NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
Hi everyone. I have a question.

I'm planning to build in the Ncase with Asus tuf RTX 3080 OC soon. So I understand I need to buy two of those 8-pin 180-degree adapters for that. ( like in the link above ModDIY connectors )
But I'm not sure which one to choose: ( 8-pin Type A or 8-pin Type B ) ? 🤔
I took two of these ones (Select Type B)

ATX 8pin Male 180 Degree Angled to 8Pin Female Power Adapter for Desktops Graphics Card|Computer Cables & Connectors| - AliExpress

Reactions: oo7trigger

Midium

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2019
The Palit RTX 3070 GamingPro OC fits perfectly into my NCase M1 V5 + V6 Frontpanel. There is no need to remove the front panel at all, the end of the card sits ontop of the connectors but without any stress. Also it was fairly easy to install.

Last edited:

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
The Palit RTX 3070 GamingPro OC fits perfectly into my NCase M1 V5 + V6 Frontpanel. There is no need to remove the front panel at all, the end of the card sits ontop of the connectors but without any stress. Also it was fairly easy to install.

Looks nice! Always wondered how the Atlas compared to the U9S. Any chance you have temp data? Also that palit looks like it could be a decent deshroud candidate.

Reactions: Qrash

ramuj0

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2020
For anyone who's interested in water cooling 6800xt, here is the conclusion based on my experience:

1. The only possible option (for now) is reference design pcb + ekwb velocity block + 90 degree customized cnc plexi terminal.
In my current build, I'm using a 90 degree terminal for my 5700xt red devil and it's about 9mm thick. For 6800xt reference design, this number can be loosened to 11~12mm.

2. Based on the measurement above, the space for terminal is only 13mm. This number should be pretty accurate as I calculated based on the width of my 5700xt red devil water block without terminal.
That being said, none of the manufactures can provide a usable waterblock for ncase m1 because the G1/4 hole is 11.8mm, they can't make a regular terminal to include a G1/4 for only 13mm unless they use "uni-body" style copper instead of plexi and screws.

3. On top of that, the slimmest AIB 6800xt card is about 145mm wide (Sapphire nitro+ and red devil). As for my 5700xt red devil, this number is 143 and I have to keep my customized terminal to be 9mm thick. So if you consider AIB 6800xt, you need to make a 7mm thick terminal. It's doable, but plexi can't handle the pressure, you will have to use copper. Also you need to wait EKWB or other manufactures to provide the respective AIB waterblock.

Good luck.
Thanks for the sleuthing, wish I read this earlier. Sounds like its gonna be a 3080/90 EVGA XC3 or PNY XLR* REVEL for me.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Looks nice! Always wondered how the Atlas compared to the U9S. Any chance you have temp data? Also that palit looks like it could be a decent deshroud candidate.
Good eye. I thought that was the Atlas by Alpenfohn. Not many of those around. I'm interested in how it performs in the M1, too.

Midium

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2019

Good eye. I thought that was the Atlas by Alpenfohn. Not many of those around. I'm interested in how it performs in the M1, too.

A few years ago I used a Noctua U9S in a different case and sold them together. For the M1 I bought the Atlas, so I can provide you with temps but not a comparison. Because Alpenföhn discontinued the Atlas I think there are only a few around sitting in a NCase. Out of my memory the Atlas is a bit more hefty and the dual tower design should also help. I am guessing maybe a few (max 3°C) difference to the U9S at same settings?!
Performance wise I am really happy with the Atlas. I am using the NCase M1 V5 with the glass panel so the Atlas should be one of the best coolers for that. Before changing the GPU I used a deshrouded GTX 1070 with bottom fans pushing hot air out. The Atlas is taking cold air from the rear. Chanced the Atlas fans to the NF-A9 chromax a year ago. Since then the only source of audible noise where the two bottom fans under GPU load. The processor under the Atlas is a R7 2700X with PBO enabled. Reaching 3,8Ghz to 3,9Ghz allcore at high gaming loads. Max Temps are around 75°C, but with a fairly conservative fan speed around 900 rpm I think. At the moment I am not really able to test, because the RTX 3070 is heating the whole case by a massive amount.
The GamingPro should be a decent deshroud candidate, but I planned going watercooled with an external radiator. Unfortunately my RTX 3070 does have quiet some coil whine issues, so I hesitate paying a lot of money just to be able to hear loud coil whine without fan noise. Deshrouding with the GTX 1070 worked pretty nice, but under gaming load the computer was far from "silent".

