• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Going to get back in more detail to @RE4MATT3D review above, but he should absolutely email us and get a replacement for the mesh in the next batch :)

As to your point about the tapes, we actually tightened up the EVA foam considerably for Batch 2 / 3, so the panels don't get dislodged 👌
I've been following the project since I ordered in Nov '20 and forgot all about the tape. It was definitely well packed so the tape doesn't seem necessary any more and my only concern is the movement of the boxes inside the core as that's what I suspect caused the damage. I'll send an official email shortly as I knew that was the formal method of getting a replacement. Honestly, I'm still focused on the excitement of having my case and getting to build in it but wanted to put my unboxing/review here. I will post more pics once I have a chance to build in it (this weekend maybe).

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
Good job on the shipping so far team Mjolnir!

Is the Aluminum color set to be shipped last? When can we expect this?
Asking for personal logistics purposes.

Also would the ASUS ROG Strix Z690-I GAMING motherboard fit in the case (having a rather large SSD heatsink/bridge).

@AlexTzone would you be so kind to look at these 2 questions?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone would you be so kind to look at these 2 questions?

Yes, we're aiming to finish shipping in 2 more goes (150-200 cases each time), Steel should be done in 2-3 weeks, hopefully sooner.

As for the motherboard, it looks similar to my Strix X570 so I don't expect trouble, maybe somebody can confirm? :)

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
Yes, we're aiming to finish shipping in 2 more goes (150-200 cases each time), Steel should be done in 2-3 weeks, hopefully sooner.

As for the motherboard, it looks similar to my Strix X570 so I don't expect trouble, maybe somebody can confirm? :)

Those are very acceptable time frames, and by no means a guarantee i realize that, thanks for giving me an estimate!

You are right that Strix X570-I also has a heightened heatsink. If that one has been fitting in Mjolnirs then the Strix Z690-I should be no problem either, i will go ahead and order.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey @AlexTzone
any idea on when the Batch 1 "add-ons" that was purchased will be sent? still in line with after the batch 2 get sent before batch 3?
So by retrospect - Xmas perhaps?

Batch 2 and 3 ship at the same time (from our perspective they are the same batch), so the addons will be sent immediately after :)

Jooff

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2021
How long did it take for you guys to receive the tracking number email? I have yet to receive mine and I think I was part of this batch of shipping

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
How long did it take for you guys to receive the tracking number email? I have yet to receive mine and I think I was part of this batch of shipping
I received my tracking within 1-2 days of shipping (not sure when they were actually picked up by the 3PL) but it took a week to hit FedEx, then about another week to travel, including customs on both sides. If you feel you should have received tracking by now, send them an email.

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
Okay .. I don't understand why not everything is shipped at the same time, this story is starting to get more and more stupid. My family and loved ones laugh at me and tell me that I got ripped off. If I had known I wouldn't have it before 2022, I probably wouldn't have ordered this case. Alex had promised a shipment in August for batch 2, that's why I ordered it. But I regret bitterly. And please, stop to apologize over and over again..

Just for information you can write whatever you want on your website regarding returns and refunds, there are laws in Europe :

These laws are there to protect us, such as: no paying the shipping additional costs of a product from China when we have paid to a Swedish company. Or to have to pay out again the return costs in case of refusal, but this time to send back to Sweden. Pretty sleight of hand, but not very honest.

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Okay .. I don't understand why not everything is shipped at the same time, this story is starting to get more and more stupid. My family and loved ones laugh at me and tell me that I got ripped off. If I had known I wouldn't have it before 2022, I probably wouldn't have ordered this case. Alex had promised a shipment in August for batch 2, that's why I ordered it. But I regret bitterly. And please, stop to apologize over and over again..

Just for information you can write whatever you want on your website regarding returns and refunds, there are laws in Europe :

These laws are there to protect us, such as: no paying the shipping additional costs of a product from China when we have paid to a Swedish company. Or to have to pay out again the return costs in case of refusal, but this time to send back to Sweden. Pretty sleight of hand, but not very honest.

Everything isn’t shipped at once because the risk of sending the wrong products becomes pretty big. The workers at the freight forwarder company have to get used to our model numbers and how to match them with the correct shipments, sending 700 at once increases the risk of mismatching, so we do it 100 at a time to train them.

The latest 100 cases have shipped now, what is your order number? — I’ll check where you are in the shipping doc. On Thursday we’re at 80% fulfillment with 550/700 cases sent. The next shipping session after that all cases will be sent, so we’re on track to completing it before Christmas. The August shipping was an estimate as was stated on the website at the time.

In any case, what is your order number? It might have been in the latest shipment.

