Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Thank you.

What is a link on for the website? I Am poking around and I do not see the direct die kit for the 17000 CPU? Also, will this work with the Intel 14th Gen CPU?

LGA 1700 use the same Layout for 12-13-14th Gen and the die is just a bit longer for 13&14th Gen and should work with the direct-die solution. :) Thats the Website:

Clientele Services

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2022
LGA 1700 use the same Layout for 12-13-14th Gen and the die is just a bit longer for 13&14th Gen and should work with the direct-die solution. :) Thats the Website:
So all their 1700 blocks are already set up for direct die?

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Intel i9-12900K delidded and with some Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Liquid Metal applied already. The Modultra Lobo in this prototype was bare copper and needed first a application to soak in the liquid metal and make a own barrier and then I reapplied the liquid metal for the final fitment.

It worked out all great and the temperatures went down arround 7°C in the benchmarks (like cinebench and others, compared to stock) but with 280mm Radiator (45mm thick) they settle in prime95 after nearly 60min. at 97°C both with and without delid. So I would argue that in the daily workflow and gaming its cooler by a fair bit. :) I will release some charts / diagrams with my review video, but that may take 1-2 weeks. For now I wanted to share that information with you guys! <3 Have a greeat weekend!

Here you can see the cold plate. It is bigger then both 12th Gen and 13/14th Gen CPU Dies are and therefore will work with all current Intel CPUs. :)

Clientele Services

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2022
Here you can see the cold plate. It is bigger then both 12th Gen and 13/14th Gen CPU Dies are and therefore will work with all current Intel CPUs. :)

Great, right now having a time getting the direct die kit. I have not heard back from anyone via email or this form. Just trying to get the price, and see how to get it right now if possible.

Right now I am locked and loaded to go with the EK 1700 Block, and Direct Kit.

Work on the street Modultra is a solid company and have some solid products. Right now I can not get any response on the prices or how to follow through.

Last edited:

spdfrek

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
I did a bad thing. I’ve built a not small pc. But, I did try to stuff something into the open space. Managed to just squeeze an alphacool 1260 into what used to be the front of an inwin d frame. Lobo is still front and center, cooling a 13900k, and working just as well as it did day one! I have undervolted the cpu, as well as using a frame to prevent bowing. Still considering a delid/direct die.

Pics

soldatjoe

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 12, 2020
Sorry for letting you wait...I was going through a lot of work and was completely overloaded and standing under a lot of preasure by myself. Sorry to @Alloy Craft for not posting anything yet. But here are my picture of my Intel i9-12900K delidded and with some Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Liquid Metal applied already. The Modultra Lobo in this prototype was bare copper and needed first a application to soak in the liquid metal and make a own barrier and then I reapplied the liquid metal for the final fitment.

It worked out all great and the temperatures went down arround 7°C in the benchmarks (like cinebench and others, compared to stock) but with 280mm Radiator (45mm thick) they settle in prime95 after nearly 60min. at 97°C both with and without delid. So I would argue that in the daily workflow and gaming its cooler by a fair bit. :) I will release some charts / diagrams with my review video, but that may take 1-2 weeks. For now I wanted to share that information with you guys! <3 Have a greeat weekend!
Hello, how much did you tighten down the screws with the direct die kit?
With mine I've gone to the point I could feel medium tension from the screws, but I could still tighten even more.
I'm just worried if I screw down too much, it'll crack the die.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
Hello, how much did you tighten down the screws with the direct die kit?
With mine I've gone to the point I could feel medium tension from the screws, but I could still tighten even more.
I'm just worried if I screw down too much, it'll crack the die.
There is no risk of craking the die with pressure. What can happen is that the die corners can crack if you apply uneven pressure to it.

My advice to tune the pressure would be to:
- place the case such that you have good access to the four tightening screws when the computer is running.
- run prime95 with a constant heavy load. Select a manual fft, for instance 8k fft and let it run until the temperature stabilizes. note that you should select an fft that does not induce temp throtlling.
- run hwinfo to check for the die temp
- select one tightening screw and while sligtly turning it one way or the other check for the die temp. turn it one way of the other until you no longer see improvements
- go to the other screw and repeat. do this three or four times for each screw and you are done.

lime517

Cable Smoosher
Jul 5, 2022
I already own a beefcake - would be interested in pricing info for just the frame + direct die coldplate though!

generalguy

Efficiency Noob
Nov 20, 2018
Is the beefcake backplate required? I don't mind upgrading but I'm curious to in now what it adds over the lobo included sheet steel one.

And is the cold plate nickel plated in the beta kit?

Last edited:

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Is the beefcake backplate required? I don't mind upgrading but I'm curious to in now what it adds over the lobo included sheet steel one.

And is the cold plate nickel plated in the beta kit?
The stock Intel back plates are pretty flimsy and can bend during ILM loading. The Beefcake back plate is much more rigid and keeps the CPU from deflecting during ILM loading. It is not required but can help prevent bent processors as well as makes it easier to mount your CPU thermal solution. The sheet metal back plate is for thermal solution retention only.

ofek256

Case Bender
New User
Apr 11, 2022
Hey, was just wondering if there would be a performance difference between the acetal version with an emitter heatsink compared to the standard version (with emitter also). also - would you be willing to share a basic CAD model of the pump block? It'll really help me design my tubing runs since I have 50mm of vertical space to work with. Cheers!

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Hey, was just wondering if there would be a performance difference between the acetal version with an emitter heatsink compared to the standard version (with emitter also). also - would you be willing to share a basic CAD model of the pump block? It'll really help me design my tubing runs since I have 50mm of vertical space to work with. Cheers!
The Brass will perform slightly better than the Acetal. Cad models are available on the aquarium planning discord.