Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've done a Video about the new SSUPD Meshroom S in "Fossil Gray" it matches the Modultra LOBO by @Alloy Craft in Titanium nearly perfectly in color! :) It also offers in a rather small formfactor a lot of playground for watercooling. I do demonstrate multiple 280mm radiator options and the RTX 4080 Founders Edition inside the case.

Check it out:

Here are some pictures I've took during the video shoot:

Kind regards
Victor from GucksTV (YouTube)

Reactions: rfarmer

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
I've done a Video about the new SSUPD Meshroom S in "Fossil Gray" it matches the Modultra LOBO by @Alloy Craft in Titanium nearly perfectly in color! :) It also offers in a rather small formfactor a lot of playground for watercooling. I do demonstrate multiple 280mm radiator options and the RTX 4080 Founders Edition inside the case.

Check it out:

Here are some pictures I've took during the video shoot:

Kind regards
Victor from GucksTV (YouTube)
Looks like a fun build, thanks Victor.

Reactions: GucksTV

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Quick note for LOBO peoples, I am thinking about doing a direct die kit that would be compatible with the LOBO for 12th and 13th gen Intel CPU's. Kit would be the Beefcake back plate, direct die contact frame and a direct die cold plate. The kit would fit any of the production LOBOs and cost would be the same as the EKWB version. Please let me know if you would be interested.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Quick note for LOBO peoples, I am thinking about doing a direct die kit that would be compatible with the LOBO for 12th and 13th gen Intel CPU's. Kit would be the Beefcake back plate, direct die contact frame and a direct die cold plate. The kit would fit any of the production LOBOs and cost would be the same as the EKWB version. Please let me know if you would be interested.

So we are talking about a 109,90€ part? :)
As the direct-die-coldplate would be used from most users with liquidmetal, will the new LOBO coldplate be nickel-plated aswell? It sounds interesting for sure. I am still hoping that the Raptor Lake Refresh for Q3/Q4 of this year will offer even more then the current 12th & 13th Gen CPUs do offer. It also means that a direct-die product, same as Z690/Z790 Boards with LGA 1700, will get one more year of life span. (great for a new released product like yours @Alloy Craft )

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Yes, unfortunately price on the kit will be a bit higher since it is a niche product. The direct die kit would include a nickel plated cold plate.

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Yes, unfortunately price on the kit will be a bit higher since it is a niche product. The direct die kit would include a nickel plated cold plate.

I guess as Direct Die by itself is a niche and as EK will make die Delidding Tool destribution for you ;P haha
it is fair to price it so its profitable for you. But will you consider to sell a "normal" nickel coldplate aswell?

By the way:
I have released a new Video regarding the Modultra LOBO with RAM clearance demo with some DDR5 bare PCB
and a full assembly guide and how I replaced my O-Rings so maybe nice to see how the Block is build together:

Hope you like the video guys! <3

quiche

Efficiency Noob
Aug 29, 2022
Something that stood out to me as a nice-to-have is that the EK direct-die kit comes with a foam ring to protect the rest of the chip from any stray liquid metal.
Do you think that's something worth including too?

Der8auer presents it in his review of the EK direct-die block:

Reactions: Curiosity

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Something that stood out to me as a nice-to-have is that the EK direct-die kit comes with a foam ring to protect the rest of the chip from any stray liquid metal.
Do you think that's something worth including too?

Der8auer presents it in his review of the EK direct-die block:
Our kit would provide a piece of die cut Kapton tape to mask the die from liquid metal spills. This would be more fool proof and offer better overall protection to the chip.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
A bit delayed, but;
@Alloy Craft
If you intend on selling things you manufacture or source for sale, you are required to either follow the Trade Subforum rules or register as a vendor - please PM me with a vendor name and i'll set you up with a Vendor tag so you can post there.

A gentle reminder - selling outside of Buy/Sell/Trade or Vendor subforum is against the rules :)

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Another "case" which would match very well to the LOBO's capabilities of setting up a SFF waterloop,
would for sure be the Corsair 2000D. I have done a quick and dirty hardware fitment test,
unboxing & review (in german) and maybe you are interested as I've got the chance to take my hands on the case rather early:

Reactions: rfarmer

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Currently with beta testers (I'm one of them)

what’s the feedback doc? Worth it? I must admit I almost bough the DDC distro thing the other day but the $70 USD shipping to aus stopped me dead in me bloody tracks, mate. Is that shipping still accurate? Because that will be permanently preventing me from buying anything in the future.

Reactions: NinoPecorino