NCASE M1 V6 info

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
People, do keep in mind that there’s an ongoing pandemic in the world. International shipping is being heavily impacted by this and does most likely take longer in some cases.

Some countries are still on lockdown and some have temporarily even shut down any international shipments. Which is also stated on M1’s product page, at the moment they do not ship to several countries cause of this.

So be patient, shipping and updates will most likely take a lot longer in these times and all we can do is try to be patient and staying safe!

Reactions: 3lfk1ng and dragos

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Anybody install their optical drive yet? Would love pictures/advice. Just want to make sure the Panasonic UJ 265 fits before I purchase!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Anybody install their optical drive yet? Would love pictures/advice. Just want to make sure the Panasonic UJ 265 fits before I purchase!

Found this image on Google:

ChrisG

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 27, 2020
Well, now that my Ncase is on it's way I'm going back through my list of build parts (already ordered and on the way), and I believe I done goofed.

I went with the WD Black SN750 M2 drive w/ the heatsink, not realizing that my motherboard (Asus Rog Strix X570) already includes a heatsink for the M2 drive on the front. Now, after a bit of research I have discovered there is a second slot on the back of the motherboard for a another M2 drive, and was wondering if there would be enough clearance inside the Ncase to fit the SN750 w/heatsink in that slot? I seriously doubt it, but figured I would ask to make sure before I hassle with Newegg to swap out for the non-heatsink version.

Thanks in advance!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Well, now that my Ncase is on it's way I'm going back through my list of build parts (already ordered and on the way), and I believe I done goofed.

I went with the WD Black SN750 M2 drive w/ the heatsink, not realizing that my motherboard (Asus Rog Strix X570) already includes a heatsink for the M2 drive on the front. Now, after a bit of research I have discovered there is a second slot on the back of the motherboard for a another M2 drive, and was wondering if there would be enough clearance inside the Ncase to fit the SN750 w/heatsink in that slot? I seriously doubt it, but figured I would ask to make sure before I hassle with Newegg to swap out for the non-heatsink version.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, I don't think it will. That heatsink looks rather thick and it will interfere with the side panel once on. Since there's no space between the back of the motherboard tray and the back side panel.

This heatsink will bump out a bit, atleast that's what I think looking at these images and imagining inside the V6.1, which I have as well, but not using anymore.

Below is an official product picture from WD themselves.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Why don't you just put it in the M.2 slot on the front? Those heatsinks doesn't really do much in terms of cooling, unless you have like active cooling on them, which you won't at the back of the motherboard.

There's next to no reason to use a heatsink, since M.2 drives won't get that hot anyway during daily usage. It's when you start to do some really have workloads constantly that they might get warm over a longer periods of time. But during daily usage, not an issue at all really.

Plus the motherboard you have, the front one has a heatsink on it already - use that on the M.2 drive instead. Both being used as a heatsink and is hidden, since the heatsink is part of the motherboard.

ChrisG

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 27, 2020
I thought about just removing the heatsink that comes with the drive, but I read somewhere they use some sort of glue and didn't want to mess with that. I also was thinking of just removing the motherboard heatsink and use the drive as is, wouldn't that work?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I guess it would work, only that personally I wouldn't think that that would look any good. Plus you loose that RGB logo on the heatsink, that is if you care about it.

Personally I went with the X470-I over the X570-I, wasn't anything that I lost going X470 over X570. Sure, PCI-E 4.0. Although today there are only a few NVMe M.2 drives that uses 4.0 and using that in day to day usage is a waste. Plus today, 3.0 isn't even being utilised to it's fullest potential. So even more of a loss going X570 really, when the older variant does the job just fine.