First SFF

Boris

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Dec 24, 2019
Hi I've been wanting to build a new gaming PC for a while now , but due to the limitations of my room I cant really fit a proper tower so I'd have to settle for SFF most likely as I dont really want a laptop.

My first choice was a Hades Canyon / Skull Canyon although they seem fairly limited in terms of GPU power and upgradability , both also seem rather old all things considered.

I also considered a zotac Magnus PC although they're not readily avaible where I live. Same can also be said for a lot of custom cases , they're either unavailable or cost a lot and have a long waiting time.

That's why I considered waiting for the upcoming Ghost Canyon NUC as from the leaked reviews it seems powerful and upgradeable enough and has the ability to slot in an extra GPU (I'd personally get a 2060/rx equivalent).it all seems that the i7 9750 SKU would work fine with that. Though it hasnt been unveiled and I'm not sure in regards to the price of such a system.

Again I'm a pretty big newbie in regards to SFF and feel slightly overwhelmed by this.I mostly want decent 1080p/1440p gaming with some productivity and schoolwork .

Should I wait for the Ghost Canyon , try to order something like a Dan case or just scrap my project altogether and go with a laptop?

My total budget is around 1400 USD and I already have ram and SSD + the peripherals.