NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

JeffyW

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2020
I know the AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME 11G is listed on the front page as not compatible, is it because of the height or just thickness with front IO? I'm trying to find an SFF case that'll fit that card (that card specifically because I've got a friend about to sell one for a great deal). I'm assuming it's too tall (wide) with dimensions on paper of 290x134.3x60.
This post about the 2080 TI STRIX OC fitting in at 304.7x130.4x54.1, so length wise it should be fine, and the comment about the shroud angling up in the front likely applies to the AORUS as well, and the thickest part of the AORUS isn't until the second fan. This post suggests the WATERFORCE version won't fit because of the tubing coming off the (top) edge of the card makes it too tight with the side panel (which if I understand the response correctly sits at 131+9 = 140), so maybe by the time we reach the thick part of the fan version it'd fit? This post suggests *maybe* it'd fit wit the front IO removed (which might be a sacrifice I'm willing to make for a good SFF case, plus the ROG x570 motherboard I intend to use doesn't have the proper port for usb-c anyhow).

And, if it does fit (without the IO), any idea how bad of an idea it would be?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I know the AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME 11G is listed on the front page as not compatible, is it because of the height or just thickness with front IO? I'm trying to find an SFF case that'll fit that card (that card specifically because I've got a friend about to sell one for a great deal). I'm assuming it's too tall (wide) with dimensions on paper of 290x134.3x60.
This post about the 2080 TI STRIX OC fitting in at 304.7x130.4x54.1, so length wise it should be fine, and the comment about the shroud angling up in the front likely applies to the AORUS as well, and the thickest part of the AORUS isn't until the second fan. This post suggests the WATERFORCE version won't fit because of the tubing coming off the (top) edge of the card makes it too tight with the side panel (which if I understand the response correctly sits at 131+9 = 140), so maybe by the time we reach the thick part of the fan version it'd fit? This post suggests *maybe* it'd fit wit the front IO removed (which might be a sacrifice I'm willing to make for a good SFF case, plus the ROG x570 motherboard I intend to use doesn't have the proper port for usb-c anyhow).

That card is very thick along its entire length according to the photo below from the Gigabyte website (click to see full size). There would be no room for the Front I/O module and you'd likely need the very low-profile 180 degree PCI-E power adapters since the card's PCI-E connectors don't appear to be recessed. If you're really lucky, removing the chunky fan shroud may leave the fans attached to the heatsink and free enough space for the front I/O or at least the variant with only a power button.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I've got a V1 case back from the first shipment in 2013. Any reason to think the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700xt won't fit? Reddit user got it to fit in a V6 but it's so long it sits on top of the front I/O bracket.

Looking through the revision log, it looks like the "front passthrough" for long GPUs was slightly enlarged to help. Does that come into play in this situation? Easy enough to change with a Dremel if need be?
I couldnt get the detail shot of the front from this post. But the other post I saw looks like he installed power button only I/O.

Based on these pics, I'm going to say the Nitro+ won't be compatible with the V1. It looks like it's slightly protruding through the front opening in the V6, which is about 5mm narrower on <V5 (the width at the bottom - where the I/O is - continued all the way up).

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

With some cards I just have to make a best guess whether it will fit or not, and I tend to play it safe if there's any doubt. This card is both quite thick (a full 3 slots), tall, and long, which puts it near the limit. At a minimum, the front I/O ports would need to be removed, but even then I'm not sure how difficult (or even possible) it is to install.

JeffyW

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2020
That card is very thick along its entire length according to the photo below from the Gigabyte website (click to see full size). There would be no room for the Front I/O module and you'd likely need the very low-profile 180 degree PCI-E power adapters since the card's PCI-E connectors don't appear to be recessed. If you're really lucky, removing the chunky fan shroud may leave the fans attached to the heatsink and free enough space for the front I/O or at least the variant with only a power button.

Thanks! As I said, I think I'm good losing access to the front I/O. I think the fans may be attached to the shroud so I may not be able to remove them, and while the power adapters do look recessed, they only look recessed compared to the bump out in the middle, unlike the ROG STRIX example I linked previously where it's clearly recessed compared to the length of the card. I'd be OK using some low profile extensions. The only thing I'm still worried about then would be thermals, as there would clearly be no room for case fans below this. I think I might just try my luck with it (and report back findings), since I don't think the other cases I've looked at will do any better for thermals (or would require bigger mods to the case itself). Thanks.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Thanks! As I said, I think I'm good losing access to the front I/O. I think the fans may be attached to the shroud so I may not be able to remove them, and while the power adapters do look recessed, they only look recessed compared to the bump out in the middle, unlike the ROG STRIX example I linked previously where it's clearly recessed compared to the length of the card. I'd be OK using some low profile extensions. The only thing I'm still worried about then would be thermals, as there would clearly be no room for case fans below this. I think I might just try my luck with it (and report back findings), since I don't think the other cases I've looked at will do any better for thermals (or would require bigger mods to the case itself). Thanks.

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you won't have to go to the same extreme measures as were needed to get a FTW3 into the M1. Good luck!

Roscox444

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2020
Based on these pics, I'm going to say the Nitro+ won't be compatible with the V1. It looks like it's slightly protruding through the front opening in the V6, which is about 5mm narrower on <V5 (the width at the bottom - where the I/O is - continued all the way up).

