• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
so we made sure the middle part of the BORG (the one that connects to the Core) can be rotated as well.
Ohh man!! That is sooo cool! I have such a hard time deciding which side I want facing me and now I'll be able to rotate it on the fly!!
The Borg is going to be perfect for my use case as well (external radiator) because it will help hide all the cable clutter I have coming out of the empty pcie slot on my Mjolnir right now. I could even make a custom panel to attach 90° fittings and the quick disconnects to where the cables exit The Borg. I can't wait!!

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
@For_Science Absolutely 😁 It's going to connect to the bottom of the MJOLNIR, i.e. the back plate on the Core (the one with the power button) will be replaced with the BORG, then the conversion is done. BORG has it's own dedicated power button on the front and an opening for cables on the back. Now, say that you make the MJOLNIR vertical and want to flip the internal layout (GPU and CPU sides switch place), this would rotate the BORG as well and make it so the power button is on the back and cables are sticking out the front...not nice, so we made sure the middle part of the BORG (the one that connects to the Core) can be rotated as well. Last, it works with any MJOLNIR thus far (Kickstarter, Batch 1, 2, 3 and the upcoming 4 of course).

As for thermals, this will be the most optimal way to run MJOLNIR (unless you have a blower style GPU) because there's very little resistance on any side. So for those looking for the best performance it's MJOLNIR w. Performance panels, 2x O2 panels, Booster Cell and BORG.

Sexy "Docks"

Would these be orderable by current people that already ordered or would that incur large additional shipping fees?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Ohh man!! That is sooo cool! I have such a hard time deciding which side I want facing me and now I'll be able to rotate it on the fly!!
The Borg is going to be perfect for my use case as well (external radiator) because it will help hide all the cable clutter I have coming out of the empty pcie slot on my Mjolnir right now. I could even make a custom panel to attach 90° fittings and the quick disconnects to where the cables exit The Borg. I can't wait!!

That's awesome man, I'm stoked to see what you come up with. Is it possible to make openings in your granite block? I.e. so that all cables go straight down and totally hidden by the BORG / your radiator rig :D
What about my tracking number? I‘m backer #1822-B2 and can‘t wait for my stealth Mjolnir :)

It's already shipped, you'll receive the tracking number this coming week :D

was anyone able to fit a series 30 asus tuf?

I've seen a couple user do it, but be careful so the shroud doesn't get scratched. Or sand down the riser standoffs on your MJOLNIR by 0.5mm, that will work as well :)
Sexy "Docks"

Would these be orderable by current people that already ordered or would that incur large additional shipping fees?

Absolutely you'll be able to get it and it won't affect the shipping of your current order either. When production is finished (estimated April 2022) they will be shipped to you :)

• Love
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
hey @AlexTzone are we going to keep this thread to ask about the BORG or we making a new thread about it.
Want to know more about the connectors since will be from the bottom. None of the 3DCAD shows how the wires going to be connected to the back of that unit. Will 90s connectors provided or something?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
hey @AlexTzone are we going to keep this thread to ask about the BORG or we making a new thread about it.
Want to know more about the connectors since will be from the bottom. None of the 3DCAD shows how the wires going to be connected to the back of that unit. Will 90s connectors provided or something?

I think we should keep it in this thread, after all, it’s an addon for MJOLNIR :)

The opening on the back looks like this:
On the inside it looks very similar to the original back panel, we’ll make more illustrations :)

Jooff

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2021
Just wondering what everyones courier company they are getting. I just received a DHL shipment tracker but am not sure if it is the mjolnir since its coming from Singapore. Does anyone else have DHL or is it region dependent?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just wondering what everyones courier company they are getting. I just received a DHL shipment tracker but am not sure if it is the mjolnir since its coming from Singapore. Does anyone else have DHL or is it region dependent?

It can be UPS, DHL or (most likely) FedEx :)

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
Hi @AlexTzone I am not sure if my emails to Thor Zone end up in your spam folder so I will now just ask here, do you have any idea about Order #2335-B2
Would be great if it was sent out before the next presale will hit.

chrisR

Cable Smoosher
Aug 1, 2021
I was so excited that the PCI-E 4.0 riser finally opened so we could pay a small amount to get what originally promised. I'm not bothered by the delay at all, or even the 22 euros you're charging for it. What I am bothered by is the 23 euros in shipping for it. For 45 euros, I can buy a retail riser that'll arrive in a couple days. Honestly I love my Mjolnir but the shipping costs really make it seem like a money grab - I can order from Aliexpress and shipping for cables is a couple dollars, this is outrageous.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I was so excited that the PCI-E 4.0 riser finally opened so we could pay a small amount to get what originally promised. I'm not bothered by the delay at all, or even the 22 euros you're charging for it. What I am bothered by is the 23 euros in shipping for it. For 45 euros, I can buy a retail riser that'll arrive in a couple days. Honestly I love my Mjolnir but the shipping costs really make it seem like a money grab - I can order from Aliexpress and shipping for cables is a couple dollars, this is outrageous.

