NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

levima43

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 20, 2021
The Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC fits like a glove.

Reactions: dreesi and andy66

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I feel like they are laughing at us. 1300 euros for a 6800 xt regardless the pcb or the heatsink is a joke.

for americans: 1300 euros are 1580 dollars

apoque

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 17, 2020
You can add a "Confirmed" to the MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X. It was a pain to install, but it fits. I had remove my front io to fit it in or take it out. Also there is a DisplayPort plug in the back that must be removed before installing (the back frame prevents the plug from being removed after install). I had to train my power cables a reasonable bit to clear the side panel.

Something of note: I have my power button swapped for a 3rd party button. The original button would easily fit, but 3rd party ones require a lot of finesse.

Luxifer18

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 30, 2021
I have just made an imgur gallery that compares Daandris' photos to my own.

We are both using the NCASE M1 V6, and we are both using the power button module at the front. But if you compare the photos, his clears the power button module and mine doesn't. This puts my entire GPU on an uncomfortable angle that is probably damaging to both the card and PCIe slot. There is no way that I could personally say that this card fits in the case.

Does anyone have any idea why we have had different results? It would be good to get to the bottom of this to keep the community informed about which cards fit.
Just an update: I installed a Zotac Trinity OC 3080 in my Ncase M1 V6.1 without issue. Motherboard is an Asus Strix B550i. It is very very close to the front panel, but no issues closing and no scratches when I re-opened to check. Front I/O is all still plugged in as well.

kotchi

Efficiency Noob
Dec 14, 2020
Hey guys, I was going to buy the Asus 3070 Tuff for $1150 (in Australia) however i've recently been provided with the opportunity to buy the RX 6800 (non-XT) reference card for $1100.

The $50 to me doesn't mean much, so consider them the same price for the purpose of this question - are there any views on which of these cards would be the better buy, particularly when considering they're going into the NCase M1? I haven't been able to find much information on how the 6800 performance in terms of thermals and noise in the M1, but I know the asus tuf cards have been performing really well.

I'll be using a U9S with an extra 92mm fan for the CPU, and two 120mm fans under the GPU (15mm for the 3070, 25mm for the 6800), and possibly another 120mm mounted on the side if needed.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Hey guys, I was going to buy the Asus 3070 Tuff for $1150 (in Australia) however i've recently been provided with the opportunity to buy the RX 6800 (non-XT) reference card for $1100.

The $50 to me doesn't mean much, so consider them the same price for the purpose of this question - are there any views on which of these cards would be the better buy, particularly when considering they're going into the NCase M1? I haven't been able to find much information on how the 6800 performance in terms of thermals and noise in the M1, but I know the asus tuf cards have been performing really well.

I'll be using a U9S with an extra 92mm fan for the CPU, and two 120mm fans under the GPU (15mm for the 3070, 25mm for the 6800), and possibly another 120mm mounted on the side if needed.

DLSS is nice to have if you play games that support it, otherwise from what I've seen the 6800 appears to be the better card for normal rasterization. 16GB vram will be more than enough for the life of the card, 8gb on the 3070 is heavily debated if it is or isn't enough.

Price is more than I would pay for either and our currencies are roughly equal (CAD). Value/willingness to wait is something only you can judge though.

kotchi

Efficiency Noob
Dec 14, 2020
Thanks mate - at current the games I play really aren't graphic intensive, more your esports style stuff, though I will want to play AAA titles in the future. Sounds like the 6800 might be the way to go.

As far as the willingness to wait, with no prospect of prices easing, and my current CPU having died (so relying on integrated intel graphics) I think I need to bite the bullet soon!

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Yeah fair enough. Not sure how you feel about used and availability/pricing where you are can be hit or miss, but I picked up a strix 2080ti for about $100-$150 less than a 3070 would have cost me. I actually prefer it over a 3070 due to the 11GB vram, and of course the strix 20 series were a great deshroud card for the m1. Maybe take a look around the classified ads in your area? Otherwise the 6800 is pretty awesome and I'd take it over a 3070 personally.

cijanzen

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2016
Not sure if it’s been posted, though I’d be surprised if it hasn’t, but the 3060 Ti FE fits just fine.

kotchi

Efficiency Noob
Dec 14, 2020
Has anyone had luck using 25mm thick fans under an EVGA XC3 3070/3080 card, or are 15mm thick fans all that will fit? Trying to decide whether to get two Noctua NF A12x15 ($110 total), or if I can save a few dollars and get a twinpack of Thermaltakes's Toughfan 12 ($70) which are 25mm and operate similarly to Noctua NF A12x25.

Thanks

GeekPC

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 12, 2021
Wondering if an Asus Strix 3090 using (EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi)
would fit in the ncase?