Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Any news? đź‘€
Acetal is finally done and should be available soon on the website. Acetal version is the same pump geometry and size as the brass version however is does not have the cold plate adjusters and uses a non-beveled top plate. Also because it is acetal it will not conduct pump heat into the loop.

El Media Vida

Caliper Novice
Jan 11, 2021
Acetal is finally done and should be available soon on the website. Acetal version is the same pump geometry and size as the brass version however is does not have the cold plate adjusters and uses a non-beveled top plate. Also because it is acetal it will not conduct pump heat into the loop.

Season 2 Dancing GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

It's already on web page, this week I'll complete the order.
Finally I'll use my PE360 as custom AIO.

Testwerke

Trash Compacter
Oct 18, 2017
What pure art that piece is! Wish I had come across this thread before ordering an EK block and Eisstation/DC-LT

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :)
I know its not much, but in my current video I do show how I mount a DDC to my new MODULTRA Lobo Block:

You can see the Modultra Lobo DDC Montage arround 24:44 min.
I will test with exactly that configuration both the i9-12900K aswell as the upcoming i9-13900K used on a Z690-i Strix and following with a RYZEN 7000 Test on the new X670E-i Strix I will compare the temperatures and benchmark the block to its limits! ;) Have a great one guys! <3

dust0vich

Efficiency Noob
Feb 26, 2022
Anybody tried this on a AM5 board now that they are out? AM4 heatsinks are supposed to be compatible with the AM5 socket.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Seems like the AM5 compatibility for AM4 is iffy due to the backplate/ retention changes.

So it's possible a new backplate might be needed

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Anybody tried this on a AM5 board now that they are out? AM4 heatsinks are supposed to be compatible with the AM5 socket.

I have not had the opppurtunity to test fit one but the LOBO should be compatible with AM5 with no issues. Because the LOBO uses a top down style mounting scheme, it can fit CPU's of varying heights. I chose this method because it allows the LOBO to fit delidded as well as stock heat spreaders. So as long as the AM5 mounting bracket uses 6-32 mounting screws it should work without any issues.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I have not had the opppurtunity to test fit one but the LOBO should be compatible with AM5 with no issues. Because the LOBO uses a top down style mounting scheme, it can fit CPU's of varying heights. I chose this method because it allows the LOBO to fit delidded as well as stock heat spreaders. So as long as the AM5 mounting bracket uses 6-32 mounting screws it should work without any issues.

I have both RYZEN 7600X and Asus X670E-I (ITX) here and can confirm the compatibility of LOBO AM4 mounting hardware. I will follow up some pictures or even a video for reference soon. ❤️

Last edited:

Evelisk

Efficiency Noob
Aug 2, 2018
Would this block work with lga 2066? The mounting holes are only 2mm farther apart than lga 1700 but as long as there's room to slide in some screws I got plenty of mounting hardware to make it work. It is the perfect thing to get the res out of my formd t1.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Would this block work with lga 2066? The mounting holes are only 2mm farther apart than lga 1700 but as long as there's room to slide in some screws I got plenty of mounting hardware to make it work. It is the perfect thing to get the res out of my formd t1.

It would fit but you would need to file out the top mounting bracket by .040 inches on each obround hole. Also you would need to use your own back plate.

Reactions: Evelisk

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
is it just me or can noone else find the actual giveaway?
or did I miss it already?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
is it just me or can noone else find the actual giveaway?
or did I miss it already?
Here is the link. its under the black Friday / cyber Monday banner. The giveaway ends on the first on December.

performancecomputer

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2019
www.performance-computer.com

We recently had the opportunity to build with the Modultra LOBO and I wanted to share the build here. You can see how to assemble this amazing block and heatsink. I would say that this is one of the most well made watercooling parts we've ever used. It's a huge space saver and makes ITX builds much easier since you can eliminate the reservoir more easily.

Here is our build: https://www.performance-computer.com/builds/ssupd-meshroom-s/

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :)
I was currently working on my Modultra LOBO by @Alloy Craft and I've got some pictures with Alphacool TPV 90° Fittings over some DDR5 bare PCB RAM sticks...
I thought some of you might be interested! :) By the way: I will be uploading a review about the new SSUPD Meshroom S in the beginning of 2023 with the Block showcased a little bit deeper and follow with a full buildlog in that case.

Wish you all the best and a happy NYE in a few days! <3