I understand the frustration, but shipping prices are unfortunately absolutely insane if we want to use express (FedEx, DHL or UPS). I hoped that smaller items like the riser would cost very little to ship, but unfortunately it's super expensive as well (i.e. shipping a 0.5kg package is 23 EUR depending on country, while shipping 4.5kg can be something 45 EUR). So the smaller packages a lot more expensive relative to their weight. Once again, the shipping prices are directly from our freight forwarders and we get to keep none of it.

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
Just came to say the same thing 😆 I'm sure there's justification. I'm just looking at alternatives and atleast at full price it doesn't end up being too dissimilar.

Last edited:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I think we should keep it in this thread, after all, it’s an addon for MJOLNIR :)

The opening on the back looks like this:
On the inside it looks very similar to the original back panel, we’ll make more illustrations :)
Two things:
- do you know the status of the previous add-ons shipment? i know you've mentioned batch 2-3 and its been shipped, has the add-ons been delayed?
- I see the illustration, I'm concerned about the room and how for example the power cable (being a fat knob) will bend.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I understand the frustration, but shipping prices are unfortunately absolutely insane if we want to use express (FedEx, DHL or UPS). I hoped that smaller items like the riser would cost very little to ship, but unfortunately it's super expensive as well (i.e. shipping a 0.5kg package is 23 EUR depending on country, while shipping 4.5kg can be something 45 EUR). So the smaller packages a lot more expensive relative to their weight. Once again, the shipping prices are directly from our freight forwarders and we get to keep none of it.
Just dropped by to say that I ordered a Borg! (I actually haven't gotten around to building in my Mjolnir, but I know I will want the stand). Just a few comments:

1. I couldn't seem to to choose an alternative color for the borg (doesn't matter for me, just asking)
2. I assume that replacement parts for Kickstarter will aslo be shipped together in April.
3. Any word on the final decision with the Tempered glass? Is it still the same hardened mineral glass but with foam support?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Two things:
- do you know the status of the previous add-ons shipment? i know you've mentioned batch 2-3 and its been shipped, has the add-ons been delayed?
- I see the illustration, I'm concerned about the room and how for example the power cable (being a fat knob) will bend.

Batch 2 and 3 are 80% done, we’re shipping the last ones this week. Next week I’m going to get the upgrades organized and shipped :)

The power cable is the biggest obstacle, but we have added plenty of space, 60mm of space to be exact.

Just dropped by to say that I ordered a Borg! (I actually haven't gotten around to building in my Mjolnir, but I know I will want the stand). Just a few comments:

1. I couldn't seem to to choose an alternative color for the borg (doesn't matter for me, just asking)
2. I assume that replacement parts for Kickstarter will aslo be shipped together in April.
3. Any word on the final decision with the Tempered glass? Is it still the same hardened mineral glass but with foam support?

Awesome, stoked to have you on board again For! 😄

1. If you want an alternative BORG color (Steel/Dark/Stealth) you can email us and we’ll make it happen. Keeping everything the same color is what the majority of people will be looking for, so I just thought we aid them in this a bit. But as I said, it’s super easy for us to make it it any of the 3 colors, regardless of your original order.

2. Yes, some replacement parts have been completed now but the majority will be shipped in April.

3. We changed glass suppliers a while back, before batch 2 and 3. When I told our factory representative that the current TG panels don’t shatter like TG (after the Reddit drama) he said “I know, we use a different glass supplier now for the current order, i.e. B2/B3). So it’s TG now. With the exception of how it shatters there’s not much difference IMO, but at least we don’t have to change anything on the website.

Hi @AlexTzone I contacted a few months ago regarding my warped O2 panel. I was told to email you guys but never got a reply back. Is there anything that can be done about this?\

I see, unfortunate to see that, may I ask how you think this may have happened? I’ve never seen that before. We’ll ship you a replacement mesh :)

Last edited:
Reactions: For_Science

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
I see, unfortunate to see that, may I ask how you think this may have happened? I’ve never seen that before. We’ll ship you a replacement mesh :)
I honestly have no idea. I only noticed it after taking apart my build to replace some components. But thank you that would be greatly appreciated! How should I get in contact with you to provide information?