Just saw this video, and looks like sapphire nitro+ seems to be fit nicely there without any issue on v6.

C

CoolSnowboard

Hi,
I would like to purchase a Ncase M1, but I don't know if my present config is compatible.

Now, what I have is:
Motherboard : Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI
(https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
(https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-3700x)
GPU : XFX Radeon RX 5500 XT THICC II PRO
(https://www.xfxforce.com/gpus/radeon-tm-rx-5500-xt-8gb-gddr6-thicc-ii-pro)
CPU cooler : Corsair H100X (https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categ...Performance-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060040-WW)
PSU : Corsair SF600
(https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...™-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020105-NA)
RAM : Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB CMK32GX4M2B3200C16
(https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...EANCE-LPX/p/CMK32GX4M2B3200C16#tab-tech-specs)

I checked on pcpartpicker.com : the CPU cooler, the PSU and the Mobo are compatible (according to pcpartpicker). But the GPU is not listed as compatible.

The XFX GPU's dimensions are (in cm):
28.1 x 14.5 x 4.4
(11.06 x 5.71 x 1.73 in inch)
And I wonder if it is indeed incompatible with the Ncase M1.
I checked the first post of this thread and the max length that I could find is 315 mm (above the 281 mm of my card), the max width 140 mm (145 mm for my card) and the max height 58 mm (44 mm for my card).
Despite some measures that go beyond the recommended values, is my GPU compatible for the Ncase M1?

Thanks.

TLN

Average Stuffer
Mar 9, 2020
I currently have EVGA 2070Super XC Ultra, which is 3 slot card. I'm eyeing Ncase M1 and wonder If I can fit one in. Ideally I'd de-shroud and use Noctua fans below. I'm fairily sure it will fit, but it'd be nice if someone can confirm that.

bmacc

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2019
You can’t deshroud the EVGA cards and use noctua fans as exhaust like the strix or accelero. There are metal tabs for the fans that was welded in place that interfere. The XC ultra definitely fits, I have the 2080 Ti version in my case but you can only run slim 120mm fans as intake below it.

TLN

Average Stuffer
Mar 9, 2020
You can’t deshroud the EVGA cards and use noctua fans as exhaust like the strix or accelero. There are metal tabs for the fans that was welded in place that interfere. The XC ultra definitely fits, I have the 2080 Ti version in my case but you can only run slim 120mm fans as intake below it.
Oh.. that's two new things for me.
So people run fans below as exhaust?
Not happy about tabs but okay, will check microcenter for deals on strix. AFAIK Strix (and FTW3) come with fan headers, that seems pretty useful for that case.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I checked on pcpartpicker.com : the CPU cooler, the PSU and the Mobo are compatible (according to pcpartpicker). But the GPU is not listed as compatible.

The XFX GPU's dimensions are (in cm):
28.1 x 14.5 x 4.4
(11.06 x 5.71 x 1.73 in inch)
And I wonder if it is indeed incompatible with the Ncase M1.
I checked the first post of this thread and the max length that I could find is 315 mm (above the 281 mm of my card), the max width 140 mm (145 mm for my card) and the max height 58 mm (44 mm for my card).
Despite some measures that go beyond the recommended values, is my GPU compatible for the Ncase M1?

Thanks.
Depends how XFX is measuring the card - whether they include the bracket or not. The size restrictions I use for the M1 are without the bracket. The bracket adds about 11mm to the height.

If you have the card already, you can measure it yourself. Measure from the bottom of the PCIe edge connector (the part that plugs into the motherboard's PCIe slot) to the top of the cooler shroud. If that's under 140mm it should fit. If not, it won't.

r3load3d

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2020
Has anyone installed a Barrow GPU water block in the Ncase? Specifically this one: http://www.barrowint.com/product/qfgxklt/jj/1538.html

It's one of the few blocks I can find that will fit my card (the EK blocks definitely won't according to the EK Configurator). I'm worried the G1/4 terminal block will be too wide and interfere with the side panel, and unfortunately I can't find the dimensions of the water block listed anywhere.

alyg05

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 11, 2020
I would like to know if this GPU card will fit within the limits of the NCASE V6.1:
PNY GeForce® RTX 2060 SUPER™ Dual Fan
Part No. VCG20608SDFPPB
EAN: 751492630618
Card dimensions: 247x127 mm; Dual-Slot

Theoretically, it is within the M1 GPU compatibility sizes, but if anyone practically installed this model, where there any issues with it?
Thanks,
Constantin

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I guess an answer to my original post was out the question. Oh well, best look for another case
Are your referring to this question from April?

I don't quite understand this spec for the case with regards to graphics cards, height: up to 140mm at mid-card (130mm if over 55mm thick), 130mm at rear corner..
Is 130 at rear because you are taking into account for power connector?
I have a GeForce® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G (https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-GAMING-X-8G/Specification) which is 140mm high BUT, its already been modified to have power connection fed in from the side (e.g. no connections coming out the top of the card), will this now fit in the case?

I googled it for you, and this is the closest I've found. That's a GTX 1060, which has a slightly different cooler design, but the height is the same as the 1080 so it should fit the same. The "rear corner" refers to the corner of the card at the rear-left of the case. You can see in those pictures that it's basically right up under the flange, so while it looks like it fits, it's a squeeze and may be some trouble to get in. I give 130mm as the height limit there just as an allowance to facilitate installation, but it's not a hard limit per se.