Monochrome (Thorzone Mjolnir build)

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2020
Got in the motherboard, the Z490-I from ASUS. It's quite hefty and good looking. The I/O heat-shield by comparison is massive to the boards over-all size. lol Once I get a few more things in, I can send stuff off to be re-anodized!

dWice

Case Bender
New User
May 17, 2021
Got in the motherboard, the Z490-I from ASUS. It's quite hefty and good looking. The I/O heat-shield by comparison is massive to the boards over-all size. lol Once I get a few more things in, I can send stuff off to be re-anodized!

Good day. Sorry for my knowledge of English, I am from Russia and I am writing through a translator. Can you please tell me, this board is Asus rog strix z490-I gaming and Cryorig C7G - they are compatible and installation takes place without problems? I have a cooling problem and cannot find a good cooler for this motherboard so that it fits into it without problems. And tell me, what do you have after setting the processor temperatures?! Will Cryorig C7G be enough for 10600kf? Thanks in advance for your answer !!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Good day. Sorry for my knowledge of English, I am from Russia and I am writing through a translator. Can you please tell me, this board is Asus rog strix z490-I gaming and Cryorig C7G - they are compatible and installation takes place without problems? I have a cooling problem and cannot find a good cooler for this motherboard so that it fits into it without problems. And tell me, what do you have after setting the processor temperatures?! Will Cryorig C7G be enough for 10600kf? Thanks in advance for your answer !!

The CPU cooler in the pictures isn't the Cryorig C7G. I'm almost certain that it's the Noctua NH-L9i chromax.black cooler.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2020
Good morning, the translation was perfect!

Yes, the motherboard is indeed a ASUS ROG Strix Z490-I Gaming motherboard, and a Cryorig C7G CPU cooler. I think as long as you have good case ventilation, the cooler will be sufficient. You may need to run your 10600KF at stock speeds, or at the very least a small over-clock, but I think it will be okay.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2020
The CPU cooler in the pictures isn't the Cryorig C7G. I'm almost certain that it's the Noctua NH-L9i chromax.black cooler.
It's a Cryorig C7G, but the fan is a Noctua NF-A9x15 HS fan on top of it, so a bit of a trick.

The C7G is a better cooler, the NF-A9 is a better fan. Good combo.

Reactions: dWice

dWice

Case Bender
New User
May 17, 2021
Good morning, the translation was perfect!

Yes, the motherboard is indeed a ASUS ROG Strix Z490-I Gaming motherboard, and a Cryorig C7G CPU cooler. I think as long as you have good case ventilation, the cooler will be sufficient. You may need to run your 10600KF at stock speeds, or at the very least a small over-clock, but I think it will be okay.
So I can be calm that Cryorig C7G will be installed in this motherboard without any problems?

Reactions: Sazexa

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
So I can be calm that Cryorig C7G will be installed in this motherboard without any problems?

I'm using the very same motherboard, heatsink and replacement fan and can assure you that everything fit. Just mount the fan clips before sitting the heatsing because it won't be accessible once installed on the motherboard.

Z490-I and C7G without the fan :

Z490-I and C7G with the Noctua fan :

As a bonus, the C7G comes with fan clips for 15mm and 25mm thick fans. If I remember it well, it's the only version from the C7 series to bundle fan clips.

EDIT: Beware though, the fan that comes with the C7G won't fit as there's just no space to clip it to the heatsink. It conflicts with IO heatsink/ VRM shrould and RAM pushes against the RAM (but that might be due to my massive RAM modules).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sazexa and rfarmer

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
It's a Cryorig C7G, but the fan is a Noctua NF-A9x15 HS fan on top of it, so a bit of a trick.

Oh come on, that is messed up dude 🧐... Ain't cool messing with someone's head like that homie 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Sazexa

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020

This is the Same combo I had on my R9 3950X in the Dan A4 before going 240 AIO in the T1, its a good solid combo, looks the business too, its now running on a R5 1600 in the Dan A4 for the mrs, fan rarely goes above idle whilst cooling a stock speed 1600 (i dont OC), even under gaming and CAD workloads, should be a good performer for you, kept my 3950X in eco mode cool just fine, only time i had any throttling was when running long encode sessions with cpu at 100% for over half an hour I would start to drop below 3.5ghz hitting 95c, all other times it was high 60's to low 70's which is impressive for the size of the cooler, I alos hate noise, so max fan speed was set to 70% on the noctua fan.

Reactions: Sazexa and Dawelio