• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That's the bold statement. Maybe you could update us on the status of the RoW negotiations (we still don't know whether you have already started to negotiate or you will only start once the EU deal has been settled).

Everything has been submitted, EU and RoW. We've asked for EU to be prioritized so it's likely to be the first one we get.

Reactions: keepcoding

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
I have the Corsair H60i, I don't think the tube length is very different, but seems to fit fine for me.

What fan is above the motherboard?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I have the Corsair H60i, I don't think the tube length is very different, but seems to fit fine for me.

Yeah your AIO tube starts near the ram instead which enables you to do so
im trying to think in my head why i wasn't able to achieve that considering you were.
What are your specs please? (mb, psu...)

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I prefolded the PSU cables and tied them together. Most of the bulk of the wires poke out on the GPU side. I also have the h60 and I was able to squeeze them in around my RAM and used zipties to keep them in place. :)

@AlexTzone Finally managed it after switching from Kraken M22 to Corsair H60. Might want to put somewhere on the website that threaded AIO tubes are hard to reroute through the system.
Booster cell fan is not yet plugged (waiting on a splitter) BUT I am surprised to say that even without, I am getting 50 to 50 degrees on CPU and 60 to 70 on GPU with benchmarks.
I think you have enough room due to PSU - i see a corsair where as i have an EVGA i think this is the reason why i've been having a hard time (so sad if this is the case)

Glad you have switched out and made it happen - i agree on the breading tubes as the stock PSU cables vs the custom cables the stock one was not as malliable even pre-bent

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
For Europe, we are still waiting. Sent an email last Friday but no response yet. It’s not under our control but when it’s done we will send the cases more of less the next day (like we’ve done for all other cases as soon as the deals have been finalized).
Thanks for the update.
It was a month ago you mentioned trying to squeeze in deliveries for the UK & then you decided to change the shipping company to UPS.

I know you are optimistic UPS will give a better price but if they do not, are you going to go back and use the "third party freight forwarder"?
Or is there another backup plan?

Thanks again

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I will probably wait until the base upgrade to get a riser upgrade. Doesn’t seem to make too much sense to jump in if there may be another product round the corner too.

supey

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 21, 2021
Does anyone know if a Noctua NH-L9a would be sufficient to cool a 5600x in this case? Or would something like a Cryorig C7 be better?

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
This is genius, such a simple fix (tubes close to the motherboard rather than the opposite side) and one we’ve never even though about 😳

Some more good news, the screws are done and will be sent to the assembly factory tomorrow. They should arrive on the same day and the assembly line has been prepared again. We hope to assemble all Steel cases this week and finally finish Kickstarter / Batch 1.

For Europe, we are still waiting. Sent an email last Friday but no response yet. It’s not under our control but when it’s done we will send the cases more of less the next day (like we’ve done for all other cases as soon as the deals have been finalized).

I don’t think we’re being bullied by UPS because the other ones like DHL and FedEx have been extremely slow as well. At least they are honest with the fact that this takes time. Just because a third party freight forwarder says they’ll fix it a lot quicker doesn’t mean it’s true, since they still have to talk to the big couriers about it + add a profit margin for their work = I don’t see how this would be cheaper or quicker (once all hidden fees are shown) since we have pretty big volume as well.

Covid may be easier for you as an individual now but in some industries its effects are just starting — in particular the shipping industry. I have no doubt we’ll ship 99% in July, we’ve already shipped close to 700 units so it’s not like we’re sitting on our buts doing nothing.
Just to put things in perspective:

"- We're 100% sure MJOLNIR will be delivered in 2021

- 95% sure it will be finished in March

- 99.99% sure it will be finished & shipped by April"

It is OK if you like to play with percentages, but what we need at this point is concrete things, and as you (not me) already talked about second option, maybe it is time now to start calling them, don't want to wait another month for the DHL pricing department or whatever the second option is.

Reactions: Phnx

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
According to reddit - someone managed to "lift" the PSU bracket about 2cm higher than it should giving enough gap between bottom FAN and PSU cabling. He didn't invert his PSU - I was wondering if anyone here did same? if so ... how? Waiting for fan grill before I attempt again at cable managing.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
According to reddit - someone managed to "lift" the PSU bracket about 2cm higher than it should giving enough gap between bottom FAN and PSU cabling. He didn't invert his PSU - I was wondering if anyone here did same? if so ... how? Waiting for fan grill before I attempt again at cable managing.
I didn't fo this personally, but I know what they did. Just unscrew the psu bracket enough to make it loose, then lift it up as high as it can go before your power cable won't allow the core to slide into the shell and then tighten it down at the height that works for you.

Reactions: beerbuddha

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch

You will need a flat power connector (possibly custom made) for the PSU and drill new holes for the PSU bracket.
If you can't find or create a custom power connector you could also remove the bottom panel of the case which would allow you to place the power supply lower.

[edit] Argh, just saw that Alex has changed the design of the power supply bracket compared to the first prototype. It doesn't allow to drill additional holes anymore...

Last edited:

zydycjr

Cable Smoosher
Nov 20, 2019
My order was placed on the first batch shipping to china. Yet still waiting for the unit. But there is no responese on the email.

Phnx

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
Could you @AlexTzone please give us a date when EU will be shipped at the latest? It's been a month waiting for UPS pricing, are you happy waiting for example another month?

• Sad
Reactions: Shinken1