Maybe we could find a "baseline" to compare the performance of the Atlas. Something like 1000RPM and 100W CPU Package Power (according to HWInfo)?

Last edited:
Reactions: BeerNsoup

Chromavoid

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
EVGA 2080 FTW3 wont fit an NCase v6.1? Ive read conflicting reports... its not on the list, but some people have said the i/o is what gets in the way...however, I cannot confirm they are talking about the same card as the posts generally are a couple years old, different case revision...just want to confim.

edit- I did post on Discord, and one person made a good point. this card is 2.75 slots thick, so it kinda falls into an unknown as its not 3 slots, which has a 290mm max..

Roscox444

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2020
Hi, has anyone here ever built ncase m1 with gigabyte rtx 3070 vision? I really need to see the pics and your review. Thanks!

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020
Does anyone have am AMD RX6800 XT or 6900XT watercooled in the ncase m1?

After doing some research it seems to me that only reference PCB cards of RTX 3080/3090 have such an small waterblock to fit in the ncase. (And the Nvidia FE)

Do you agree?
I am expecting my RX 6900XT (Reference PCB) in a few days and plan to return it, even before unboxing, after i did my latest Research.
😤😢😭

I thought to be on the save side after checking GPU height of only 120mm. But it seems the waterblocks (ekbw, alphacool and byksi) will still hit the sidepanel.

Or did i checked Something wrong?

Pomps

Case Bender
New User
Jan 15, 2021
hi guys.
i followed this thread very closely as i was building my ncase m1, so want to first thank you all for the information that helped me along the way.
i want to add that i managed to buy a 3060ti gigabyte gaming OC, and even though it says on PC partpicker that it wont fit, thanks to the guide on the front page, i knew it would. i didnt feel the GPU sagged much despite being a long card, but i installed the GPU bracket anyway, cause why not!
im over the moon with the build, even though my cable management needs a bit of practice.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Has anyone watercooled their Asus TUF 3080 in the Ncase yet? I did some research and think that the stock EK waterblock won't fit even with the terminal rotary fitting install

Midium

Cable Smoosher
Aug 22, 2019
I did some research and think that the stock EK waterblock won't fit even with the terminal rotary fitting install

That is going to be a problem with any "standard" waterblock. Standard meening the typical layout where the terminal is extending the cards width. Some blocks have there terminal extending the length, like most of the EK Ampere FE Blocks. With a short pcb that could fit in the NCase M1.
Best advise (which is also on the NCase Website) is to buy a GPU with a normal width PCB. The PCB should only be as wide as the slot cover. Then there is going to be enough space for the standard terminal of GPU blocks.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
That is going to be a problem with any "standard" waterblock. Standard meening the typical layout where the terminal is extending the cards width. Some blocks have there terminal extending the length, like most of the EK Ampere FE Blocks. With a short pcb that could fit in the NCase M1.
Best advise (which is also on the NCase Website) is to buy a GPU with a normal width PCB. The PCB should only be as wide as the slot cover. Then there is going to be enough space for the standard terminal of GPU blocks.
Thanks for the answer. I solved that problem by getting a reference block, going to trade my TUF 3080 for another brand with reference design

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
Since i'm also looking forward for maybe doing a custom loop, there is no way (no compatible block) which does fit in the M1 for the 3080 TUF?