NCASE M1 V6 info

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
welp, still waiting on an email, but ill be as patient as i can :)

Congratz to everyone who has gotten their tracking numbers, fun times for you all ahead! :)

But as Plaklijm above, I'm also one who is still waiting for an update on my order unfortunately...

Reactions: Plaklijm

Quantum

Cable Smoosher
New User
Dec 20, 2019
I am going to transfer my hardware into the M1 and read this thread for 2 months now. I use a ryzen 7 2700x on an ASrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac and rtx 2070 Ventus. I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me out:
1. Which fans do you use under the gpu and should they be oriented as exhaust or intake?
2. Will the C14 fit on the mainbord or interfere with the VRMs?
3. I´m still unsure wether to use a U9S or the C14. I already understood that the C14S is the better performer, but I am not sure which fans to use and how. I would like to keep the PSU in the standard position to keep its temps low and the fan quiet. So as I understood there are several options and I wonder what works best.
- 92 mm in the back, 120mm under the c14
-92mm in the back, 120mm under the c14, 1 or 2 x120mm slim fans on the side bracket
-92 mm in the back, 1 or 2 x120mm slim fans on the side bracket.
Is there any noise that is created by the air passing through the side panel? I experiencing it in the kolink rocket I am using at the Moment with th GPU fans creating such noise. If that is the same on the M1, I would choose the U9S.
I really appreaciate the work you all put into testing and then sharing your results.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
I am going to transfer my hardware into the M1 and read this thread for 2 months now. I use a ryzen 7 2700x on an ASrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac and rtx 2070 Ventus. I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me out:
1. Which fans do you use under the gpu and should they be oriented as exhaust or intake?
2. Will the C14 fit on the mainbord or interfere with the VRMs?
3. I´m still unsure wether to use a U9S or the C14. I already understood that the C14S is the better performer, but I am not sure which fans to use and how. I would like to keep the PSU in the standard position to keep its temps low and the fan quiet. So as I understood there are several options and I wonder what works best.
- 92 mm in the back, 120mm under the c14
-92mm in the back, 120mm under the c14, 1 or 2 x120mm slim fans on the side bracket
-92 mm in the back, 1 or 2 x120mm slim fans on the side bracket.
Is there any noise that is created by the air passing through the side panel? I experiencing it in the kolink rocket I am using at the Moment with th GPU fans creating such noise. If that is the same on the M1, I would choose the U9S.
I really appreaciate the work you all put into testing and then sharing your results.
i cant help you with 2 and 3, but with 1 i can help. Fans is your option, but get ones that are pretty quiet and pretty good, i would buy noctua fans, but they can get expensive so just look around wich fans fit with your clearance. And i would recommend to put it as intake, because when the fans on the GPU turn on, and your fans beneath it are as exhaust, they will fight for the air and wont be good at all, and as intake it will cool the GPU without its fans turning, and so helping your GPU with lower temps. And as for 2,3 i would recommend going a few pages back where a lot of discusion was about the cooler, and otherwise if anyone else can help with that, would also be great

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
i cant help you with 2 and 3, but with 1 i can help. Fans is your option, but get ones that are pretty quiet and pretty good, i would buy noctua fans, but they can get expensive so just look around wich fans fit with your clearance. And i would recommend to put it as intake, because when the fans on the GPU turn on, and your fans beneath it are as exhaust, they will fight for the air and wont be good at all, and as intake it will cool the GPU without its fans turning, and so helping your GPU with lower temps. And as for 2,3 i would recommend going a few pages back where a lot of discusion was about the cooler, and otherwise if anyone else can help with that, would also be great

@lordzorg for your new window panel, so hopefully they release it quickly

In the future, try multi-quoting several users posts instead of making 5 different posts. Just like I did in this post, with your own 5 different posts :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
That's unfortunate. The circular feet were the only part I didn't like about it.
Could @Necere confirm that the new square feet will not fit on older versions of the m1?
I plan on getting that along with the replacement front io kit
The new feet will work with the old cases, they just need different screws. The V6+ screw holes for the feet are M4 threaded, whereas <=V5 are M3 threaded. The M3 screws used with the <=V5 feet are too small for the new feet.

W360 has plans to offer the feet along with screws that will work for <=V5.

Reactions: Maniac

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Wow, I finally received the "Shipping update for order #" email yesterday night and today it's already been processed by Canada Customs in Richmond, B.C. and is now with Canada Post to deliver to me in Ottawa, Ontario. The delivery estimate is 1 to 12 business days which is very vague, but possibly understandable given how busy shipping is at this time of year and the fact that I paid for the least expensive shipping option. Maybe it will be driven across Canada instead of flown. I'll post an update about any fees I have to pay.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Wow, I finally received the "Shipping update for order #" email yesterday night and today it's already been processed by Canada Customs in Richmond, B.C. and is now with Canada Post to deliver to me in Ottawa, Ontario. The delivery estimate is 1 to 12 business days which is very vague, but possibly understandable given how busy shipping is at this time of year and the fact that I paid for the least expensive shipping option. Maybe it will be driven across Canada instead of flown. I'll post an update about any fees I have to pay.

I live down the road from you in Toronto, you'll have it by next week

Reactions: Plaklijm and Qrash

mcmoser

Case Bender
New User
Dec 14, 2019
Mine too is in Richmond, I hope I'll get it soon because I live in Nelson, BC! Did you have to pay customs fees?

Looking forward to hearing what the customs will be as I'm in Montreal myself. May I ask when you guys ordered?