NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Josu

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2021
That sounds perfect! I would have liked to try the Phanteks, but unfortunately I only have about 3mm between the GPU heatsink and bottom 25mm fans :/
In my opinion i think its better to zip tie fans to the gpu radiator ( i did this is the past to make my old 2080ti quiter) instead of mounting them in the bottom of the case

yimingwuzere

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2020
Is it hypothetically possible to mount a EVGA 3080 XC3 + the hybrid cooling upgrade to the bottom of the case? I reckon fans will definitely need to be swapped out, but is there still enough room to bend the tubes to fit?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is it hypothetically possible to mount a EVGA 3080 XC3 + the hybrid cooling upgrade to the bottom of the case? I reckon fans will definitely need to be swapped out, but is there still enough room to bend the tubes to fit?
No. The hybrid kit still occupies two slots for the card itself, which leaves ~27mm at the bottom. The radiator alone is at least that thick.

Reactions: yimingwuzere

lachiehem

Efficiency Noob
Sep 11, 2021
Hello, I'm very much a beginner when it comes to sff so was just looking for verification, will the gigabyte gaming oc pro 3060ti have any problems fitting? I assume it's fine because it's 2.5slots and 286mm long.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello, I'm very much a beginner when it comes to sff so was just looking for verification, will the gigabyte gaming oc pro 3060ti have any problems fitting? I assume it's fine because it's 2.5slots and 286mm long.
Yes, should be fine.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
*at the bottom of the case below the graphics card
Fans that are 25 mm thick will only fit underneath cards that are 2 slots thick. There's ~ 67 mm of vertical space for the card and the fans. Subtract the thickness of the card from 67 mm to determine how much vertical space is left. This will be the maximum thickness of anything else, such as a fan, that you can fit below the card.

Another option is to remove the card's own cooling fans and plastic shroud to reduce the card's thickness to 2 slots (~42 mm) or less in order to fit 25 mm fans on the case bottom. The fans should then be used to cool the graphics card using software that sets their spin rate based on the card's temperature sensors or by plugging in the fans, possibly requiring an adapter, into the card's fan connector(s). Note, some cards have metal tabs or a very thick heatsink that may still make fitting 25 mm fans impossible.

lachiehem

Efficiency Noob
Sep 11, 2021
Fans that are 25 mm thick will only fit underneath cards that are 2 slots thick. There's ~ 67 mm of vertical space for the card and the fans. Subtract the thickness of the card from 67 mm to determine how much vertical space is left. This will be the maximum thickness of anything else, such as a fan, that you can fit below the card.

Another option is to remove the card's own cooling fans and plastic shroud to reduce the card's thickness to 2 slots (~42 mm) or less in order to fit 25 mm fans on the case bottom. The fans should then be used to cool the graphics card using software that sets their spin rate based on the card's temperature sensors or by plugging in the fans, possibly requiring an adapter, into the card's fan connector(s). Note, some cards have metal tabs or a very thick heatsink that may still make fitting 25 mm fans impossible.
cool, I just watched a couple of videos on this, would there be any way to tell if deshrouding the gpu gives you the right amount of clearance before actually owning the card.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
cool, I just watched a couple of videos on this, would there be any way to tell if deshrouding the gpu gives you the right amount of clearance before actually owning the card.

I found this post from January that shows the same graphics card with slim fans underneath it. You may want to consider doing the same before deshrouding the card.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
so in theory, using nf12x15 fans under the gpu should be fine because the gpus height is 51mm and the fans are 15mm which should leave a bit of wiggle room
Yes. The photos in the post I linked to seemed to show more than a few mm of space above the fans. Perhaps the extra wiggle room is because part of the card's overall thickness includes the rear components, thermal pads, and backplate. Those few millimeters would not contribute to the card's downward extent.

BTW, the fans in that post appear to be the black Chromax version of the NF12x15 fans which may be preferable to Noctua's traditional colours.

lachiehem

Efficiency Noob
Sep 11, 2021
Yes. The photos in the post I linked to seemed to show more than a few mm of space above the fans. Perhaps the extra wiggle room is because part of the card's overall thickness includes the rear components, thermal pads, and backplate. Those few millimeters would not contribute to the card's downward extent.

