My first gaming system

Markclark

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Aug 12, 2018
Hi I'd like to build my first proper gaming system either this month or in September , I know SFF isn't exactly good for a first timer ,but damn do those small systems look cool , I have about 1400 USD (maybe a bit more) , that I'd like to spend on my system I thought of this configuration (not sure about the cooling solution /case/psu)
I5 8400/Ryzen 2600 (X)
16 GB of ram
512 GB m.2 to avoid issues with vibrations
RX580 8 GIG /GTX 1060 (might upgrade to a 2060/1160 in 6-8months)
This is my basic sort of build idea , I'd like to go with something like a Dan case since they look pretty dope , based on what I've researched the components are cool enough (no pun intended) not to be an issue when going SFF , my inspiration for going SFF was Linus cramming in a titan X and a core i9 into a Dan case :).This is my built idea , I also considered a hades canyon NUC which is quite a bit weaker but still probably powerful enough for me , I'm just concerned whether it's not considered old due to the fact it first was revealed at CES 2018 and starting shipping in April-may , and whether 11th gen won't obsolete it fully .
Anyways thanks for reading my overly post , I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with the psu/cooling and case of my build

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
NUC’s are awesome machines, but if this is mainly for gaming, then I’d totally go with the dan case and a build. And with your budget, is easily possible. If you went with a dan case and an i5 8400, I’d probably use a Noctua L9i. As for the psu, I’d recommend any fully modular sfx psu that meets the power requirements. Personally I’d a sfx-l as while it’s possible, can get really cramped.

Reactions: Phuncz

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I'd personally consider a Not From Concentrate S4M build. You can get a 1060/2060 and 8400 into the build no problems and it would be about 60% the size of the DAN if I'm not mistaken.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Should be doable on that budget. I spent about the same on mine including a 24" 1920x1200 monitor and Win10Pro.

Reactions: Phuncz