NCASE M1 V6 info

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Finally put my V6 together and had to restart my computer today, made a loud click noice when turning back on and off. Sounds like the power button but can anybody else comment on this? Maybe I’m just being paranoid, no cables are hitting any fans or anything.

xSDMx

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
Finally put my V6 together and had to restart my computer today, made a loud click noice when turning back on and off. Sounds like the power button but can anybody else comment on this? Maybe I’m just being paranoid, no cables are hitting any fans or anything.

Are you sure it's not the power control relay in you PSU clicking off and on?

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Are you sure it's not the power control relay in you PSU clicking off and on?

That could be it, I have a Corsair SF600. Is this normal/common or should I RMA it? Just really not used to hearing this sound lol, it's a little jarring coming from an older CXM that made no noises.

xSDMx

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
That could be it, I have a Corsair SF600. Is this normal/common or should I RMA it? Just really not used to hearing this sound lol, it's a little jarring coming from an older CXM that made no noises.

Yeah. That's normal for the SF600. My SF750 is the same way. The relay is usually used to switch between standby and main power and helps improve the efficiency. I don't think there is a single worthwhile SFX PSU on the market right now that doesn't use this same design. My Seasonic and EVGA SFX PSUs also have this audible click.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Never noticed the click, since it's so subtle, but I have it too on my corsair sf750 platinum.

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019

I think it is normal for a relay to make such noise. Just SF series is a little more noisy.

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Just want to give a BIG THANK YOU to all the great guys working at sfflabs and everyone that’s apart of the M1 team like Necere, Dan and the rest! Thank you for helping me out on getting my front panel replaced. It arrived way earlier than expected and that made it the best part of all. Awesome surprise!

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
Yeah. That's normal for the SF600. My SF750 is the same way. The relay is usually used to switch between standby and main power and helps improve the efficiency. I don't think there is a single worthwhile SFX PSU on the market right now that doesn't use this same design. My Seasonic and EVGA SFX PSUs also have this audible click.
Can confirm it makes a pretty loud click. I have the sf750 too.

Reactions: xSDMx

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Running into another problem lol.

When pressing the power button, it boots but then turns off. And then powers on again, but doesn’t stay on. I can hear the fans starting to run, but sometimes it will take several tries or me holding the power button for it to finally stay on. Probably takes about 30 seconds to try and boot. Otherwise, it works perfectly fine, runs fine, plays games well and temps are good.

Already opened it up and checked if everything was seated securely which everything is, yet the problem still persists. Ram is seated, all cables firmly in their places, front IO and power switch put properly.

Solutions?

Edit: Ryzen 1600, B350 mobo, GTX 960, SF600 Plat.

Last edited:

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019

When pressing the power button, it boots but then turns off. And then powers on again, but doesn’t stay on. I can hear the fans starting to run, but sometimes it will take several tries or me holding the power button for it to finally stay on. Probably takes about 30 seconds to try and boot. Otherwise, it works perfectly fine, runs fine, plays games well and temps are good.

Already opened it up and checked if everything was seated securely which everything is, yet the problem still persists. Ram is seated, all cables firmly in their places, front IO and power switch put properly.

Solutions?
My ryzen 7 3700x on asus b450i always turns on 2 times: fans start to spin, rgb goes on, then turns off and boots fine second time. Maybe because ryzen 3000 is not totally compatible and needs another check?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015

Solutions?

I had this problem a few years ago with my son's M1. Some CPU pins were bent in the socket and the motherboard (Asus Z170I Pro Gaming) was replaced via RMA. After it was replaced the Corsair SF600 started normally.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019

Solutions?

Hey!

This could be memory. What is the SPEED you are running? B350 normally supports only up to 2400mhz without OC. More than that enters in OC mode, which will behave differently in each motherboard. If you have XMP profile, try to set it up and put also the MHZ without AUTO (so if it is 3000, turn on XMP and also set the memory speed to 3000).

Edit: If the motherboard has XMP profile as AUTO (which normally does), and your kit is XMP higher than 2400 (OC mode), this long boots and reboots can be justified: your MB is trying some memory settings. Once it finally boots (after a long time) it is probably on the safer mode (which is 2133mhz).

You can check your current memory speed on Windows with software, or just type this in the command line:
wmic memorychip get speed

Cheers man

Last edited:
Reactions: EndEffeKt

lawtsai

Trash Compacter
Sep 3, 2019
@Necere I have the same Gigabyte X570 I motherboard and have ordered the Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 cooler, will it have the same issue as the Noctua C14S with the top panel not closing?

Have you tried fitting the Thermalright 130mm with the Gigabyte board yet? I just RMAd my Asus x570-i for being DOA and am going to purchase the gigabyte instead. The silver arrow fit the asus without issue but am curious if it will fit the Gigabyte.

Leith

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2019
Haven’t been here for a while.. Are we sure now, that there will be the silver Ncase too for the Dec order ?

jrasero

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2019
Just finished my build with the Impact and corsair h100i v2. No interference whatsoever. Just don’t buy the 100i v2 (I had to use it cause I bought it over 6 months ago, way before I decided to build in the ncase). It got thick tubes and they are really hard to bend.

You sure can. The NCase M1 V6 is the perfect case for the Impact. I went with the Corsair H100i RGB Platinum and while it performs well and is pretty with the RGB the iCue software is pure garbage and the USB would constantly disconnect and reconnect making the fans constantly spin up and down. I am running the fans directly to the motherboard as a result.

Inside Ncase M1 V6

Last edited:

jrasero

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2019
Hey guys realise everyone is probably just enjoying their new PC's rather than following this thread but I'd like to ask the guys with rtx cards what their noise levels vs their thermals are like. Got an rtx 2070 super and to clarify I'm happy with thermals but trying to maintain them needs highish fan rpm. The rtx fans seem to be pretty loud tbh but I'm really considering throwing the accelero 3 in there and using my two nf 12x15 as exhausts. Anyone else in the same situation?

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra with a Corsair H100i RGB Pro in exhaust has the card at 69-72 degrees depending on the game at Ultra/High 3440x1440

Reactions: Qrash