BTW, the fans in that post appear to be the black Chromax version of the NF12x15 fans which may be preferable to Noctua's traditional colours.
Awesome, will most likely use the slimmer chromax fans then, appreciate all of the help

yimingwuzere

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2020
Had to move my desktop to a room in the house without air-conditioning.

The deshrouded Zotac 3080 Holo I have with me is still running a bit toasty in this environment, barely managing 80C @ 300W power draw in spite of Kryonaut repaste and the VRAM to heatsink thermal pads swapped with Gelid GP-Extreme 2mm, with 2 Nidec GT-1850 fans at 1850rpm as exhaust. Trying to look at which way is better at improving thermals short of using liquid metal and/or converting to a full custom loop.

1) Swap the Nidec GT-1850 fans for 2 Phanteks T30 in advanced mode and brute force some more airflow- there seems to be 5mm extra clearance beyond the 25mm fans I have so it should just fit
2) Trade up for a deshroud-friendly (i.e no protruding clips like the EVGA cards or Asus's TUF) 3090 for ~$700, repaste/repad and try mining to offset the costs as much as possible.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Had to move my desktop to a room in the house without air-conditioning.

The deshrouded Zotac 3080 Holo I have with me is still running a bit toasty in this environment, barely managing 80C @ 300W power draw in spite of Kryonaut repaste and the VRAM to heatsink thermal pads swapped with Gelid GP-Extreme 2mm, with 2 Nidec GT-1850 fans at 1850rpm as exhaust. Trying to look at which way is better at improving thermals short of using liquid metal and/or converting to a full custom loop.

1) Swap the Nidec GT-1850 fans for 2 Phanteks T30 in advanced mode and brute force some more airflow- there seems to be 5mm extra clearance beyond the 25mm fans I have so it should just fit
2) Trade up for a deshroud-friendly (i.e no protruding clips like the EVGA cards or Asus's TUF) 3090 for ~$700, repaste/repad and try mining to offset the costs as much as possible.

Thoughts?
I am not familiar with your graphics card or the thermal pad thickness it requires, but is it possible that the thermal pads are slightly too thick and are preventing adequate contact pressure for the GPU die? A recent video by JayzTwoCents illustrated this behaviour. Good luck!

Reactions: rfarmer

yimingwuzere

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2020
I am not familiar with your graphics card or the thermal pad thickness it requires, but is it possible that the thermal pads are slightly too thick and are preventing adequate contact pressure for the GPU die? A recent video by JayzTwoCents illustrated this behaviour. Good luck!
The Zotac 3080 Holo has the same heatsink as the 3080 Trinity. The thermal pads that transfer heat from VRAM to the heatsink on the Trinity is 2mm.

Just a note: the situation I have is more like room temperatures of 30++ Celsius, so it's more of near worst case scenarios for cooling. Kinda why I'm thinking out of the box for ideas to optimize this further. The most logical step would be to flip the case so that the GPU exhaust can be vented directly away from the case instead of onto the tabletop, but the Ncase isn't designed for that unlike Sliger's 610/620.

Edit: so on a whim, I tried flipping the Ncase over - GPU temps are now ~15-20C lower (depending on title) and VRAM is also ~12C lower too. I guess case flipping like the Sliger designs is something that can be considered for a v7?

Last edited:

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Already been confirmed on the 3070/3080 but just an FYI that the Palit GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming Pro fits easily. I don't have the front panel connectors on anyway as I don't use them but there is a decent amount of space up front so you could prob keep them

KaiserDragon

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 3, 2021
I can confirm the MSI RTX3070TI VENTUS 3X 8G OC fits. You have to take the front of the case off so that you use the open area. The card will also rest on top of the front panel input housing. But will will 100% fit. Word of caution, tie down the the panel wires to the lower case grate so that the fans don't hit them.

gkl

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2019
I have an ASUS TUF RTX 3070 (should be the same size as a 3080). Would it be possible to fit an anti-vandal switch from PSlate? The fit seems rather tight as is.