Flightpath

Efficiency Noob
May 19, 2020
Looking at the NCASE M1 and the Phanteks Evolv Shift side by side (however totally different cases, I know) I couldn't help but imagine the NCASE M1 with the same front panel as the Phanteks and I personally thought it would look amazing.

Having that potential gap on the sides (with mesh perhaps) would allow more airflow, with a few mods you'd have the ability to mount something like that NF-A9x14 up top with an SSD underneath would be great. Performance wise it may be marginal sure but aesthetically it'd look much nicer... after all the end goal here is to stuff as much stuff possible into a tiny case, right?!

Plus RGB boys would love the possibility of some cool effects...

This would be a great second option for a front panel, thoughts?

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
I've bitten the bullet on an arctic accellero x3. I already have nf a 12 x 15's on the bottom as intakes but I'm not sure these will be the best as I'm sure everybody else who's done this has used the 12 x 25's. I really dont want to spend another £50 to £60 on fans so does anybody else use these? I will be setting them to exhaust when it's all said and done.

Wengersky

What's an ITX?
New User
May 20, 2020
I've bitten the bullet on an arctic accellero x3. I already have nf a 12 x 15's on the bottom as intakes but I'm not sure these will be the best as I'm sure everybody else who's done this has used the 12 x 25's. I really dont want to spend another £50 to £60 on fans so does anybody else use these? I will be setting them to exhaust when it's all said and done.
I've got a similar setup - two NF-A12X25 PWM and an Accelero X3 - it fits nicely. Just don't try to mount the fans on the X3. Instead, mount them on the bottom as exhaust. OptimumTech did the same and I can also confirm that the results are wonderful. I even stepped up a notch and turned the whole case upside down. (Had to buy a few self-adhesive rubber feet, though.) Just this latter decreased the GPU temp by 4-6°C. This way the hot air has no chance to get back into the case as it is pulled out at the top. Btw, I'm using a 1080Ti FE with +110 MHz on GPU and +500 MHz on memory, and it never reached 60°C @ 1500 RPM. I'm really happy with it.

Reactions: Titchiboi

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
I've got a similar setup - two NF-A12X25 PWM and an Accelero X3 - it fits nicely. Just don't try to mount the fans on the X3. Instead, mount them on the bottom as exhaust. OptimumTech did the same and I can also confirm that the results are wonderful. I even stepped up a notch and turned the whole case upside down. (Had to buy a few self-adhesive rubber feet, though.) Just this latter decreased the GPU temp by 4-6°C. This way the hot air has no chance to get back into the case as it is pulled out at the top. Btw, I'm using a 1080Ti FE with +110 MHz on GPU and +500 MHz on memory, and it never reached 60°C @ 1500 RPM. I'm really happy with it.
I have 2 of the 12X25's on my radiator but only the slim 12X15's on the bottom should I just swap them or leave them as is?