Last edited:

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020
Everything isn’t shipped at once because the risk of sending the wrong products becomes pretty big. The workers at the freight forwarder company have to get used to our model numbers and how to match them with the correct shipments, sending 700 at once increases the risk of mismatching, so we do it 100 at a time to train them.

The latest 100 cases have shipped now, what is your order number? — I’ll check where you are in the shipping doc. On Thursday we’re at 80% fulfillment with 550/700 cases sent. The next shipping session after that all cases will be sent, so we’re on track to completing it before Christmas. The August shipping was an estimate as was stated on the website at the time.

In any case, what is your order number? It might have been in the latest shipment.
Hi Alex, is dark batch 2 on track to be done in this timeframe? I currently have all my parts except RAM so I am hoping the case and ram are in sync :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi Alex, is dark batch 2 on track to be done in this timeframe? I currently have all my parts except RAM so I am hoping the case and ram are in sync :)

Almost all Dark cases (except 28) are picked up by the freight forwarder on Thursday! So I'm 100% sure it will be completed during that timeframe :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey @AlexTzone can you let me know when your guys will send out the replacement for those damaged parts occurred during shipment? I have sent you the email way back in July this year and another email in Nov.

No reply yet.

Thanks

We're keeping track and all replacement parts will be made in this upcoming batch.

Reactions: Zwelgje

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@For_Science Absolutely 😁 It's going to connect to the bottom of the MJOLNIR, i.e. the back plate on the Core (the one with the power button) will be replaced with the BORG, then the conversion is done. BORG has it's own dedicated power button on the front and an opening for cables on the back. Now, say that you make the MJOLNIR vertical and want to flip the internal layout (GPU and CPU sides switch place), this would rotate the BORG as well and make it so the power button is on the back and cables are sticking out the front...not nice, so we made sure the middle part of the BORG (the one that connects to the Core) can be rotated as well. Last, it works with any MJOLNIR thus far (Kickstarter, Batch 1, 2, 3 and the upcoming 4 of course).

As for thermals, this will be the most optimal way to run MJOLNIR (unless you have a blower style GPU) because there's very little resistance on any side. So for those looking for the best performance it's MJOLNIR w. Performance panels, 2x O2 panels, Booster Cell and BORG.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@For_Science Absolutely 😁 It's going to connect to the bottom of the MJOLNIR, i.e. the back plate on the Core (the one with the power button) will be replaced with the BORG, then the conversion is done. BORG has it's own dedicated power button on the front and an opening for cables on the back. Now, say that you make the MJOLNIR vertical and want to flip the internal layout (GPU and CPU sides switch place), this would rotate the BORG as well and make it so the power button is on the back and cables are sticking out the front...not nice, so we made sure the middle part of the BORG (the one that connects to the Core) can be rotated as well. Last, it works with any MJOLNIR thus far (Kickstarter, Batch 1, 2, 3 and the upcoming 4 of course).

As for thermals, this will be the most optimal way to run MJOLNIR (unless you have a blower style GPU) because there's very little resistance on any side. So for those looking for the best performance it's MJOLNIR w. Performance panels, 2x O2 panels, Booster Cell and BORG.

Very nice, could you comment on how you aim (or whether you aim to at all) match the colors of the BORG across the many different production runs you have done so far. Maybe it is not relevant for steel (yay for me, I guess), but for the other colors I remember you mentioning the importance of matching the anodization runs.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Very nice, could you comment on how you aim (or whether you aim to at all) match the colors of the BORG across the many different production runs you have done so far. Maybe it is not relevant for steel (yay for me, I guess), but for the other colors I remember you mentioning the importance of matching the anodization runs.

So to start we purchase aluminium and anodizing dyes from the same producers, which eliminates most of the variation right away. Then we polish, bead blast and anodize them in the same facilities as the original ones, which eliminates even more variation. Now we're down to color variation that can possibly be spotted when 2 flush surfaces from different runs are right next to each other, but luckily the BORG is separated from the Shell with that silver (Steel color) middle part, so the surfaces are never close enough for you to spot any differences. For the Booster Cell, it takes up almost the entire front of the case, so even is there's a tiny difference how would you brain understand it? (i.e. even the exact same color looks different from 2 different angles anyways, so how would the brain know which difference is accurate and which is not).

I still use my MJOLNIR prototype in Dark with a Booster Cell from a different anodizing dye (different gray) and I honestly have a hard time seeing a difference (see here), so imagine how hard it would be to see a difference when the exact same dye is used but in 2 different batches.

Where color matching becomes really important is for things like panels and such, but even this will be very close between different runs because we get our materials and dyes from the same place every time :)

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020
Almost all Dark cases (except 28) are picked up by the freight forwarder on Thursday! So I'm 100% sure it will be completed during that timeframe :)
Great news! I haven’t seen a shipping confirmation yet. How soon can those in that order expect to see this?