NCASE M1 V6 info

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
It is not discontinued, it is only the former version C14 which is disconnected. See:

But from my research looking at dozens of benchmarks, it does not seems that the performance are that exceptional compared to a Kabuto 3, or a dark rock tf.

Plus there are also issues with some motherboards like the Asus rog strix Z390i where the IO shield is too big and the C14s cannot be used.

In my understanding, the C14 was popular because you could mount 2 fans and it would still fit in the M1. Which is not the case for the C14S.

So I would also support your choice for the be quiet one
Yes c14 is best, but you have to get lucky. And as I adviced, do some research on the components you want to use (like you always should on sff builds anyway).

Before you buy a Dark rock tf, take a look at This log and recommendations. This guy had so many challenges and would not recommend this cooler.

Last edited:

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Optimumtech has made lots of ncase m1 video's on youtube and had to undervolt his 2080ti. It could be fine, but better take a less hungry card for the thermals (though the new ventilation holes may help a lot).

Wasn't that a FE card?

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Yes c14 is best, but you have to get lucky. And as I adviced, do some research on the components you want to use (like you always should on sff builds anyway).

Before you buy a Dark rock tf, take a look at This log and recommendations. This guy had so many challenges and would not recommend this cooler.

In the tests I ran, the C14S in low profile mode with a 140mm fan beat the C14 even with 3x120mm fans. Now that the V6 allows for PSU mounting in the front out of the box, there's no reason to try to snag a C14 anymore.

Reactions: Nanook

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
Wondering if anyone has tried using the Seasonic focus SFX-L. I recently purchased but am wondering if the cables with push against back of full size GPU?

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Wasn't that a FE card?
True, so a strix like beast card with big heatsink would have good temps, but you would have to mod it like mentioned earlier. Smaller 2080ti's have less cooling and come closer to the FE problems I would guess. I havent done much research on that card, since I don't have the money, nor would I spend 600 bucks more to get 20 fps more over a 2080.

Reactions: AlexH

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
Haha... V5 version is enough for me, unless you are willing to relax the CPU limit to 158mm so that I can install NH-U12A. In addition, the GPU length limit is widened to 330 mm. But I think that's impossible. Thank you for making V6 installation easier.

Maybe I will buy V7 or V8 after you relax the restrictions on CPU and GPU. HAHA....?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Haha... V5 version is enough for me, unless you are willing to relax the CPU limit to 158mm so that I can install NH-U12A. In addition, the GPU length limit is widened to 330 mm. But I think that's impossible. Thank you for making V6 installation easier.

Maybe I will buy V7 or V8 after you relax the restrictions on CPU and GPU. HAHA....?

Necere has repeatedly stated that increasing dimensions will NOT happen, as that would be a new chassis, not a revision of the M1...

Reactions: M1AF

Paulson

Case Bender
Aug 1, 2019
I would like to use the Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming mobo on my V6 build because the integrated back plate really draws me in. I also plan on using a Noctua NH-U9S CPU cooler. This mobo takes a lot of space for heat sinking, so I am wondering if anyone knows if there is room to add a second NF-A9 fan to the CPU cooler? Thanks for you help!

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Wondering if anyone has tried using the Seasonic focus SFX-L. I recently purchased but am wondering if the cables with push against back of full size GPU?
This is a question I had to @Necere too, will it be a problem to put the SeaSonic SFX-L in the new position in front of the case? Will the cables interfere withe the GPU?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
This is a question I had to @Necere too, will it be a problem to put the SeaSonic SFX-L in the new position in front of the case? Will the cables interfere withe the GPU?
SFX-L compatibility is about the same as before. With the PSU in the forward position the fitment will be comparable to the bracket James designed for the M1 some years back.

Reactions: Alessio.B87

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
Necere has repeatedly stated that increasing dimensions will NOT happen, as that would be a new chassis, not a revision of the M1...
I know that M1 is excellent in size and structure, but there will be some regrets about hardware compatibility.

So if M1 really changes CPU and GPU limits, maybe the new chassis will be called M2, not M1.

Reactions: TurpoUrpo

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
I know that M1 is excellent in size and structure, but there will be some regrets about hardware compatibility.

So if M1 really changes CPU and GPU limits, maybe the new chassis will be called M2, not M1.

Why people keep asking for increase in size? Isn’t the whole point of an itx enclosure is to minimize the footprint at the cost of some compromises?
If you start slowly increasing the size it will not solve anything. People will just ask for more and more.

Reactions: TurpoUrpo

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Why people keep asking for increase in size? Isn’t the whole point of an itx enclosure is to minimize the footprint at the cost of some compromises?
If you start slowly increasing the size it will not solve anything. People will just ask for more and more.
If you look through the original Ncase thread on [H]ard, good read but very long, you will see that people have been pushing @Necere from the very beginning to increase the size of the case. It's like just a bit here and a bit more there would be perfect. He has held true to his original design and refused to increase the size, I don't see it happening.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
If you look through the original Ncase thread on [H]ard, good read but very long, you will see that people have been pushing @Necere from the very beginning to increase the size of the case. It's like just a bit here and a bit more there would be perfect. He has held true to his original design and refused to increase the size, I don't see it happening.

And good on @Necere for that! I feel like the M1 is one of, if not THE best zero compromise SFF cases available. I don't consider it compromising if you can fit several variants of the most powerful GPUs (2080 ti) available in the case. You can actually fit all BUT the very largest 2080 ti GPUs in the M1, meanwhile comfortably cooling the hotter-than-the-surface-of-the-sun 9900k on air OR water. That doesn't really sound like compromise to me, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019

These are the same kind of people that upvote an H200 800 times on r/SFFPC even though it's over 26L. That's like going to r/Lexus and having a Ford at the top of the sub. Makes no sense to, just like asking for a bigger M1.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
And good on @Necere for that! I feel like the M1 is one of, if not THE best zero compromise SFF cases available. I don't consider it compromising if you can fit several variants of the most powerful GPUs (2080 ti) available in the case. You can actually fit all BUT the very largest 2080 ti GPUs in the M1, meanwhile comfortably cooling the hotter-than-the-surface-of-the-sun 9900k on air OR water. That doesn't really sound like compromise to me, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I agree wholeheartedly.
A compromise usually means no one is truly happy, and in the case of the M1, I'm ecstatic with its compatibility, and cooling performance.

Reactions: Brude27 and rfarmer

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
I totally agree with you, actually there are no other enclosures at the Ncase’s level that offer such wide variety of possible builds. There’s the H200, but that thing is twice the size.

The thing is, some people don’t think like that. That’s the problem. You can’t satisfy literally everyone.

Reactions: Brude27

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
The Cerberus is the next setup that offers people more space. The M1 is in a good position dimension wise. I wouldn't mind having a M2 with a little more room and one of the M2 renders is a personal love of mine. I like the dimensions for V1-6 but people sound a little silly when talking about adding 4 mm ruins the case. It won't ruin the case and you won't notice. It will just start a snowball effect that Necere seems to not want to deal with since V1 existed.

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
The Cerberus is the next setup that offers people more space. The M1 is in a good position dimension wise. I wouldn't mind having a M2 with a little more room and one of the M2 renders is a personal love of mine. I like the dimensions for V1-6 but people sound a little silly when talking about adding 4 mm ruins the case. It won't ruin the case and you won't notice. It will just start a snowball effect that Necere seems to not want to deal with since V1 existed.
If you travel often (like in my case) those 4mm in the bag will make a difference

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
@Necere why did you increase the thickness of the top panel to 2mm? If it was for structural reasons I guess you would have increased also the other panels no?