NCASE M1 V6 info

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
is an SFX psu small enough that when it is sitting against the front panel in the v6, you can still get a 120mm fan on the side panel hole closest to the front?

seba

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2019
If using the ATX position you'll need to mount the fan inwards facing the motherboard. Temps should be fine, people mount fan-in in the SFX position all the time without issues.

OK. Thank you for your advice.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
If you travel often (like in my case) those 4mm in the bag will make a difference

I travel bi-weekly and monthly for work by vehicle and plane depending on the office or client site I need to go to. I also carry my case in things from large luggage bags (rimowa) to duffle bags and even backpacks (tom bihn). I can get an Ncase with 4mm of extra space in all of these things. 4mm is a 1/10th of an inch or a more relative example to think about would be around half the thickness of an iphone. Don't tell me that space is stopping people from traveling with it.

Again, I am happy with the dimensions of the case, but let's not be naive here.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I travel bi-weekly and monthly for work by vehicle and plane depending on the office or client site I need to go to. I also carry my case in things from large luggage bags (rimowa) to duffle bags and even backpacks (tom bihn). I can get an Ncase with 4mm of extra space in all of these things. 4mm is a 1/10th of an inch or a more relative example to think about would be around half the thickness of an iphone. Don't tell me that space is stopping people from traveling with it.

Again, I am happy with the dimensions of the case, but let's not be naive here.
4mm alone wouldn't be the problem, the problem is that is where it starts. Guaranteed if Necere increased any of the dimensions there would be many, many requests to increase other dimensions. Necere drew a line in the sand and is not going to move it, if he did you would end up with a H200.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Where did this 4mm thing come from? 4mm doesn't get you anything meaningful in terms of compatibility. The next step up is at 25-30mm, where you could fit 160mm tower coolers.

is an SFX psu small enough that when it is sitting against the front panel in the v6, you can still get a 120mm fan on the side panel hole closest to the front?
Unfortunately no.

Reactions: iso982

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
BTW, since the back of the case has been redesigned, the MNPC vertical mount may need to be redesigned as well.

Hi, could you go into more detail about how the back of the case has been redesigned?

Thanks! Looking forward to receiving my preordered v6.

Edit: sorry, this is my first ncase. I'm reviewing the first page of change notes and trying to pick out the type of changes that might create incompatibility with previous versions.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
4mm alone wouldn't be the problem, the problem is that is where it starts. Guaranteed if Necere increased any of the dimensions there would be many, many requests to increase other dimensions. Necere drew a line in the sand and is not going to move it, if he did you would end up with a H200.
The narrative keeps changing. I agree with the "it would be just the beginning" problems. I'm just saying for people saying it wouldn't be a ncase anymore they sound silly.

Where did this 4mm thing come from? 4mm doesn't get you anything meaningful in terms of compatibility. The next step up is at 25-30mm, where you could fit 160mm tower coolers.

Unfortunately no.

4mm was originally brought up for added room at the bottom of the case to fit 140mm fans comfortably without shaving fan cases or side clips to make them fit. Ideally, to make a noctua fan fit.

gergely.feher

Efficiency Noob
Aug 3, 2019
Is it possible to order side panel (right, motherboard side) separately?
On the website only the left panel (fan bracket) is available.

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Hi @Necere , I have ordered m1, and need some help in sizing info for parts.

With respect to the following specs, does it mean with a 130mm CPU heatsink, there is enough space to mount two side fans on the bracket?
For the 120mm side fan, any height limit applicable?
  • CPU Cooler Support - Maximum height: 130mm with side fan bracket installed, 135mm without
  • Fan Support - Side (fan bracket): 2x 120mm

For Nvme m2 mounting at the back of motherboard, what is the distance between the nvme to the side panel, and what's the height limit for nvme that come with build-in heatsink?
Also I want to see if it is possible to use heatpipe to bridge between the nvme and side pannel, since aluminium is a good for heat dissipation. What's the distance that need to bridge thru?

Thank you for your help :)

hlives

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2019
I've added a FAQ to the first post, check there first to see if it answers your question.
Is it possible to ship out the first batch earlier than Sep 20th?
the first batch was said enough to buy until Sep 15th. But it run out in early August. This may exceed your expect and the order with LL. and you are taking time to open another preorder.

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
With respect to the following specs, does it mean with a 130mm CPU heatsink, there is enough space to mount two side fans on the bracket?
For the 120mm side fan, any height limit applicable?
  • CPU Cooler Support - Maximum height: 130mm with side fan bracket installed, 135mm without
  • Fan Support - Side (fan bracket): 2x 120mm
It means that you have 130mm between the motherboard and side bracket. If you put something on the side bracket, like fans, it use that space.

The information about the fan support just tell you what kind of fans you can put on that side bracket.

Regarding the space behind the board, I haven't read anything about it. Would be curious about the answer :)

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
It means that you have 130mm between the motherboard and side bracket. If you put something on the side bracket, like fans, it use that space.

The information about the fan support just tell you what kind of fans you can put on that side bracket.

Regarding the space behind the board, I haven't read anything about it. Would be curious about the answer :)

Thanks for the info :)

Shall wait for more info on the nvme mounting at the back of mb.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
For Nvme m2 mounting at the back of motherboard, what is the distance between the nvme to the side panel, and what's the height limit for nvme that come with build-in heatsink?
Also I want to see if it is possible to use heatpipe to bridge between the nvme and side pannel, since aluminium is a good for heat dissipation. What's the distance that need to bridge thru?

Thank you for your help :)
Not sure offhand what the height of the m.2 is. From the back of the motherboard to the right side panel is 11mm though.

Is it possible to ship out the first batch earlier than Sep 20th?
the first batch was said enough to buy until Sep 15th. But it run out in early August. This may exceed your expect and the order with LL. and you are taking time to open another preorder.
Production is supposed to be done by mid September, I believe. So that's the earliest cases can ship.