Concept MK-2 (Sub 6L Watercooled SFF)

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
It's a Pump/CPU-Block combo, with a small res as well. This wouldn't go in the 160x65x30, it would be the CPU block.

Sorry! Didn't even see that it was a cpu block as well! There is about 37mm clearence between the top of the motherboard and the bottom of the PCB so while the pump would fit, no fittings would. What you could do though is move the graphics card up one slot (given that the card should now be a single slot card) and that should give you just enough space for 90 degree fittings.

Davila

Trash Compacter
May 28, 2017
What about this Pump/CPU-Block combo? http://www.swiftech.com/ApogeeDrive2.aspx

Its got the tubing on the side and you can angle them unlike the Eisbaer that has them on the top. Would this work with dual slot cards?

EDIT: I cant find a reservoir that fits in 160mm x 65mm x 30mm. Most of the reservoir's that I am finding are 60mm in diameter which overrules the 30mm. Any suggestions? I saw that you're using a T-Line but I don't know what that is and I cant seem to find one anywhere XD

Last edited:
Reactions: AleksandarK

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
What about this Pump/CPU-Block combo? http://www.swiftech.com/ApogeeDrive2.aspx

Its got the tubing on the side and you can angle them unlike the Eisbaer that has them on the top. Would this work with dual slot cards?

EDIT: I cant find a reservoir that fits in 160mm x 65mm x 30mm. Most of the reservoir's that I am finding are 60mm in diameter which overrules the 30mm. Any suggestions? I saw that you're using a T-Line but I don't know what that is and I cant seem to find one anywhere XD

That pump again seems way to tall to fit. Maximum pump / cpu block height should not exceed about 30mm if you also want to use a dual slot graphics card.

A T line is simply using a section of tubing as your reservoir to that is "Teed" into the main loop. Very space saving and serves the same function.

Davila

Trash Compacter
May 28, 2017
I think I've finally found a viable option.

In order:

Dual 80MM Radiator

T-Line

Pump (https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pump...plete-edition-eisdecke-schwarz/acetal?c=20557) I'm pretty sure this fits.

Normal CPU Block.

Here's an MS Paint drawing that I did to show the loop.

Zack can you confirm that the pump would fit? Thanks!

Also are there any ram height problems? Could if it some of that sweet sweet Trident Z RGB?

Last edited:

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
I think I've finally found a viable option.

In order:

Dual 80MM Radiator

T-Line

Pump (https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pump...plete-edition-eisdecke-schwarz/acetal?c=20557) I'm pretty sure this fits.

Normal CPU Block.

Here's an MS Paint drawing that I did to show the loop.

Zack can you confirm that the pump would fit? Thanks!

Also are there any ram height problems? Could if it some of that sweet sweet Trident Z RGB?

Your loop layout looks correct. The pump is slightly confusing though. It states two different dimensions in the tech specs and the description. My assumption is that the tech specs list the dimensions for the actual pump while the description lists the dimensions for the entire assembly. So if the pump can be separated from the assembly then it should fit quite well in the available space.

As for ram, standard DDR4 should have room but extended heatsinks will require a single slot graphics card mounted in the highest possible position for proper space.

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
G-Unique power adapters incoming so that the best one can be incorporated into the case!

On another note, the frame has been successfully printed and is on its way. I should be receiving it around Saturday timeframe.

I have also managed to snag an open box biostar X370GTN at a significant discount and have ordered a Ryzen 5 1400 to accompany it! The prototype will now be a Ryzen build.

Davila

Trash Compacter
May 28, 2017
Do you have an estimate of how much the cases are going to cost yet?

Also will we order through a google form or will you create a website?

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Do you have an estimate of how much the cases are going to cost yet?

Also will we order through a google form or will you create a website?

I am on target to hit a $200-$225 price point for the case as a whole. Most likely how I will sell it is through Shapeways and Ponoko to start. So the ordering process will require you to purchase the frame (all 3D printed parts) through Shapeways and then purchase the side panels separately through Ponoko. I still need to figure out how those will order the hardware (screws) required to construct the case. I will have a thread with details on how to order created once I am satisfied with the design (and once I become a sponsor on the site).

Last edited:

MoarCoffeePlzzz

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 2, 2015
Im curious as to why the window is on the rad and all of the components and blocks are covered up by the circle cut outs? Would probably provide better aesthetics and performance to flip them?

The case looks great though and I would be very interested in one.

Reactions: Zackmd1

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Im curious as to why the window is on the rad and all of the components and blocks are covered up by the circle cut outs? Would probably provide better aesthetics and performance to flip them?

The case looks great though and I would be very interested in one.

The window was placed over the rad because I wanted to have a substantial vent towards the bottom of the case for airflow. What I am looking into now (given the Ponoko side panels are good) is making the entire side panel out of 1/8th inch clear acrylic so that the entire side panel will be a window into the case.

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
So I think the front IO will be dropped for production. Simply takes up to much space and drives up the cost of the inner frame...