NCASE M1 V6 info

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
It is strange, usually coil wine comes with high FPS. If you decrease resolution, FPS should go up and so the coil wine.
On the other hand, the load on the PSU may decrease as the GPU must be less busy and drain less power.
I don't know where it comes from, but that seems a bit contradictory to me with the GPU fault hypothesis.
I'd think it'd be the GPU, too. Mine (GTX 1060) used to do that too when doing something more demanding. For example, playing high quality anime files with madVR filters enabled. The whine would stop when the video was paused. Come to think of it, I haven't heard it in a long while but I do have an SF450 so it might have been the source, as my SF450 does have other problems, as well (clicking, noisy fan).
yea it’s my gpu... just never used to whine. Might be either the psu or the fact that I put the accelero on and took off all those stock plates and thermal pads and now everything is out in the open. But I did notice the whine is less when I reduce the FPS or power draw. I undervolted it last night and it reduced the noise by like 40% .... when I change the resolution from 1440p to 1080p it goes away

Last edited:

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
What are your specs? Can't seem to find them. When you draw almost 80-100% of the psu, the voltages and resistances change in small ways and could result in resonance in the capacitors and therefore coil whine in the psu or the graphics card. Sometimes a better/more wattage psu can give a more stable power to the gpu and also result in no coil whine. Just stating what I found when I discovered my 515 euro strix has coilwhine... Though this won't go away sadly...
Hey, 3700x, MSI b450i, 3600mhz 16gb crucial, GTX 1080ti, Corsair sf 600 gold. So my card never used to make any noise like that, however, I was using it with the stock cooler and an EVGA g3 750w. I recently put the accelero iii on it and changed the psu. The whine is very load with it at stock settings, I was able to reduce it by like 30-40% by undervolting it and capping the FPS. I also noticed that it completely stops when I change from 1440p resolution to 1080p. Which is weird, I’ve always used it at 1440p.

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
I'm wondering on if I will be able to use a kraken x52 or a Corsair h100i with the ROG Crosshair Impact VIII, whilst using the dimm.2 slot, I'm unsure on what the clearance would be and didn't want to take a plunge on the purchase if I'm going to run into clearance issues!
Just finished my build with the Impact and corsair h100i v2. No interference whatsoever. Just don’t buy the 100i v2 (I had to use it cause I bought it over 6 months ago, way before I decided to build in the ncase). It got thick tubes and they are really hard to bend.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
yea it’s my gpu... just never used to whine. Might be either the psu or the fact that I put the accelero on and took off all those stock plates and thermal pads and now everything is out in the open. But I did notice the whine is less when I reduce the FPS or power draw. I undervolted it last night and it reduced the noise by like 40% .... when I change the resolution from 1440p to 1080p it goes away
Could be why in notice mine less now. Will try that out. It's all about certain currents on the capacitors. Every capacitors vibrates but it's just about what frequency.

SunnyHere

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2019
@Necere
I noticed four lines of fan mounting position was designed in the bottom plate. the inner lines were used for mounting 12cm fans. What's the purpose of the outer lines? For 14cm fans? it seems to me that adding two 14cm fans at the bottom.will lead to interference with front IO cables, though.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere
I noticed four lines of fan mounting position was designed in the bottom plate. the inner lines were used for mounting 12cm fans. What's the purpose of the outer lines? For 14cm fans? it seems to me that adding two 14cm fans at the bottom.will lead to interference with front IO cables, though.
They are spaced for 140mm fans, yes. However, there isn't quite 140mm across the width of the case between the clips that secure the side panels, so normal 140mm fans won't fit. They're there so people can experiment with using round framed fans, modded fans, removing the clips, etc.

Hixbot

Cable Smoosher
Aug 20, 2019
GPU coil whine can sometimes be fixed by replacing the power supply, also a power conditioner or true sine wave UPS on the mains.

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
GPU coil whine can sometimes be fixed by replacing the power supply, also a power conditioner or true sine wave UPS on the mains.
Interesting, I didn’t know this. At my old apartment I used to have my pc connected to a unit like that. Lol, as I mentioned before I never heard coil whine from my gpu before. Going to try the psu first. Then I’ll try other options but thank you for the heads up. I’ll add that as a possible option.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
Hey guys realise everyone is probably just enjoying their new PC's rather than following this thread but I'd like to ask the guys with rtx cards what their noise levels vs their thermals are like. Got an rtx 2070 super and to clarify I'm happy with thermals but trying to maintain them needs highish fan rpm. The rtx fans seem to be pretty loud tbh but I'm really considering throwing the accelero 3 in there and using my two nf 12x15 as exhausts. Anyone else in the same situation?

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018

I now use a Kraken G12 and a H55 on my 1080 Ti. Since doing this all I hear is coil whine. I put it down to the fact the old heat sink blocked / absorbed some of the sound, and the fans masked the rest. Now the fan is silent I can hear the whine really loudly. Is by far the loudest component.

jikan

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 24, 2019
They are spaced for 140mm fans, yes. However, there isn't quite 140mm across the width of the case between the clips that secure the side panels, so normal 140mm fans won't fit. They're there so people can experiment with using round framed fans, modded fans, removing the clips, etc.

perfect for 140mm fan with 120mm mounting. just need remove usb and audio front io connector

Reactions: JaPeMo

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
I now use a Kraken G12 and a H55 on my 1080 Ti. Since doing this all I hear is coil whine. I put it down to the fact the old heat sink blocked / absorbed some of the sound, and the fans masked the rest. Now the fan is silent I can hear the whine really loudly. Is by far the loudest component.
Dang man, I guess I’m not the only one! The old cooler and heat sink was certainly holding it all down and dampening that coil whine. Now that it’s all out in the open you can hear it loud and clear. I tried swapping the psu yesterday and nothing. So I’m living with it for now, I under volted it and it brought the noise down a fair amount

Reactions: C3N0B1T3

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
OT: not related to V6 order

What is the size of the circular rubber grommet on the rear? Where can I get replacement?