Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
good news / bad news time...

all screws are ready

20231204_133034_resized.jpg

the chassis came back from powder coating, but...

20231204_132930_resized.jpg

the powder coating guys and/or transport company fked up... more or less all chassis are deformed, have scratches, etc... :mad:

So unfortunately this means we have to wait for replacement chassis and I'm not sure you can get your cases before Christmas :\

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019

all screws are ready

View attachment 2950

View attachment 2951

the powder coating guys and/or transport company fked up... more or less all chassis are deformed, have scratches, etc... :mad:

So unfortunately this means we have to wait for replacement chassis and I'm not sure you can get your cases before Christmas :\
Yeah if that's how you got them that's on the coater If they was packed properly they would be protected from side impact and not move around as going by the picture they have room to move around which is a big nono when shipping fragile items

Quigonjinn

Caliper Novice
May 8, 2023

all screws are ready

View attachment 2950

View attachment 2951

No worries. More time to look for a mobo deal :)

I hope the coaters take responsibility for their bad packaging as it looks and don’t give you hell for their mistake.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
it's really unfortunate that they didn't pack the chassis well enough... but 💩 happens and I'll try to figure something out with them!

fingers crossed everything goes smooth with the new/replacement lot, I'll keep you update :)

Tallgeese

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2017
it's really unfortunate that they didn't pack the chassis well enough... but 💩 happens and I'll try to figure something out with them!

fingers crossed everything goes smooth with the new/replacement lot, I'll keep you update :)

Did they charge you full price for the messed up ones?

If you could assemble a full unit, just with some scratches, I'd be down to purchase a damaged case. I want one for travel, and while I would prefer a pristine one, I wouldnt mind a scuffed up one for a discount.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Did they charge you full price for the messed up ones?

If you could assemble a full unit, just with some scratches, I'd be down to purchase a damaged case. I want one for travel, and while I would prefer a pristine one, I wouldnt mind a scuffed up one for a discount.

It's all prepaid by me, full price... I'm still discussing with them how to deal with the faulty chassis, so let's wait and see...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Any Updates?

I was just typing... :p

ETA for the replacement is Friday next week... unfortunately I had to return the NG chassis so I can't offer them as B-Stock :\

Originally I had hoped you all would get the cases by Christmas but due to the coating issue we lost about two weeks... anyways, I will try my best to finish everything during the holidays and then ship them in the first week of January! ☃️

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Good news! Chassis came in and I'm busy with tapping, countersinking and mesh assembly since this morning...

1703087106563.png

It takes a bit longer than anticipated to put everything together, so I can only finish 1-2 cases per day...

But... I think the wait is worth it :)

1703087277371.png

1703087314788.png

1703087242538.png

I will start to contact everyone individually concerning shipping and payment - please be patient :)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I have shipped half of the cases, rest will follow after the Holidays 🎄

In the meantime, some advice / instructions for the build:

1) I would start mounting the fans first - for those with Laser-Cut Front: there are 4 longer screws that hold the front together with the fans.
Note: the front only aligns with the holes in one direction...

2) motherboard and GPU assembly next and PSU last

3) I have included some thermal pad with each case - if you use a HDPlex, please stick it on the flap near the mounting holes:

1703272862878.png

you may also buy some additional pads to put under the HDPlex...

4) for those who like to use a FLEX PSU: you have to break off the IEC C5 mounting piece, best use some small pliers:

1703273097266.png

5) please do not use brute force on the screws - else you'll risk stripping the threads - also make sure the holes align well when putting the parts together

1703273186449.png

the rest should be straight forward :p

Looking forward to see your builds and I whish everyone pleasant Christmas Holidays! 🎄☃️🌠

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I have shipped half of the cases, rest will follow after the Holidays 🎄

In the meantime, some advice / instructions for the build:

1) I would start mounting the fans first - for those with Laser-Cut Front: there are 4 longer screws that hold the front together with the fans.
Note: the front only aligns with the holes in one direction...

2) motherboard and GPU assembly next and PSU last

3) I have included some thermal pad with each case - if you use a HDPlex, please stick it on the flap near the mounting holes:

View attachment 3004

you may also buy some additional pads to put under the HDPlex...

4) for those who like to use a FLEX PSU: you have to break off the IEC C5 mounting piece, best use some small pliers:

View attachment 3005

5) please do not use brute force on the screws - else you'll risk stripping the threads - also make sure the holes align well when putting the parts together

View attachment 3006

the rest should be straight forward :p

Looking forward to see your builds and I whish everyone pleasant Christmas Holidays! 🎄☃️🌠
Case is amazing! Arrived much earlier than expected, so havent got all the parts yet!

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

Need some natural light but its very nice!

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
two people didn't reply me concerning shipping and payment, so I got two cases with CNC walnut & steel mesh left!

If you're interested, please send me a PM with your name and shipping address...
@bakakiba @Tallgeese this is your chance guys!

I was interested in the case but stopped short of sending in a PM to join the GB as Overtek was able to fulfil my Densium 4 APU order, which means I can swap out the APU build from the Lone L5 to the D4 APU and the L5 becomes free for an LP GPU build.