NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
For those interested in 3080 FE water block made by EKWB, they updated their website with schematics. they also have diagrams for the other vector water blocks, so you can check if they fit your case

Thanks dude.

Reactions: Anders

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Sorry if it is a stupid question, but what is the "BEST" AIO you can fit in Ncase M1.

I have Fractal S24 and DAMN it is a pain in the ass to install it... I am not able to :( although it has been super good, I cannot use it :(.

Any other option that could easily fit ?
thanks in advance <3
I wouldn't call that a stupid question, Xdrqgol, but it does seem kinda off-topic unless Necere wants to make this a more general "hardware compatibility" thread. (For what it's worth, I just bought a Kraken X53 because that's a solid option, if not necessarily "THE ABSOLUTE BEST", and because the builds that I've seen tell me that it should almost definitely fit.)
The more general thread is this one: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ncase-m1-v6-info.10687/
this one is more for GPU oriented questions. So for next time you will know where to post :)

Mr.Muhda

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 16, 2018
I will be ordering the Sapphire Nitro Plus SE 6800XT, I will try to remember to post a picture if it fits.
It shouldn't be a problem as the previous Nitro did fit the NCase M1 v5 link Source: Reddit Post

Reactions: wiski

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
This has already been confirmed but I will add my build here too in the hope it will help others.

I got the Asus RTX 3070 TUF in v6.1 case. The fit was tight like everyone else has said. I managed to fit the card without removing anything other than the exterior panels and the side mounted fan mount.

The card clears the front panel with USB ports in and I used @radnox lego anti sag to prevent the fan from clipping the front panel cables. Looking at the case from the front, I used a 2x2 stacked with 1 full height and 2 flat pieces high and a 1x2 for the right.

Some pictures of the setup:

Cool man

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
I will be ordering the Sapphire Nitro Plus SE 6800XT, I will try to remember to post a picture if it fits.
It shouldn't be a problem as the previous Nitro did fit the NCase M1 v5 link Source: Reddit Post
it will be a tight fit, maybe even doesnt. Also, its not a good idea to compare previous generation cards with current. The 6000 has a much higher power draw, so the cooler must be bigger to handle that. And in most generations the design of the cards gets an overhaul. So always check the new cards dimensions
Example:
The 5700xt nitro+ is
2.5 slot, ATX
Dimension: 306x 135 x 49 (mm)
While the 6800 XT nitro + SE is
2.7 slot, ATX
Dimension: 310(L)X 134.3(W)X 55.3 (H)mm
So as you can see the card is a lot bigger, even if it looks pretty similar.

I think they do fit tho. Looking at the dimensions, it isnt impossible to fit them in. Especially the last one will most definitly fit. Seeing the 3080's sizes of AIB cards i dont think this will be a huge issue. Low profile power adapters are needed tho, but the Card itself is not too big I think.

wiski

Cable Smoosher
Jan 24, 2018
I'm also thinking about taking a chance on the Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT. I was settled on the reference model, but after watching the cooler teardown of it on Gamers Nexus I'm not so sure (I don't like the cooler design).

SPNKr

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 20, 2020
The Zotac 3070 Twin Edge can fit in the M1. Installation is very difficult, you'll have to remove all components including the motherboard, a case clip, install the GPU while the motherboard is outside, then slide the whole assembly into the case. Once in only two of the motherboard screw are easily accessible, a third can be tightened with determination, but the fourth near the GPU ports is impossible.

All in all avoid this GPU if you can, but if you buy it mistakenly with no return policy then it is possible to install it.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
The Zotac 3070 Twin Edge can fit in the M1. Installation is very difficult, you'll have to remove all components including the motherboard, a case clip, install the GPU while the motherboard is outside, then slide the whole assembly into the case. Once in only two of the motherboard screw are easily accessible, a third can be tightened with determination, but the fourth near the GPU ports is impossible.

All in all avoid this GPU if you can, but if you buy it mistakenly with no return policy then it is possible to install it.
its because its too wide. The maximum that is given on the Ncase site is 140 mm while this card is 141,3 mm. Maybe you can use the technique that was shown in This video around 6:15. But with a different side that you unscrew. It could make things easier to install.
And can you maybe share some pictures of it installed? Im quite curious how it will sit in the case.

Reactions: Daandris

h40io

Case Bender
New User
Nov 21, 2020
I have a Zotac 3080 Amp Holo on the way and I'm having trouble finding out if folks have managed to fit it either shrouded or deshrouded in the M1. I see some folks fitting cards in outside of the specs provided but curious if it's been done before. The card measures: 317.8mm x 131.8mm x 59.6mm on the Zotac specs.

Happy to be the guinea pig here if deshrouding is necessary to try.

zk2004mb

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2020
EK has revealed their 6800/6900 velocity water block. Any chance this can be snugged into M1 V6.1?
Not sure if 139mm is too wide since this number does not include the PCIE connector.

Last edited:

draic

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018
EK has revealed their 6800/6900 velocity water block. Any chance this can be snugged into M1 V6.1?
Not sure if 139mm is too wide since this number does not include the PCIE connector.

too wide. The terminal would extend too far (~9mm). Even without the plastic shroud it will not work unfortunatly. EKWB also offers a special edition block which has the terminal recessed slightly, but it is still too wide for the ncase. Sucks that AMD used a wider PCB even for the reference design.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
too wide. The terminal would extend too far (~9mm). Even without the plastic shroud it will not work unfortunatly. EKWB also offers a special edition block which has the terminal recessed slightly, but it is still too wide for the ncase. Sucks that AMD used a wider PCB even for the reference design.
Ncase has 140mm at mid-card. Would be tight but should just fit.