NCASE M1 V6 info

Kruger

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
So I just discovered the vertical GPU mounting bracket from mnpctech.

With the new changes in the V6 M1, is it possible to fit 2 120mm AIO's on the bottom of the case with the front i/o removed? I did some crude math and with some plain Asetek radiators it would add up to about 292 mm, is the 290mm reported measurement firm?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere why did you increase the thickness of the top panel to 2mm? If it was for structural reasons I guess you would have increased also the other panels no?
We were initially going to make all the panels 2mm for the added rigidity and sense of quality the heavier gauge material offers, but it introduced some cosmetic issues with the front and side panels. So I settled on just the top panel.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So I just discovered the vertical GPU mounting bracket from mnpctech.

With the new changes in the V6 M1, is it possible to fit 2 120mm AIO's on the bottom of the case with the front i/o removed? I did some crude math and with some plain Asetek radiators it would add up to about 292 mm, is the 290mm reported measurement firm?
No it's not a hard limit. The hard limit is closer to 295-305mm, depending on where you're measuring. It's the lesser on the bottom 5mm due to the power button connector, but just above that it's the greater. The 290mm limit applies to graphics cards, taking into account the need for extra installation clearance.

BTW, since the back of the case has been redesigned, the MNPC vertical mount may need to be redesigned as well.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere Can the bottom magnetic dust filter be reused as a top panel filter?
No it cannot. Well, not unless you were okay literally just setting it on top. But the top is non-ferrous so the filter (which attaches magnetically) won't stick to it.

gergely.feher

Efficiency Noob
Aug 3, 2019
Hello,
1) is it any chance to get ncase m1 in color white?
2) Regarding the tempered glass side panel: Is it will be available to order the case with TG or I have to order the standard model and later the TG side panel separately (like an accessory)?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello,
1) is it any chance to get ncase m1 in color white?
2) Regarding the tempered glass side panel: Is it will be available to order the case with TG or I have to order the standard model and later the TG side panel separately (like an accessory)?
1. No, it will only be available in anodized silver or black finishes. It's not possible to get an anodized white finish, FYI.

2. Current plan is for the TG panel to be available separately only.

Ola

Chassis Packer
Jun 29, 2018
I ordered the V6 a few days ago.

I use a Kolink Rocket Mini-ITX today, but I'm not happy with the small CPU-cooling footprint it allows.
The fans are quite noisy and CPU is thermal throttling often.

Looking forward to do a custom watercooled build after I've delidded my 8700K, and getting a full waterblock for my ASUS 1080Ti Turbo GPU.

gergely.feher

Efficiency Noob
Aug 3, 2019
1. No, it will only be available in anodized silver or black finishes. It's not possible to get an anodized white finish, FYI.

2. Current plan is for the TG panel to be available separately only.

Thanks for the quick answer! :)

1) hmm... What do you think how they want to do white with the ghost s1? Do you have any information or idea?

"Arctic A very special anodize method allows us to offer this unique white version, glossier than the other two and more expensive to produce, that's why we need to charge you another 250 SEK for this option and no additional cost for TopHats in with this finish"
Alternatively do you have info that anybody painted a Ncase to white somehow?

2) Thanks, than I will order a black one asap! Update: nope... Sold out! :(
Any chance to order one in the close future?

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks for the quick answer! :)

1) hmm... What do you think how they want to do white with the ghost s1? Do you have any information or idea?

"Arctic A very special anodize method allows us to offer this unique white version, glossier than the other two and more expensive to produce, that's why we need to charge you another 250 SEK for this option and no additional cost for TopHats in with this finish"
Alternatively do you have info that anybody painted a Ncase to white somehow?
Not sure exactly what process Louqe is using. See this article for a technical explanation of why you can't anodize in white. They mention an acid-etching process that can get something like an off-white, so it may be that or some other coating on the Ghost.

2) Thanks, than I will order a black one asap! Update: nope... Sold out! :(
Any chance to order one in the close future?
Preorders should be back again sometime this month. They won't ship until mid-late September though, regardless.

seba

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2019
In the tests I ran, the C14S in low profile mode with a 140mm fan beat the C14 even with 3x120mm fans. Now that the V6 allows for PSU mounting in the front out of the box, there's no reason to try to snag a C14 anymore.

Which way should I mount the PSU in the ATX position when using the C14S with a 140mm fan?
The fan facing front or back(fan facing motherboard side) ?
Or will it be better for the PSU to mount it in SFX position with the 120mm and the PSU fan facing outside (fan facing vented holes) ?

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Which way should I mount the PSU in the ATX position when using the C14S with a 140mm fan?
The fan facing front or back(fan facing motherboard side) ?
Or will it be better for the PSU to mount it in SFX position with the 120mm and the PSU fan facing outside (fan facing vented holes) ?

If using the ATX position you'll need to mount the fan inwards facing the motherboard. Temps should be fine, people mount fan-in in the SFX position all the time without issues.

gergely.feher

Efficiency Noob
Aug 3, 2019
Not sure exactly what process Louqe is using. See this article for a technical explanation of why you can't anodize in white. They mention an acid-etching process that can get something like an off-white, so it may be that or some other coating on the Ghost.

I think I will try custom painting.
Is it possible to order a case + extra front and extra side panel (for the painting)?